Best Buy Operations Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.6

Operations Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They first call you for a 15 minute phone interview asking you normal yes or no questions. Then they'll ask you the regular, "why do you wanna work for us?" After that they'll schedule you an interview with a store manager usually there's about 5 store managers. Then if you pass the first interview you'll be scheduled an interview with the general manager. The most important question that can determine your hire meant is, "if you saw and employee steal a dollar what would you do?" If you say let it slide they won't hire you. They'll even ask, "what about a penny or something less than a dollar?" Still reply with, I would tell managment or something similar.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee steal a penny from the cash register what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job at the end of June and I received a phone call two weeks later for an interview. I was asked questions about why I wanted to work for Best Buy, my previous experience, what I viewed as good customer service and how I would provide it for each customer. I was also asked to give examples from previous jobs of how I handled different situations and a variety of customers needs. In addition to that I was asked why I thought I would be a good fit for the position I applied for. After my first interview I was called and asked to schedule an interview with the GM three days later. Everything was very straightforward I didn't feel as though there were any trick questions, it also helped having a strong background in sales.

Interview Questions

• You will need to provide personal experiences and be able to relate them to the job you are applying for. Make sure that you are able to show you are a team player, and that you are willing to go above and beyond for every customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a fair amount and I accepted it, I didn't feel the need to try and negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Nothing too extravagant just be prepared to talk about yourself. Talk about your past experience and where you'd like to see yourself in three years. Also dont be afraid to ask more about future opportunities within the company.

Operations Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

Interview

Phone was first, then in store with department manager, she was busy working so we interviewed as we walked around the store, then with store manager on a different day in his office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little due to my experience, but it started as a seasonal job and they later asked me to stay.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in August 2007.

Interview

Best Buy was hiring seasonal employees, so they were actively looking to hire and hire quickly. I applied in store and got an interview on the spot. After waiting a few minutes i was interviewed by the HR person and asked a couple of basic interview questions. Interview lasted no longer then 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Operations Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very short and to the point. I was immediately hired. He asked a basic technoligy question. He said I could start working on the next Sunday and we trained for three days.

Operations Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2008.

Interview

Took test on best buy's website. They called me in for intiial interview. Got passed intial interview with manager. Had second interview with general manager. Very easy going interview. Just be personable and dress for in khakis and polo shirt. Smile and active listen.