Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy
- Sales Associate (410)
- Cashier (140)
- Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (88)
- Mobile Sales Consultant (78)
- Customer Service Specialist (68)
- Sales Consultant (66)
- Best Buy Sales Associate (55)
- Customer Service Representative (50)
- Computer Specialist (43)
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate (41)
- Merchandising Specialist (28)
- Computer Sales Associate (28)
- Computer Sales Specialist (27)
- Assistant Manager (25)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (25)
- Home Theater Sales Associate (25)
- Sales Supervisor (24)
- Sales (21)
- Asset Protection Associate (21)
- Customer Service Associate (20)
- Inventory Associate (18)
- General Manager (18)
- Retail Sales Consultant (18)
- Inventory Specialist (17)
- Sales Support Associate (15)
- Sales Manager (15)
- Wireless Sales Consultant (14)
- Sales Representative (13)
- Assistant Store Manager (13)
- Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) (12)
Project Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in December 2010.
I received a phone call from an HR screener within a week of applying. An HR customer service person called within 2 days of the screening to set-up a panel interview. I was called the same say for an individual/casual interview with the director I reported up through the organization chart. I had worked with the person who had my job and she gave a strong recommendation. I contracted for the company in a similar role in the past.
I was not able to negotiate. I think my offer should've been $5K higher, but I took the offer because I'd experienced the work/life balance first-hand. That to me is priceless.
Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Best Buy (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2009.
Three day interview, first phone call, second panel, third direct manager. Retail based questions, some on client background knowledge and knowledge withing field and products associated with that field. Questions regarding core values, company mission, and the way those can be integrated into daily responsibilities and delivering on expected metrics.
- What type of change will you bring to the market and how? Answer Question
I was able to negotiate, and did upwards for an additional 10%. Start high, the potential for a raise is annual as merit based raises have been removed from the business model.
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in March 2009.
The interview room is very nice, they are very friendly, the questions asked are fair. A lot of times the interviews are very informal while at other times they are very formal. I don't think some of the managers are very welled trained in the interview process. The questions are all that difficult.
Project Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in July 2008.
Very professional. Organized, efficent, punctional. Don't be late. Courteous. Thorough. They were well prepared. IUt was a 2:1 interview, about 30 minutes long. Met by someone in the reception area, lead to meeting. After meeting, I received a tour of the facility. The interview itself was about 45 minutes. They had a variety of questions of course. All communications were timely.