Best Buy

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Destin, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – standard responsibility & dependability questions that are common sense. Most of it is outlined in the test you take before you receive a call back.

Interview Question – nothing for entry level was hard, leadership interviews have your standard "what was your most difficult problem you overcame?"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Start with an initial interview with a department manager who asks typical STAR questions. Will usually go to a second or third interview ending with the General Manager of the store who asks the similar questions as the previous managers.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – The interview was not hard it was very essential. The usual questions why best buy? previous work experience? etc

Interview Question – How would you approach a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details – Standard 3-step interview process, first step is to see if you meet basic expectations, second round is to thin the herd.

Interview Question – How long would you like to stay with the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Best Buy matched my pay request of 10.50 / hour. I was working in their store at the time as a Directv representative.

McAllen, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got called about a week later. I had my first interview and second interview in the same day. I actually left to get my drug test done, and within the next day of having the results I went in for my final interview. They were mostly 1:1 interviews asking questions to see what type of personality I was and how well I would do on the sales floor. they were really interested in if I would be able to connect with the customers and close sales.

Interview Question – They handed me a pen and asked me, ok you got 3 minutes, sell me my own pen. GO! I was a bit caught of guard by this , but i saw they were just looking to see if I could think on my feet and if my delivery of my sales pitch was up to par. They also wanted to see my attitude if I would crumble under pressure or If i would at least try to succeed.   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

Interview Details – I hate computer personality assessments. I think they take away from the experience of truly getting to know a person and to see if they are right for the job. I don't think making sure you get a few keywords right is the best way to go about it.
I did appreciate that the job I was applying for was filled, they because of how I presented myself in the interview, they found a position on the sales floor for me to fill.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I needed the job so I took what they gave me.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the Operations Supervisor for an in-person interview and scheduled a date and time. I arrived at the interview prepared to answer customer service related questions. However, I was asked a variety of scenario questions and a theft related questions. After the interview, I was passed down to the Store Manager and was made a job offer.

Interview Question – Give and Explanation of how you handled a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hourly pay was ridiculous.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.