Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy, simple, quick and fun, like no interview i had before. It was really fun as well, sometimes interviews are just a bore but I had a fun time. Would recommend.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Worst place ever glad I didn't get this stupid job full og idiots. The application process requires you to take a test that can easily be cheated on and has no purpose whatsoever. Just have to put Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree answers and thats it. Stupid Beaner that ended up interviewing me was a complete idiot was writing the whole time asking useless questions like a robot and told me to sell him a pen. That's it Really! Your going to give someone the job based on how good they sell a pen off of someone who knows everything about technology and has some sales experience No Wonder all the Sales people you meet at these stores are Dumb and know nothing about what they are selling. JUST DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND FIND THE BEST PRODUCT UNSELF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK IN PLACES LIKE BEST BUY AND OTHERS ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS, NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT THE GUY WHO IS INTERVIEWING PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE MANAGER THEY HAD ONE OF THE DUMB SALES ASSOCIATE INTERVIEW WTF!! FIND A HIGHER PAYING JOB ELSE WHERE PEOPLE BEST BUY SUCKS!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Joliet, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was my first job application and interview, so naturally, I was a bit nervous. I was also quite unprepared given the fact that the interview was only a day after I got the call. It did not go as smooth as I had hoped as most of the 6 questions were regarding past work experiences, which I don't have.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went the extra mile for someone. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your previous work where you had to help a coworker despite working on different tasks/projects. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2015.

Interview

Very similar to any other job, Just be yourself and be professional. They tend to look for outgoing people that do not have trouble speaking clearly and concisely. You have an initial and very quick phone interview. Which if all goes well leads to an interview with a supervisor and lastly the Manager if all goes well. If you are offered the job you will be asked to do the standard drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Most important question is, What do you think should happen to an employee that is caught stealing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interviewer made me wait OVER 30 mins!!! because he was “busy” and the whole time he was just sitting at his desk and running his mouth, so I was legit pissed, he was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what can you/we bring to the table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called the next day to set up an interview. The first interview is with a supervisor, usually the supervisor of the department you are going to be in. A few hours after the interview they called me to set up a second interview, this time with the store manager. Both interviews weren't difficult just be yourself and work experience obviously helps as with any job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of your way to help someone, what was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They made me sit for 25 minutes because the interviewer was busy. The interview is straightforward and is mostly about how well you know the product and how well you are able to work in a team

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to work with whom you were not able to get along with. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two different interviews on two different days. 1 on 1 questions and explanations. It went well, but I felt like judging and "assumptions" were used to decide whether I was qualified as opposed to my impressive resume, which in my opinion is not fair.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if if you saw another employee steal candy?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

First they called me to schedule an interview with the sales manager. That interview was pretty brief than was asked if I could back in the next day to meet with the store manager. Interview with the store manger was pretty relaxed, felt like I was having a normal conversation. Got the job offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working nights, weekends, and holidays?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about three weeks later. Phone questions consisted solely of if I was still interested in the position and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. An interview was then set up for an available time. My first interview was with the assistant manager and supervisor for the department I applied to. The two both asked me questions that were very straight forward interview questions. They asked to pull from previous experiences with co workers and customers. I recieved a call the next day to set up an interview with the general manager. That interview had an emphasis on questions about stealing and stealing situations , also why I thought I was fit for the position as well as why I'd be an asset to the store and company. The job was offered at that interview as well as the pay, and I was told to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question