Best Buy Interview Questions in Richfield, MN

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.9

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

My interview process was as follows. Apply online. Scheduled a phone screen with the HR recruiter. Then a series of in person interviews; one with the hiring manager; several with key leaders I would be working with.

ECC Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long. One phone with the recruiter that lasted about 20 minutes. It was very general. I then had two in person group interviews. All the questions were behavioral ones. Be prepared with lots of examples. The entire process took over 3 weeks due to the group interview format. The recruiter was very nice and kept me updated on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to influence without authority to get something done?   Answer Question

Employee Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I reached out to the recruiter for this position and she spoke with me about the position over the phone for about 20 minutes. At the end of the conversation she said she will reach out if they are interested. I never heard anything for a month and then she emailed me asking if i was still interested in the position. I said yes even though i was accepting another offer with a different company. I finally got a face to face interview at corp and met with 2 interviewees. They weren't that kind and didn't seem interested in interviewing candidates (even though they are trying to fill 30+ spots). The interview went fine and i assume they thought so too since I had 6+ years of best buy retail experience along with an HR degree. I guess not? I know someone who was offered the job with way less experience, and no degree in business at all....

Interview Questions

• How did I overcome any type of customer related issue?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, I submitted my resume because I was very interested in the position. I was then called in for an interview about three days later. I met with two PMs and they asked me a series of questions. Very laid back, not awkward or forced. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to deal with a change in direction in a project.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Too many interviews to actually get the job...I went through 4 and it took 5 months before they actually decided to hire me. Early on, one of the people who interviewed me was a new hire who had only been there 2 days. Seriously? You put a newbie out there to interview folks expecting that this person is going to know if the candidate is a good fit for your company, culture and specific job?

Interview Questions

• I had all sorts of unexpected questions. Early on they were asking me questions about a position that I hadn't even applied for. I had to ask them why they brought me in if I didn't apply for this job and didn't have anything on my resume, no key words, no experience even related to it. I'll leave it at that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lengthy...

Demand Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a few members of the team, all behavioral based. Followed by second round interviews at Best Buy HQ. 3 30 min interviews with two people. critical thinking assessment, Tour, dinner and hotel stay provided

Interview Questions

• Why is a man hole cover round?   1 Answer

Other job offer

Senior Analyst, Talent Management Interview

Application

Interview

A total of 6 interviews. Very lengthy process with very little communication. The organization is still a dinosaur with many downfalls including an apparent lack of communication between extremely related sectors of the organization. Was given wrong information numerous times and was in contact with many different people who did not communicate with each other throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• "What is multicolinearity" was simply unexpected.   1 Answer

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. Highly competitive. I was selected out of dozens of candidates. Minnesota nice. They appear to be very busy and working very hard at making Best Buy successful. I had the impression that this company has a bright future. But you will be working very hard. Luckily, that's my type of job. I prefer to be very busy. Sounds like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were reasonable and well thought out. Very well done.   Answer Question

The offer came from the outside Consulting Firm (Latitude 36) that Best Buy hired. Once hired, the Consulting firm offered me the job first at $5 less per hour than what we agreed to and then $10 less per hour. Consulting rates are set prior to an interview. Period. It is not fair, or acceptable in the Consulting Community, to drastically reduce an agreed upon rate upon hire and then get angry when the Consultant can't afford to take the reduced rate. And I had it in writing guaranteeing me the rate I needed prior to the interview, or I would not have interviewed. I had no choice but to say "No" even though I really wanted the job. Instead of doing what they could to save this opportunity, like making the $10 profit up somewhere else, I was blamed and pretty much called a liar. Did I mention that I have the agreed upon rate in writing? I would definitely accept this job if the Consulting Firm had honored their agreement with me. It's really a shame that I was forced to say "No" when I really wanted the job.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

They used an Agency to fill this position so the first step was a brief conversation with the vendor. Second was a phone interview with the Best Buy Hiring Manager. Third was an in-person interview at Corporate. The process was slow and unorganized, then completely fell apart at the end. If you've heard all the negative rumors about Best Buy's Recruiting/HR Team's Interview process and work environment I am confirming their validity.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer bailed on the interview. When the interviewer was 30 minutes late for the interview, they decided to invent an excuse rather than do the professional thing and simply call me to cancel or outright reject me as a candidate.   1 Answer

Territory Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Communication was clear, recruitment team were on point. Pre-Screen is consistent with all candidates & timing of interviews is fair. The process has improved over the last couple of years now that a good recruitment team is in place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation in this role. In the past, employers are willing to listen to expectations & have a range of pay to work within