Best Buy

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

362 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill.

Not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The online personality test was the first step to getting an interview. After I took the test it took about 2 days for them to contact me with an in-store interview. The questions were basic and just making sure one could handle a high pressure environment. I was moved on to a third interview with the GM the same day. In this interview i was asked situational questions about how i would handle certain sales situations. Three days later i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you had to handle confrontation in teams previously?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Was a typical and easy interview. Interview was a three step process. Done in store. Total time for all 3 interviews was about an hour and one half. Was not difficult and conducted by store management.

Interview Questions
    • Question that asked about a difficult scenario, what made it difficult, how did I overcome it and what were the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

very easy process, did not take much time, and was very straight forward. i applied for the sales associate position and there were many questions on what i knew of the products.

found other job opportunity

Sales Associate Interview

Interview went well just your basic everyday situational questions. Also was asked to sell the manager i was having the interview with, to sell him something like a pen. the reason they do this is to see what basic knowledge yo have within selling and customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

The Best Buy I was interviewed for seemed unorganized as far as the hiring process. Applied online , got a call back about a month later . The call for the interview was kind of unorthodox , meaning I've never been called in for an interview in such a laid back way before . Anyway the interview was set and when I got there the process happened pretty fast. I went in, was asked a few questions and found out I was a "conflict of interest". What I mean I already had a job, and where I work they consider a competitor . I was thinking I could work both jobs part-time but since haven't been called back for my next interview I guess I wasn't considered.So i messed up I think telling them I worked somewhere else , but I had no other experience to use . So just a heads up if you thinking of "moonlighting" it's probably not a good idea to tell them right away .Or maybe it is I'm not really sure what going to happen next I'm still waiting to see how it turns out.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker(s) ?" Right off the bat I though of this one particular lady on my job whose mission is to make my already hard job harder. It really stumped me because I didn't want to say that and I wanted to explain it in the best way possible, but what I said in response I hope was right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

I received a call for an interview just three days after applying online. The interview process was filled with questions about theft, past work experiences, previous managerial experience, previous sales experience, knowledge of current and trending technologies and devices, etc. It took about 30 minutes to complete. However, the online application took much longer to complete, greater than one hour.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your manager stealing from the company?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and interview with the Manager then final interview is with the GM. From the time the online recruiter called to the time that you are brought in for an interview was about a month. If you apply during the holidays, the time is shorter. You are temporary for holiday help and if they like you, they will find a way to keep you. Have answers ready for relationship building skills.

Interview Questions
    • Is it ever okay to take something without paying for it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The 1st Interview consisted of a packet that ask questions regarding circumstances. For example: "Tell me a time when you went the mile for a customer or person"? Or "Tell me a situation where the customer had a problem, what was the outcome and what did you do"? I would say to make sure to write down or think of times before the interview when these situations might happen. Also think of reasons why working at Best Buy interests you. They will ask, "Tell me about yourself"? Make sure you express that you work GREAT with teams and give examples. Also when telling about yourself make sure you point out achievements in your life and a little personal. Do not seem like a boring person, but don't outdue yourself either.

The 2nd interview will be with the General Manager or the store. This may seem scary but the two that I have worked with are very friendly. But it does not mean they aren't paying attention to you. This should be all about personality. They will ask you kind of the same questions as the 1st interview but with him/her.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Every seemed to be normal. Nothing out of the ordinary interview.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate position/title. If they feel you may not belong in that place they can move you. They don't negotiate salary nor starting out Part-time. They work mostly internally. Even mangers must work their way up from the bottom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Fill out the application online> Do the assessment test> Phone interview> one on one interview with the assistance manager>one on one Interview with GM> Accept or decline the offer> And finally do the background test and the drug test

Interview Questions
    • what are your accomplishments? Give me an example of one of your best customer service work you have done and what was the results?   Answer Question