Best Buy Operations Cashier Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I applied for a job at the end of June and I received a phone call two weeks later for an interview. I was asked questions about why I wanted to work for Best Buy, my previous experience, what I viewed as good customer service and how I would provide it for each customer. I was also asked to give examples from previous jobs of how I handled different situations and a variety of customers needs. In addition to that I was asked why I thought I would be a good fit for the position I applied for. After my first interview I was called and asked to schedule an interview with the GM three days later. Everything was very straightforward I didn't feel as though there were any trick questions, it also helped having a strong background in sales.

Interview Questions
  • You will need to provide personal experiences and be able to relate them to the job you are applying for. Make sure that you are able to show you are a team player, and that you are willing to go above and beyond for every customer.   Answer Question
They offered me a fair amount and I accepted it, I didn't feel the need to try and negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Operations Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

Phone was first, then in store with department manager, she was busy working so we interviewed as we walked around the store, then with store manager on a different day in his office.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little due to my experience, but it started as a seasonal job and they later asked me to stay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2007.

Best Buy was hiring seasonal employees, so they were actively looking to hire and hire quickly. I applied in store and got an interview on the spot. After waiting a few minutes i was interviewed by the HR person and asked a couple of basic interview questions. Interview lasted no longer then 20 minutes.

No negotiation took place

Operations Cashier Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2008.

Took test on best buy's website. They called me in for intiial interview. Got passed intial interview with manager. Had second interview with general manager. Very easy going interview. Just be personable and dress for in khakis and polo shirt. Smile and active listen.