Best Buy

Average Difficulty
344 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straight forward. No trick questions, just asking why I wanted to work at Best Buy. I was open and honest about having a passion for video games which seemed to interest them greatly.

Interview Question – What would I do if I caught an customer stealing merchandise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, the pay wasn't negotiable though they told me after the season was over I would receive a raise. They told me not to worry, if I do a good job I would be kept.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview, simple selling questions. Be yourself, if they dont like you for that its not worth your time. Be creative with your answers if you really want the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Low-key interview process. It was all about teamwork and "STAR" based questions and answers. Very straight forward. They were checking to see the depth pif my knowledge in working on teams and my ability to make decisions that result in improved customer service relationships.

Interview Question – Please tell me where you failed and was faced with an yes/no issue that had be solved then and there.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and filled out a questionnaire. I got a call back about three weeks later and was scheduled for an in person interview. I was interview by both the store manager and assistant manager at the same time. Easy going, funny people with no interview questions out of the ordinary. Was offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Question – "describe a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asking for 9.32 and was offered 10.50

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – It took about a week after I applied for them to call me in for the interview. I interviewed with the general manager which consisted of about 10 basic questions and was offered the job right after. they gave me 2 hours after the interview to submit a urine test. 3 days later I was working.

Interview Question – No real outrageous questions everything was basic i.e. do you have any previous work experience, why do you want to work here, how can you contribute to the success of the company, what's your availability... etc.   Answer Question

Hiram, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Very Easy. Got called by Hiring Manager for phone interview. Than came in for interview with what was then the CBG manager. He was so impressed, I received interview with Store GM right after. Was supposed to come back for interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to go out of your way to help a customer in need.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given offer on spot. I had interview with another location the next day so I ask to allow me to do interview out of respect. Accepted the position from first store the next day.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – Communication goes from phone interview to two more interviews after that. Can be very simple as long as you are honest and feel that best buy is a very good place to work at.

Interview Question – What do you think best buy is compared to other places.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of salary

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was okay. Interview was quick. They said they liked me. I said I liked them back. Told me to sell them a pen. I quoted Wolf of Wall Street. Not sure if that's the best movie to reference.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 3 words.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and easy, I was hired and started my orientation within 2 weeks. I met with the supervisor, manager and GM. This was a 2 round interview process.

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Mankato, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process includes a VERY long testing session done online and 2 interviews. I was hired for seasonal work so it was somewhat rushed. Everyone I spoke with was positive and happy.

Interview Question – A few questions were situational sales questions and you really didn't need to know HOW to answer them, you just needed to know how NOT to answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't in much of a position to negotiate since I was only being hired for a couple months worth of work.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!