Best Buy

350 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Fill out the application online> Do the assessment test> Phone interview> one on one interview with the assistance manager>one on one Interview with GM> Accept or decline the offer> And finally do the background test and the drug test

Interview Question – what are your accomplishments? Give me an example of one of your best customer service work you have done and what was the results?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – After applying online, I got a phone call a week later from the manager saying they wanted an interview. It went very smoothly. I interviewed with a supervisor, manager, then the general manager. Process went smoothly. They told me everything I needed to know.

Interview Question – None really. Most of the questions are normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews one with a manager then second with the GM. Fairly simple questions like how have you dealt with an uncooperative coworker? or why do you want to work here?

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I found the listing online. So I registered and applied. I attached my resume when I submitted it. They got back to me a week later so I can have in an in person interview. It was straight forward and no questions out of the ordinary. After a week or so they gave me a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a callback about a day later. My interview was in the front office with a supervisor. The GM (although I had no idea that's who he was) sat in on the interview. I originally applied for a cashier position. Pretty standard questions such as what makes you want to work for best buy, what are you interests, what's your availability like, what makes you think you would be suited to this job?

I mentioned that I was interested in video games, and the GM interrupted to ask why I hadn't applied for a gaming sales position. My interview with the supervisor was essentially cut short; the GM had taken an interest in me and wanted to switch my application from cashier to sales. He then conducted a super short second interview, basically just explaining what the job would be like. He offered me the job on the spot assuming that I would pass the background check/drug test. I did.

Overall, very casual and quick interview. Both my supervisor and GM are extraordinarily nice people.

Interview Question – They were very standard questions. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me 10/hr which was way more than I was expecting considering I'd been making 8 at the time. I did not negotiate.

North Attleboro, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, which was a pretty informal affair. That was followed by two in-store interviews, one with a section manager and the other with the store manager. Be warned, if you apply online, they will not print out a version of your resume. They will also ask you questions that have been answered many times before (both in the online application and in the other interviews). All in all it seemed relatively disorganized. They were also interviewing for a position that was only tentatively available (they said that they were looking to maybe hire someone, but were not sure that they would).

Interview Question – The manager's "question he always asked" was "Why should I hire you, what makes you special?".   Answer Question

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straight forward. No trick questions, just asking why I wanted to work at Best Buy. I was open and honest about having a passion for video games which seemed to interest them greatly.

Interview Question – What would I do if I caught an customer stealing merchandise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, the pay wasn't negotiable though they told me after the season was over I would receive a raise. They told me not to worry, if I do a good job I would be kept.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview, simple selling questions. Be yourself, if they dont like you for that its not worth your time. Be creative with your answers if you really want the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Low-key interview process. It was all about teamwork and "STAR" based questions and answers. Very straight forward. They were checking to see the depth pif my knowledge in working on teams and my ability to make decisions that result in improved customer service relationships.

Interview Question – Please tell me where you failed and was faced with an yes/no issue that had be solved then and there.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and filled out a questionnaire. I got a call back about three weeks later and was scheduled for an in person interview. I was interview by both the store manager and assistant manager at the same time. Easy going, funny people with no interview questions out of the ordinary. Was offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Question – "describe a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asking for 9.32 and was offered 10.50

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!