Best Buy Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

easy and quick to get hired very friendly and nice during the entire process. explained how to advance if i wanted to, and that they are there to help. told me that i will receive ongoing training for whatever position i wanted to advance to

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

IMPORTANT: Call on a consistent basis after filling out you application. Because the majority of the time best buy will not call you first... The process consist of three interviews which took 3 days (1 phone 2 face to face). The phone interviewer asked me what days I'm available? And how did you hear about the position? The second interview is face to face and consist of 8 total questions. One of them was, "how did you go out your way to help someone?" The third interview is the shortest having a total of 3 questions. One of them is, "why should we hire you?" Always remember to just be yourself, they looking for someone with an out going personality and willing to work with team mates.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

After I applied I got a call back after a week for my first interview with the manager of the department I applied with. He asked me the general interview questions, "tell me a time when..." It went well and he told me I would hear from the GM in about five days to set up a second interview. Over five days had past and I assumed I didn't get the job then I got a call back for a second interview with the GM. He had nice vibes and really just wanted me to get to know him and him to know me. He also told me I wouldn't know if I got the job after our interview but at the end he went ahead and hired me. Now I'm just waiting for my drug test and then I'll begin training.

Interview Questions

• why best buy?   1 Answer
    • if you could work anywhere in the store where would you think you fit best?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? and why that number   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got more than I wanted in negotiating pay. Best buy believes you work for what you're worth so they pay pretty decent to start out

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Easy, 2 interviews, one with manager other with store manager. Basic questions, if you know about tech already it is a big bonus. Dress business causal, button up and slacks are fine. Absolutely do not wear sneakers.

Anonymous Employee in Selma, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Selma, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the HR woman in charge of hiring about 2 weeks after I initially applied. We set up an interview for two days later. My first interview was with the sales manager. He asked me about my experience, and after discussing it he changed my application from the position I applied for up to a floor sales position. The interview went well, and at the end he said he and the others would discuss and call me back to set up a second interview with the store manager if they were interested. About 3 days later I got another call to set up a final interview, which took placed about 3 days after that. I went through the final interview with the store manager and she said they would decide later that day. I waited another few days and finally got the offer email. After some correspondence back and forth with HR, we set up their required drug test, and the date for orientation. All in all the process took about a month from when I applied to when I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything to hard or unexpected. Mostly just basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what the starting wage was for the position, and what they would consider giving me with my experience. The told me the wage and asked what I thought was fair. I proposed 3 dollars an hour over the starting, and they agreed. So I would recommend bringing up experience when negotiating wages with them.

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Stuart, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

First Interview was with future supervisor and the second was with the GM with roughly the same questions. Really easy interview but my biggest complaint was that the haring process took very long. sometimes i wouldn't hear back from them in almost a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about stealing and what would you do if you caught someone stealing. Another employee?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I had one interview with one of the managers and since the interview went really well I got an immediate second interview 2 hours after with the GM.

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Destin, FL).

Interview

standard responsibility & dependability questions that are common sense. Most of it is outlined in the test you take before you receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• nothing for entry level was hard, leadership interviews have your standard "what was your most difficult problem you overcame?"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Start with an initial interview with a department manager who asks typical STAR questions. Will usually go to a second or third interview ending with the General Manager of the store who asks the similar questions as the previous managers.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview was not hard it was very essential. The usual questions why best buy? previous work experience? etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple