Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.4

353 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and interview with the Manager then final interview is with the GM. From the time the online recruiter called to the time that you are brought in for an interview was about a month. If you apply during the holidays, the time is shorter. You are temporary for holiday help and if they like you, they will find a way to keep you. Have answers ready for relationship building skills.

Interview Questions
  • Is it ever okay to take something without paying for it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

The 1st Interview consisted of a packet that ask questions regarding circumstances. For example: "Tell me a time when you went the mile for a customer or person"? Or "Tell me a situation where the customer had a problem, what was the outcome and what did you do"? I would say to make sure to write down or think of times before the interview when these situations might happen. Also think of reasons why working at Best Buy interests you. They will ask, "Tell me about yourself"? Make sure you express that you work GREAT with teams and give examples. Also when telling about yourself make sure you point out achievements in your life and a little personal. Do not seem like a boring person, but don't outdue yourself either.

The 2nd interview will be with the General Manager or the store. This may seem scary but the two that I have worked with are very friendly. But it does not mean they aren't paying attention to you. This should be all about personality. They will ask you kind of the same questions as the 1st interview but with him/her.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Every seemed to be normal. Nothing out of the ordinary interview.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate position/title. If they feel you may not belong in that place they can move you. They don't negotiate salary nor starting out Part-time. They work mostly internally. Even mangers must work their way up from the bottom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Fill out the application online> Do the assessment test> Phone interview> one on one interview with the assistance manager>one on one Interview with GM> Accept or decline the offer> And finally do the background test and the drug test

Interview Questions
    • what are your accomplishments? Give me an example of one of your best customer service work you have done and what was the results?   Answer Question

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

After applying online, I got a phone call a week later from the manager saying they wanted an interview. It went very smoothly. I interviewed with a supervisor, manager, then the general manager. Process went smoothly. They told me everything I needed to know.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Most of the questions are normal interview questions.   Answer Question

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

I found the listing online. So I registered and applied. I attached my resume when I submitted it. They got back to me a week later so I can have in an in person interview. It was straight forward and no questions out of the ordinary. After a week or so they gave me a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got a callback about a day later. My interview was in the front office with a supervisor. The GM (although I had no idea that's who he was) sat in on the interview. I originally applied for a cashier position. Pretty standard questions such as what makes you want to work for best buy, what are you interests, what's your availability like, what makes you think you would be suited to this job?

I mentioned that I was interested in video games, and the GM interrupted to ask why I hadn't applied for a gaming sales position. My interview with the supervisor was essentially cut short; the GM had taken an interest in me and wanted to switch my application from cashier to sales. He then conducted a super short second interview, basically just explaining what the job would be like. He offered me the job on the spot assuming that I would pass the background check/drug test. I did.

Overall, very casual and quick interview. Both my supervisor and GM are extraordinarily nice people.

Interview Questions
    • They were very standard questions. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question
    They offered me 10/hr which was way more than I was expecting considering I'd been making 8 at the time. I did not negotiate.

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Low-key interview process. It was all about teamwork and "STAR" based questions and answers. Very straight forward. They were checking to see the depth pif my knowledge in working on teams and my ability to make decisions that result in improved customer service relationships.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me where you failed and was faced with an yes/no issue that had be solved then and there.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

It took about a week after I applied for them to call me in for the interview. I interviewed with the general manager which consisted of about 10 basic questions and was offered the job right after. they gave me 2 hours after the interview to submit a urine test. 3 days later I was working.

Interview Questions
    • No real outrageous questions everything was basic i.e. do you have any previous work experience, why do you want to work here, how can you contribute to the success of the company, what's your availability... etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hiram, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Very Easy. Got called by Hiring Manager for phone interview. Than came in for interview with what was then the CBG manager. He was so impressed, I received interview with Store GM right after. Was supposed to come back for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go out of your way to help a customer in need.   Answer Question
    Was given offer on spot. I had interview with another location the next day so I ask to allow me to do interview out of respect. Accepted the position from first store the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied online and filled out a questionnaire. I got a call back about three weeks later and was scheduled for an in person interview. I was interview by both the store manager and assistant manager at the same time. Easy going, funny people with no interview questions out of the ordinary. Was offered the job right on the spot.

I was asking for 9.32 and was offered 10.50

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!