Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

First Interview was with future supervisor and the second was with the GM with roughly the same questions. Really easy interview but my biggest complaint was that the haring process took very long. sometimes i wouldn't hear back from them in almost a week.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about stealing and what would you do if you caught someone stealing. Another employee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I had one interview with one of the managers and since the interview went really well I got an immediate second interview 2 hours after with the GM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

standard responsibility & dependability questions that are common sense. Most of it is outlined in the test you take before you receive a call back.

Interview Questions
    • nothing for entry level was hard, leadership interviews have your standard "what was your most difficult problem you overcame?"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Start with an initial interview with a department manager who asks typical STAR questions. Will usually go to a second or third interview ending with the General Manager of the store who asks the similar questions as the previous managers.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

The interview was not hard it was very essential. The usual questions why best buy? previous work experience? etc

Very simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Basic questions

Told them what I wanted they countered and I said great lets do it

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2013.

Apply online and if they review it you will typically get a phone call with an over the phone interview. Be on your toes, because they wont tell you until you pick up the phone. You will have an initial interview with two department managers, if that goes well they will set up an interview with the general manager. At the end of that interview they will either offer you a job if they are understaffed or call you back if they have a few good candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your job that you had to overcome a difficult situation or deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    Don't let them stiff your pay. I was hired at a much lower pay grade than other workers but didn't know until i started working. Asking other associates about pay is grounds to get fired, so you get stuck after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Standard 3-step interview process, first step is to see if you meet basic expectations, second round is to thin the herd.

Interview Questions
    • How long would you like to stay with the company.   View Answer
    Best Buy matched my pay request of 10.50 / hour. I was working in their store at the time as a Directv representative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Apply online - complete in advance of any job fair and save yourself 2 hours the day of the job fair; At job fair, one leadership interview [supervisor or manager], followed by second leadership interview [manager
    or panel of a supervisor with manager or two managers] followed by set GM interview a day or so later - mine was set for a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Relate a difficult sales situation and how you handled it.
      What has been your most successful sale?
        View Answer
    With experience and advanced degrees, I was able to negotiate somewhat; if no sales experience or no advanced education, minimum wage or a little more is likely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

Application with personality test, then phone interview with essentially the general managers right hand to make sure you fit the general qualifications as far as availability and desire to work for the company and to set up next interview, then in store interview with an assistant manager to make sure you're cut out for best buy and see which department you'd actually work best in should they have multiple positions open, then in store interview and role-play sales interaction with general manger. All fairly laid back. DO NOT WEAR JEANS! Look professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone you did not like or get along with.   View Answer
    Not a lot needed to be negotiated, they pay fairly, and nothing is out of the realm of expectations.