Best Buy

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

LG Experience Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I applied online the application will take you about 45 mins. Got a call the next day. Phone interview was very short they just ask u about your availability and why u chose best buy. Right there they schedule you for a 2nd interview with one of the mangers. staff was very friendly. The interview consist of basic questions, mostly tell me about a time and questions about handling certain situations. They schedule me for a 3rd interview normally it is with the GM but since he was on vacation it was just with a manager .They offer for the job right there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation went well. They offer me a bit more than I was reviewing from my previous job.

Lifestyles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I first applied online
    Got a call 2 weeks later
    An interview with the store manager.
    He was really laid back guy, asked questions from standard form and circled 1-5 on answer (5 was best).
    Received a call back to meet the general manager one week later.
    Met the GM

Interview Questions
    • You dont get along with a certain co-worker, what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation bit was okay with it!

Back Office Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I applied for this position and received a call less than a week after. I noticed with some retail interviews that the manager would have a guideline in front of them, including in this interview. The manager would ask a question and start writing my response in the Best buy Interview Guideline packet. I was asked about 3-4 questions. I thought it was pretty short. I wasn't asked anything related to the position. I was asked about a time when I put someone else's best interest in front of mine, another time when I went out of my way to help someone, and the precise question (see below). Besides some in between tidbits of conversation, it was done.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to be precise while working at another position.   View Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Two interviews, one with the merchandising specialist and then another day with the store leader.

First interview is basic questions really easy, if they like you and your answers you will be pushed to the next round of interview.

Second interview was the most nerve racking with a more stern face to talk to. He wasn't liking me as much as the the first guy. After the interview he said he'll call me to let me know, NOT ONE PHONE CALL. Talk about professional? That guy sucks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be challenging for a new employee starting here?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Fairly general interview questions. Very friendly interviewers. It was a 2 interview process. The first one seemed more along the lines of informing you about the position to see if you still were interested. The second one had more questions along the lines of work ethics. Both interviews seemed laid back, but still had the important questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What are your views of customer or employee theft?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

After the fifth time I applied, I was call in for a interview that lasted forty minutes and was asked about ten questions. I was offered the job on the stop.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help someone?   View Answer
    None

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

The first interview well 2nd is with the Assistant manager and the GM will also be there. It was great be your self make them laught the day after I got a call to be interview with the GM He was super cool and funny there gonna ask u the same questions and ask what part of the store u wanna work. Then they will ask u to leave the room for 2minutes the You'll get the JOB����

Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I applied online for a position at a local best buy, I then received a phone call (first interview) a week and a half later. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview 2 days later. The interview process was easy, normal questions about how would you attend to a customer and about my work history and duties there. After that interview it took them about 2 weeks to get a call back to meet the GM. He asked questions about my job history, what type of manager do I see as an ideal manager, he offered me the job there and I waited for the offer on its bestbuy job site.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with multiple customers on a busy sales floor when you know your current customer is indecisive about their purchase.   View Answer
    I applied to multiple stores, different position, I did speak about the pay with the GM at the end of the interview, I took his store since I was beyond satisfied with the offer.

Tablet Saleman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2014.

Was called in for an interview

Sales Consultant Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

I applied online and they called me in the next few days!

I had three interviews in total. First one with the HR, second one with the computer department manager, third one with the General manager! Fairly easy they were all friendly, they just asked some behavioral and situational questions! Some times between interviews one may feel like it's taking long, but just be patient and it will happen thought time

Interview Questions
    • 1. First one phone interview with the HR. Obvious questions you would expect from an HR: availability, what positions did you apply for, do you have customer service experience!   Answer Question
    • 2. Second one With the department manager, I I had in my previous jobs, what challenges I have encountered, what if questions: what if someone stole something, what is you encounter a very angry customer, have you ever worked with a very difficult person, have you ever had a difficult problem; how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • 3. Third one was with the General manager, similar questions with the department. More behavioral and situational Questions, just answer them honestly and don't overthink your answers, go with the flow and just make conversations!   Answer Question
    It was very easy, just chill and take it easy and don't over do things