Best Buy

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was rather informal. Upon walking in, I was ignored by the Asset Protection Specialist (the guy in the yellow shirt) and has to get his attention. After waiting a couple minutes, a manager was summoned to the front and took me to a tiny room off to the side. Later I learned this was the Asset Protection Office where the cameras and security devices were located. Sitting across from my interviewer, I was asked very general questions regarding my previous work experience, why I was applying for the position, why they should choose me over somebody else, and so forth. I was interviewed by three consecutive managers. I believe the interview was supposed to be split up so I met with each one of these men in three separate days, but this wasn't the case for some reason. I was then required to take a urinalysis test within 72 hours at some local facility.

Interview Question – How would you react to witnessing a coworker stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The general manager seemed to like me. After the three interviews, he shook my hand and offered me more than what I asked for.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.