Best Buy

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Senior

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Apply online - take test
Phone interview - Sometimes this is not with your supervisor, but with someone working in operations who is in charge of hiring (esp. for holidays)
1st Interview - Interview with your Supervisor and/or Manager
Sometimes there is a 2nd interview...? I think
GM interview - Basically they decide if they want to hire you and ask you questions regarding employee theft

Interview Question – Describe a time where you have gone above and beyond a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They present you with your job title and pay.... you sign yes or decline.

Operation Senior Interview

Operation Senior
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty basic.

Interview Question – Name a time where you gave good customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was easy

Springfield, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through Best Buy's internal job opening site, and submitted my resume and application in person to the Operations Manager. The interview was short (about a half hour long) and consisted of standard HR questions only. The questions mainly focused on teamwork, conflict resolution, and various senarios. It followed a situation -> action -> result format and wasn't anything too complicated. If you come prepared having looked at some standard HR questions you should do fine. They may like to see that you understand or have an interest in the companies metrics and preformance measuring tools because that will end up being a large part of the job. Also, they want to know that you have what it takes to coach employees and provide constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a team and someone was not doing their part. What did you do to help resolve this situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you displayed leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was already making near the cap for this position so there wasn't much room to negotiate for salary. I was given an extra $0.50 per hour and they lumped it with my performance review. Pay isn't great but for a high school / freshman in college it was pretty decent pay.

Destin, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2011.

Interview Details – the manager and supervisor holding the interview already had someone picked out and seem uninterested in the whole interview process. i have applied at different stores and you can tell if they already have someone to fill a spot or not based on the questions they asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table? what are your strengths and how would you bring them to play for this position.   Answer Question
  • describe a situation where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer/associate, what did you do/say?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very simple at Best Buy. As long as you pass the online personality assessment you will almost always be called in for an interview. After you take the personality assessment, you will receive a phone interview, assistant manager interview, and finally an interview with the general manager of the store.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to be assertive.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Senior

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – The process is very repetitive.

Interview Question – If you saw a friend or someone you know stealing what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me $7.50 to start I laughed then they offered with $9.50

Operations Senior

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Applications are online. Once applications are received, they are put automatically into categories. Since the online application is considered your first interview, if questions are answered in a way in which the company does not approve, your application will not be reviewed. Once an applicant is selected, a phone screen is performed. This is to verify availability, where in the store you want to work and why you chose Best Buy. This is also an opportunity to ask basic questions. If your phone screen goes smoothly, you will then be scheduled for an interview with an assistant manager, which is more in depth. If they believe you are a good fit for the store, then they will set up an interview for you with the GM, who has the last word on whether or not you are hired. If you are, you will then be required to take a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to work in a group. What made it difficult? What did you do do overcome any obstacles?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!