Best Buy Interview Questions in Riverside, CA

2.1

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the job fair and was offered a second interview. Needed to apply online first. Asked simple questions. Many what if questions along with situational questions. Only offered a occasional seasonal position with an oppritunity to move part time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee stole a candy bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intially asked for 10 but given 10.50

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Mira Loma, CA).

Interview

My personal interview was for a job at the store that wasn't open yet, so it took place at a safe, nearby hotel. Directions were clear, not shady. I had one interview with a supervisor and another gentleman, and second interview with a General Manager. After being informed that I got the job, all hired employees were required to fill out tax information at the hotel until construction on the building was complete.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't hard, they just required me to be honest, friendly and familiar with video games.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't one, it's retail so in starting out they set you at the lowest pay rate (which is still above minimum wage).

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. This was an all day event. There were three interviews. The first interview was a group interview with about 10 of us around a table one by one answering the same basic questions. The second interview was a one on one interview with one of the department managers. It was very relaxed but straight to the point. The last interview was with the general manager. At this point, it was pretty clear that I had the job. Most of the questions were based around either working as a team, offering credit card services or customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and how did the customer respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given a dollar amount until after I had already accepted. It was during the processing.

Best Buy Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (San Bernardino, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got called a few weeks later for an interview. You usually go through 3 interviews but i only did 2. The first one was general questions, 2nd one had to do with employee theft. I got offered job within 2 hours over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would sell a cell phone to someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Usually they discuss pay but i got mine through email. Where i was offered $10 an hour. I was fine with that since its a lot more than minimum wage .

Transaction Assistant -Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Chino, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

i was called by a recruiter to come in for an interview the same week. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview but the Team Leader was running late with her interviews. She asked the questions and when it was over she let me know right away that i would go on to the next interview and gave me some pointers on how i should prepare for it.

Then came the next interview with the General Manager. I passed and i got a call within the next week.

Interview Questions

• they were are behavioral and situational questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO negotiating, I have no idea what the wage i get paid is yet -____-

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

interviewed at Best Buy (Riverside, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. They have a booklet that has a few questions that is pertaining to the job. They read through the booklet and ask you the questions and you have to answer them to the best of your ability (for example - What would you do if you witnessed an employee stealing protect from the store?) Just make sure to answer the questions truthfully and to make sure to speak about prior experience and you should be sure to get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wage was negotiable, so make sure not to just accept the first low ball offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Temecula, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Went into the Best Buy store and patiently waited as other interviewers were called in. Finally, I was greeted by the general manager who was very very kind! He asked basic questions like, "Why Best Buy?" and "If you were in charge of the Best Buy store and you caught one of your employees taking a piece of gum vs. taking a $600 camera, how would you handle the situation?" He also asked questions of my availability and explained that it's a seasonal position that could lead to a regular time job if I prove to be great which he thought I would. Also, other questions asked were, "What is 'great' customer service opposed to 'good' customer service?" and "What do you find to be a good quality in a manager?"

Overall, he was very professional and courteous and knew how to laugh. An important reminder is to be yourself and not overwork your mind with interview questions, relax, know how to have a laugh and SMILE! Right from the beginning, smile!

He wanted to hire me on the spot based on my personality he thought I'd "shine" and be a good asset to the Best Buy team. I was then asked to do a drug test and would be called in for orientation the next week. I was called a few days later asking to come wearing a white polo and khaki pants for orientation from 10-5 and another one the next day for 2 hours discussing black friday.

And about salary, I put down $8.25 because I didn't know their range when I applied online, he told me they'd be more than willing to pay that rate if not exceed it.

Interview Questions

• If you were the owner of this store, how would you handle an employee who stole a pack of gum compared to a $600 camera?   1 Answer
    • What quality do you look for in a manager?   1 Answer
    • Why Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between 'good' customer service and 'great' customer service?   1 Answer

Initially, I had accepted the offer, but unfortunately do to personal events I was led to decline the offer and not show up to orientation. It would have been great pay $9 an hour and a great atmosphere to work in and I regret it not being able to work out.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Chino, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was actually really quick for me. I applied online but didn't keep track of when i did. I never got a phone interview. Eventually, I got a call asking me when I'd be able to come in for an interview, which ended up being at 1 PM on Halloween! I was the first interview that day but I still wanted to make a huge impression. I dressed formally and even brought a resume. The manager was really nice and I felt very comfortable, even though it came off as calm and relaxed. He asked me a lot of questions from a packet but they were generally easy, even though I didn't have any work experience. If you are applying for a sales position and they ask you how you'd sell them something make sure you introduce yourself. I didn't and he just told me that it was okay since each department has training on how to sell to people. During the interview, two other managers came in and said, "Surprise! This is your surprise panel interview!" They were joking of course but it was nice to know that everyone was so laid back at that store. After all the questioning he asked if I had any questions. My only question was, "If you were going to call me back for a second interview, when would you contact me?" He told me he'd notify me that day and said he wanted me to come back at 4 PM for a second interview. When I got back there later, he just offered me the job then and there. I was really excited! They only hired me for a seasonal position but they said it was possible that I could be hired permanently in mid-January. The position was $9.50/hr which was fantastic for my 1st job!

Interview Questions

• The questions that threw me a curve most of the time was when I had finish telling him how I did something and he's ask me, "and what was the result?" even though I had already told him. I felt like I was repeating myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Beaumont, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Uninspiring and poorly scripted interview process with HR rep, GM of store and an Operations Assistant Manager. I thought Best Buy would be in the ultra-aggressive business format mode, with an interview panel in white cotton shirts with ties, but this was not the case. I was dressed in a nice suit and tie, and they had on blue jeans and old sweaters (with heavy visible tattoos showing). During the interview process I thought everything was too informal and very laid-back, and the questions were very, "What would you do in this situation?" Quite frankly, I think they were looking for ideas and suggestion that they could employ in their own stores! I think my ideas and suggestions probably seemed too aggressive and "over the top" for them. If you are applying for a management job with Best Buy my advice would be to "dumb-it-down" a bit.

Geek Squad, Autotech Lead MECP Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process may typically consist of three interviews. After all interviews, expect to have spoken with the Autotech Lead or another Autotech, the sales supervisor for the mobile/portable electronics department, a store level manager, and the general store manager. Expect to answer job related questions involving technical knowledge or customer service as well as typical HR questions, depending on the current interviewer. Expect to show job experience or existing mobile electronics certification to merit higher starting pay.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions will likely be the general HR questions such as "what do you do if you see a coworker take a drink from store stock and not pay for it?" Many technicians show up to interview expecting the position to be exempt from the typical retail store interview questions. Autotechs can be some of the highest paid store level employees given the right talent; but an Autotech is still a Geek Squad employee and it should be expected to be versed in the usual retail store disciplines to achieve the greatest heights.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only expect negotiating leverage if you're able to back up your skills and talent with signs that you can be a successful retail employee, regardless of what position you're applying for.