Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

After I applied I got a call back after a week for my first interview with the manager of the department I applied with. He asked me the general interview questions, "tell me a time when..." It went well and he told me I would hear from the GM in about five days to set up a second interview. Over five days had past and I assumed I didn't get the job then I got a call back for a second interview with the GM. He had nice vibes and really just wanted me to get to know him and him to know me. He also told me I wouldn't know if I got the job after our interview but at the end he went ahead and hired me. Now I'm just waiting for my drug test and then I'll begin training.

Interview Questions

• why best buy?   1 Answer
  • if you could work anywhere in the store where would you think you fit best?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question
  • On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? and why that number   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got more than I wanted in negotiating pay. Best buy believes you work for what you're worth so they pay pretty decent to start out

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Easy, 2 interviews, one with manager other with store manager. Basic questions, if you know about tech already it is a big bonus. Dress business causal, button up and slacks are fine. Absolutely do not wear sneakers.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Selma, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the HR woman in charge of hiring about 2 weeks after I initially applied. We set up an interview for two days later. My first interview was with the sales manager. He asked me about my experience, and after discussing it he changed my application from the position I applied for up to a floor sales position. The interview went well, and at the end he said he and the others would discuss and call me back to set up a second interview with the store manager if they were interested. About 3 days later I got another call to set up a final interview, which took placed about 3 days after that. I went through the final interview with the store manager and she said they would decide later that day. I waited another few days and finally got the offer email. After some correspondence back and forth with HR, we set up their required drug test, and the date for orientation. All in all the process took about a month from when I applied to when I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything to hard or unexpected. Mostly just basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what the starting wage was for the position, and what they would consider giving me with my experience. The told me the wage and asked what I thought was fair. I proposed 3 dollars an hour over the starting, and they agreed. So I would recommend bringing up experience when negotiating wages with them.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Stuart, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

First Interview was with future supervisor and the second was with the GM with roughly the same questions. Really easy interview but my biggest complaint was that the haring process took very long. sometimes i wouldn't hear back from them in almost a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about stealing and what would you do if you caught someone stealing. Another employee?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I had one interview with one of the managers and since the interview went really well I got an immediate second interview 2 hours after with the GM.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Destin, FL).

Interview

standard responsibility & dependability questions that are common sense. Most of it is outlined in the test you take before you receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• nothing for entry level was hard, leadership interviews have your standard "what was your most difficult problem you overcame?"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Start with an initial interview with a department manager who asks typical STAR questions. Will usually go to a second or third interview ending with the General Manager of the store who asks the similar questions as the previous managers.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview was not hard it was very essential. The usual questions why best buy? previous work experience? etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Lufkin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic questions

Negotiation

Told them what I wanted they countered and I said great lets do it

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2013.

Interview

Apply online and if they review it you will typically get a phone call with an over the phone interview. Be on your toes, because they wont tell you until you pick up the phone. You will have an initial interview with two department managers, if that goes well they will set up an interview with the general manager. At the end of that interview they will either offer you a job if they are understaffed or call you back if they have a few good candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your job that you had to overcome a difficult situation or deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't let them stiff your pay. I was hired at a much lower pay grade than other workers but didn't know until i started working. Asking other associates about pay is grounds to get fired, so you get stuck after the interview.