Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called the next day to set up an interview. The first interview is with a supervisor, usually the supervisor of the department you are going to be in. A few hours after the interview they called me to set up a second interview, this time with the store manager. Both interviews weren't difficult just be yourself and work experience obviously helps as with any job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of your way to help someone, what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interviewer made me wait OVER 30 mins!!! because he was “busy” and the whole time he was just sitting at his desk and running his mouth, so I was legit pissed, he was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what can you/we bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Allen, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They made me sit for 25 minutes because the interviewer was busy. The interview is straightforward and is mostly about how well you know the product and how well you are able to work in a team

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to work with whom you were not able to get along with. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about three weeks later. Phone questions consisted solely of if I was still interested in the position and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. An interview was then set up for an available time. My first interview was with the assistant manager and supervisor for the department I applied to. The two both asked me questions that were very straight forward interview questions. They asked to pull from previous experiences with co workers and customers. I recieved a call the next day to set up an interview with the general manager. That interview had an emphasis on questions about stealing and stealing situations , also why I thought I was fit for the position as well as why I'd be an asset to the store and company. The job was offered at that interview as well as the pay, and I was told to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Peoria, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted the next day. I was called in for an interview that Wednesday with the assistant manager. I arrived about 15 minutes early and he was busy. No big deal, so after about 10 minutes he introduced himself, and started walking me back to the backroom. The environment seemed really laid back on the way to the interview he congratulated one of the associates on a sale, and then he brought in one of the sales supervisors to the interview room. So it was me the assistant manager, sales associate, and me. I was very nervous not knowing what to expect, but the interview was very laid back and not too pressured. It was a quite an easy interview we would just talk about the latest technology, but every so often he'd spitball a real question at me like a time I dealt with an upset customer, but since I looked on this website before I already had all the answers to the questions besides one. The question was, "Tell us a time where you could not deliver" I was not able to answer the question, but it didn't bother them too much. After the interview I felt as if it went well and I got the job. They said that they're going to send the paper work to the GM and have him come in contact with me. The next day I had received a call for an interview with the GM and it was scheduled for the next week. I went in there he sat me down and asked me two normal interview questions (I can't really remember, but they were really simple) after that he said that was all the questions he had for me, and then asked if I had any questions. We talked about his previous job experience and overall it was just a good nice time. I got an email for my offer for $10 an hour for a computer sales associate. It was a pleasant expierence, and I hope it all works out good.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anyone who would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very simple and straightforward; It's very helpful to have prior experience in something related in the tech field to get a pay raise. The hiring process was also easy, they are almost always looking for people to bring something interesting to the mix, so it helps to be knowledgeable in something that can differentiate yourself.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in a leadership position within the next six months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Farmington, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

Had to wait near the geek squad counter for over three hours before a manager invited me in the office for the interview. I could tell it was a rough day for everyone because people were rushing around and the whole store just felt hectic. I hate interviews so that added stress was not helpful. I was given basic interview questions read from a typical form by a stressed and tired manager. I was mostly frustrated beyond the desire for employment. This was the very first time I wasn't looking forward to a call back and because of the chaos I just felt bad for the employees and wanted out of there. I had to laugh at the situation once in the car, wondering how desperate I really was for employment.

Interview Questions

• So... Tell me about yourself...   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was really good. They were nice and made you feel comfortable. Nothing bad to say about it. They weren't long interviews and you didn't have to wait long to be seen. Overral it was a good experience. Nothing bad to say about it and the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The overall hiring process was very laid back and simple. I met with the general manager and was asked a few basic interview questions. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Afterward, I was asked to complete a drug screen, and I started working the following week.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how would they contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Met with HR and was asked the basic people to people and retail questions. They were very interested in scheduling flexibility and potential conflicts. They didn't ask about my past job experiences in general, only a few things like dealing with difficult people. They did ask me if I had stolen from an employer (truthfully said no). We also spent quit a bit of time talking about my interest in technical devices. This was the primary reason I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with someone upset or not satisfied and how did you handle the issue?   Answer Question

I didn't pursue this position because I was concerned my schedule would not be consistent based on the questions asked.