Best Buy

339 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hiram, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Very Easy. Got called by Hiring Manager for phone interview. Than came in for interview with what was then the CBG manager. He was so impressed, I received interview with Store GM right after. Was supposed to come back for interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to go out of your way to help a customer in need.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given offer on spot. I had interview with another location the next day so I ask to allow me to do interview out of respect. Accepted the position from first store the next day.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – Communication goes from phone interview to two more interviews after that. Can be very simple as long as you are honest and feel that best buy is a very good place to work at.

Interview Question – What do you think best buy is compared to other places.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of salary

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was okay. Interview was quick. They said they liked me. I said I liked them back. Told me to sell them a pen. I quoted Wolf of Wall Street. Not sure if that's the best movie to reference.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 3 words.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and easy, I was hired and started my orientation within 2 weeks. I met with the supervisor, manager and GM. This was a 2 round interview process.

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Mankato, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process includes a VERY long testing session done online and 2 interviews. I was hired for seasonal work so it was somewhat rushed. Everyone I spoke with was positive and happy.

Interview Question – A few questions were situational sales questions and you really didn't need to know HOW to answer them, you just needed to know how NOT to answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't in much of a position to negotiate since I was only being hired for a couple months worth of work.

Strongsville, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details – They called me a few days after I applied, and a few days later I had an interview with a supervisor. A few days later, I had another with a GM, and I was sort of interviewed by a supervisor and manager who didn't seem to be aware I would be there. Had to wait 45 minutes or so for both interviews, but I understand that retail is busy. All of the people I spoke to were incredibly nice and I was offered a job at the end of the GM interview. I took my drug test that day... and then didn't hear from them for 3 weeks. Don't be concerned if they're slow getting back to you sometimes--retail is just very, very busy. If you're nice, they'll hire you.

Interview Question – They just asked me what I liked and some very simple "what-if" customer service questions. I didn't get the "sell this pen" test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation.

Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – After the fifth time I applied, I was call in for a interview that lasted forty minutes and was asked about ten questions. I was offered the job on the stop.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Union, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in person and online. There is also personality test in the second part of the online application. Don't believe anything they say. They will never call you back. PERIOD. You have to go there physically or call them constantly. I Called them every 2 days even after the first interview. all together I had 3 interviews in the span of 3 weeks, just for a minimum wage sales job. The interviews made me sweaty and the job in general sucked.

Interview Question – What do you do if you see an employee stealing?
What are your lifetime goals in life?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiations

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewer showed up over an hour late for our interview. He was extremely chatty with the girls in the front but "introduced" himself under his breath and walks off without even telling me to follow him. We stopped three times on the way to the office to joke around with employees. He clearly had no interest or motivation to get to know me. He was aggressive and rude. He told me my answers were basically BS even though I was being fully honest. When he asked me to "sell him a laptop", he pretended to be the most difficult customer imaginable. I asked where he planned to use it and what he planned to do with it and responded "work". One word answers. I could only think to myself, "what customer comes in wanting help to find a laptop and then doesn't want to answer questions or answers them irritably? There was a theft in the store while I was there and he got up in the middle of my sentence and rushed out for over an hour. He was back in the store within 30 minutes, but wouldn't even acknowledge my presence or look at me. By the time he came back he didn't even take me back to his office before bluntly walking up behind me and asking "why should I hire you?" He didn't even bother saying thank you for your time or sorry for being late. While all my interactions with other employees were positive, I can't imagine going through such a terrible interview again. I left feeling deflated and offended. I have no idea how anyone could impress him.

Interview Question – Sell me a laptop- then wouldn't answer my questions with anything but shrugs or one word answers.   View Answer

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy online interview, including personality evaluation. Three round on site interview conducted in one day - each round slightly different. First being a group introduction - and a sales scenario role play. Round of eliminations. Second round being more detailed team related questions - then sales role play, and then elimination. Third round is a one on one or two interview with the department manager and supervisor - questions will often be situation, behavior, outcome based and related to past experiences.

Interview Question – The role playing of the sales scenario. Basically you enact the true to life experience of starting up a conversation as a salesman, in a "natural" way - and lead into a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very limited negotiation opportunity.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 339 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.