Best Buy Operations Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

You have about three people interviewing you. The DM/GM/Sales Manager. They ask you about the stores sales performance, HR/payroll/credit/staffing questions. How are you going to manage those areas.

I did not get a chance to ask for more. It was my first time going through a process like that. I would highly recommend that people who do go through a process like this, talk about what salary you are looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Resume and phone screen with recruiter
    face to face round robin interviews with hiring manager - usually panel interviews
    sometimes a second round to determine the selected candidate
    offer sent by recruiter

Interview Questions
    • starting to incorporate questions to gauge analytical abilities of candidate and how they think on their feet in ambiguous situations   Answer Question
    There is no a lot of room to negoiate. Their offer is usually very straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Uninspiring and poorly scripted interview process with HR rep, GM of store and an Operations Assistant Manager. I thought Best Buy would be in the ultra-aggressive business format mode, with an interview panel in white cotton shirts with ties, but this was not the case. I was dressed in a nice suit and tie, and they had on blue jeans and old sweaters (with heavy visible tattoos showing). During the interview process I thought everything was too informal and very laid-back, and the questions were very, "What would you do in this situation?" Quite frankly, I think they were looking for ideas and suggestion that they could employ in their own stores! I think my ideas and suggestions probably seemed too aggressive and "over the top" for them. If you are applying for a management job with Best Buy my advice would be to "dumb-it-down" a bit.

Interview Questions