Best Buy

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The overall hiring process was very laid back and simple. I met with the general manager and was asked a few basic interview questions. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Afterward, I was asked to complete a drug screen, and I started working the following week.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and how would they contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Met with HR and was asked the basic people to people and retail questions. They were very interested in scheduling flexibility and potential conflicts. They didn't ask about my past job experiences in general, only a few things like dealing with difficult people. They did ask me if I had stolen from an employer (truthfully said no). We also spent quit a bit of time talking about my interest in technical devices. This was the primary reason I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with someone upset or not satisfied and how did you handle the issue?   Answer Question

I didn't pursue this position because I was concerned my schedule would not be consistent based on the questions asked.

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

The questions were direct and straightforward. You met with two different positions of management. Each had a different set of questions. At the end of the interview they said that they would contact you via email or by phone. Overall the process was easy and I don't think it would be difficult for anyone to get through this.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with this company?   Answer Question

I got a better offer from another company

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2015.

They had two postings on indeed.com, and I had applied to both. Within 5 days I received a call from a lady that worked there, and the ONLY questions she asked me were "whats your availability" and "how many years of experience do you have", that was all. Afterwards I was told to come in and interview with the Store manager a week after and to bring a copy of my resume, easy peezy right? So today I had the interview which was to be conducted at 3:00, but I had to wait for about a half hour or so since he was busy with other candidates, then he called me in. NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD! I felt like the guy was my best friend. The GM was in the store as well but he was busy selling some stuff, I guess he was based out of that store. SO, back to my interview, basically I sat down and he informed me that hes going to ask me 8 questions and jot some notes down, but even before we started he told me about himself and his strong interest and music to which i could compare. We literally talked about our favorite albums for fifteen minutes before starting. For some odd reason, I was really nervous when asked the questions, I found myself mixing up words and sentences, and sometimes stalling, it really bugged me as its never happened before. At the end i was informed that there were MANY applicants, they had been interviewing for two weeks straight for 4 positions. He then told me I would know by Saturday weather I got the job or not and that's what im waiting on. As far as the questions... pretty much whats on here, some you might run into, some you might not, the exact questions i was asked are down there.

Interview Questions
    • 1. "sell yourself in 30 seconds, what makes you stand out"
      2. "when did you go above and beyond for a customer"
      3. "what do you like, and dislike about working in a team"
      4. " tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you resolve it"
      5. " tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself, and you failed, how did you overcome and learn:
      6. " If you were dealing with someone who knew nothing about tvs, how would you help them, and in what steps"

View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Seasonal time, they called me only a few days after submitting my application. I got to my interview early and waited a long time before they got to me. I only went through one interview which was relatively simple, basic interview questions. They asked me if I could go to a drug screening that same day and I went. I got the job soon after. The hardest interviews were actually the ones they did for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What is something your proud of? Have your ever achieved or accomplished anything that you felt was worthy of praise?   View Answer
    I was able to ask for slightly above their normal minimum wage due to my previous job's higher pay and manager experience.

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Two interviews. Pretty easy if you understand electronics... Doesnt ask hard questions but they will ask about what you would do if you caught a friend stealing. Most of it is pretty self explanatory since its still a retail job.

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and received a phone call interview I was asked three question
    1. Am I still interested in the position I applied for
    2. What is my availability?
    3. How many hours am I available to work
    Then I was told to come in for a face to face interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

Make sure you mention how you are highly team oriented, friendly, organized, high energy and love the latest and greatest technology. They will more than likely hire you in the holiday season make sure you show up everyday ready to help crazy holiday people if you can make it through with your sanity you'll do well.

None

Sales Associate Interview

It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill.

Not negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The online personality test was the first step to getting an interview. After I took the test it took about 2 days for them to contact me with an in-store interview. The questions were basic and just making sure one could handle a high pressure environment. I was moved on to a third interview with the GM the same day. In this interview i was asked situational questions about how i would handle certain sales situations. Three days later i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you had to handle confrontation in teams previously?   Answer Question