Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Best Buy Project Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2010.

I received a phone call from an HR screener within a week of applying. An HR customer service person called within 2 days of the screening to set-up a panel interview. I was called the same say for an individual/casual interview with the director I reported up through the organization chart. I had worked with the person who had my job and she gave a strong recommendation. I contracted for the company in a similar role in the past.

Interview Questions
  • What improvements do you foresee with our current website?   View Answer
  • What are the main components of an ideal website?   Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate. I think my offer should've been $5K higher, but I took the offer because I'd experienced the work/life balance first-hand. That to me is priceless.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2009.

Three day interview, first phone call, second panel, third direct manager. Retail based questions, some on client background knowledge and knowledge withing field and products associated with that field. Questions regarding core values, company mission, and the way those can be integrated into daily responsibilities and delivering on expected metrics.

Interview Questions
    • What type of change will you bring to the market and how?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, and did upwards for an additional 10%. Start high, the potential for a raise is annual as merit based raises have been removed from the business model.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2009.

The interview room is very nice, they are very friendly, the questions asked are fair. A lot of times the interviews are very informal while at other times they are very formal. I don't think some of the managers are very welled trained in the interview process. The questions are all that difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2008.

Very professional. Organized, efficent, punctional. Don't be late. Courteous. Thorough.
    They were well prepared. IUt was a 2:1 interview, about 30 minutes long. Met by someone in the reception area, lead to meeting. After meeting, I received a tour of the facility. The interview itself was about 45 minutes. They had a variety of questions of course. All communications were timely.