Best Buy

Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.4

367 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Seasonal time, they called me only a few days after submitting my application. I got to my interview early and waited a long time before they got to me. I only went through one interview which was relatively simple, basic interview questions. They asked me if I could go to a drug screening that same day and I went. I got the job soon after. The hardest interviews were actually the ones they did for advancement.

Interview Questions
  • What is something your proud of? Have your ever achieved or accomplished anything that you felt was worthy of praise?   View Answer
I was able to ask for slightly above their normal minimum wage due to my previous job's higher pay and manager experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and received a phone call interview I was asked three question
    1. Am I still interested in the position I applied for
    2. What is my availability?
    3. How many hours am I available to work
    Then I was told to come in for a face to face interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Two interviews. Pretty easy if you understand electronics... Doesnt ask hard questions but they will ask about what you would do if you caught a friend stealing. Most of it is pretty self explanatory since its still a retail job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

Make sure you mention how you are highly team oriented, friendly, organized, high energy and love the latest and greatest technology. They will more than likely hire you in the holiday season make sure you show up everyday ready to help crazy holiday people if you can make it through with your sanity you'll do well.

None

Sales Associate Interview

It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill.

Not negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The online personality test was the first step to getting an interview. After I took the test it took about 2 days for them to contact me with an in-store interview. The questions were basic and just making sure one could handle a high pressure environment. I was moved on to a third interview with the GM the same day. In this interview i was asked situational questions about how i would handle certain sales situations. Three days later i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you had to handle confrontation in teams previously?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Was a typical and easy interview. Interview was a three step process. Done in store. Total time for all 3 interviews was about an hour and one half. Was not difficult and conducted by store management.

Interview Questions
    • Question that asked about a difficult scenario, what made it difficult, how did I overcome it and what were the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

very easy process, did not take much time, and was very straight forward. i applied for the sales associate position and there were many questions on what i knew of the products.

found other job opportunity

Sales Associate Interview

Interview went well just your basic everyday situational questions. Also was asked to sell the manager i was having the interview with, to sell him something like a pen. the reason they do this is to see what basic knowledge yo have within selling and customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

The Best Buy I was interviewed for seemed unorganized as far as the hiring process. Applied online , got a call back about a month later . The call for the interview was kind of unorthodox , meaning I've never been called in for an interview in such a laid back way before . Anyway the interview was set and when I got there the process happened pretty fast. I went in, was asked a few questions and found out I was a "conflict of interest". What I mean I already had a job, and where I work they consider a competitor . I was thinking I could work both jobs part-time but since haven't been called back for my next interview I guess I wasn't considered.So i messed up I think telling them I worked somewhere else , but I had no other experience to use . So just a heads up if you thinking of "moonlighting" it's probably not a good idea to tell them right away .Or maybe it is I'm not really sure what going to happen next I'm still waiting to see how it turns out.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker(s) ?" Right off the bat I though of this one particular lady on my job whose mission is to make my already hard job harder. It really stumped me because I didn't want to say that and I wanted to explain it in the best way possible, but what I said in response I hope was right.   Answer Question