Best Buy Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Two interviews, one with the merchandising specialist and then another day with the store leader.

First interview is basic questions really easy, if they like you and your answers you will be pushed to the next round of interview.

Second interview was the most nerve racking with a more stern face to talk to. He wasn't liking me as much as the the first guy. After the interview he said he'll call me to let me know, NOT ONE PHONE CALL. Talk about professional? That guy sucks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be challenging for a new employee starting here?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I applied online for a position at a local best buy, I then received a phone call (first interview) a week and a half later. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview 2 days later. The interview process was easy, normal questions about how would you attend to a customer and about my work history and duties there. After that interview it took them about 2 weeks to get a call back to meet the GM. He asked questions about my job history, what type of manager do I see as an ideal manager, he offered me the job there and I waited for the offer on its bestbuy job site.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with multiple customers on a busy sales floor when you know your current customer is indecisive about their purchase.   View Answer
    I applied to multiple stores, different position, I did speak about the pay with the GM at the end of the interview, I took his store since I was beyond satisfied with the offer.

Sales Consultant Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

I applied online and they called me in the next few days!

I had three interviews in total. First one with the HR, second one with the computer department manager, third one with the General manager! Fairly easy they were all friendly, they just asked some behavioral and situational questions! Some times between interviews one may feel like it's taking long, but just be patient and it will happen thought time

Interview Questions
    • 1. First one phone interview with the HR. Obvious questions you would expect from an HR: availability, what positions did you apply for, do you have customer service experience!   Answer Question
    • 2. Second one With the department manager, I I had in my previous jobs, what challenges I have encountered, what if questions: what if someone stole something, what is you encounter a very angry customer, have you ever worked with a very difficult person, have you ever had a difficult problem; how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • 3. Third one was with the General manager, similar questions with the department. More behavioral and situational Questions, just answer them honestly and don't overthink your answers, go with the flow and just make conversations!   Answer Question
    It was very easy, just chill and take it easy and don't over do things

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Communication goes from phone interview to two more interviews after that. Can be very simple as long as you are honest and feel that best buy is a very good place to work at.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think best buy is compared to other places.   Answer Question
    No negotiation of salary

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

I was recruited for the position. They called me I had to apply online. The application takes about 45 mins. They then call you to set up an interview if you meet all the qualifications. After that you get interviewed by the store manager and another manager. After that interview you get interview by the District Manager. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • From what you have seen in the store what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroe, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Fairly general interview questions. Very friendly interviewers. It was a 2 interview process. The first one seemed more along the lines of informing you about the position to see if you still were interested. The second one had more questions along the lines of work ethics. Both interviews seemed laid back, but still had the important questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What are your views of customer or employee theft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

After the fifth time I applied, I was call in for a interview that lasted forty minutes and was asked about ten questions. I was offered the job on the stop.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help someone?   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

I submitted my resume in person and online. There is also personality test in the second part of the online application. Don't believe anything they say. They will never call you back. PERIOD. You have to go there physically or call them constantly. I Called them every 2 days even after the first interview. all together I had 3 interviews in the span of 3 weeks, just for a minimum wage sales job. The interviews made me sweaty and the job in general sucked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see an employee stealing?
      What are your lifetime goals in life?
        View Answer
    No salary negotiations

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

The first interview well 2nd is with the Assistant manager and the GM will also be there. It was great be your self make them laught the day after I got a call to be interview with the GM He was super cool and funny there gonna ask u the same questions and ask what part of the store u wanna work. Then they will ask u to leave the room for 2minutes the You'll get the JOB����

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2012.

Not much starts with a phone call interview, than a in store interview with a final Gm interview, interview was much as it was a 3 step interview process. Try to be yourself and give them a direct smart answer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond   View Answer
    not much they give you a wage and you sign if you want to accept it or not

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!