Best Buy

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online in February and received a call early may for the position by HR.

Interview Question – It was a very comfortable interview. Get to know you personally, Understanding you values. How would you sell? What would you do...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation pay rate it fixed with bonus if store reaches quota for the month.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Interview Details – There are three interviews that take place, one over the phone with 'Back Office Lead' which is the employee in charge of paperwork throughout the store, second with department manager, and third with General Manager. The second interview is where the impression is given the Department manager asks questions about team work, ethics, previous experience, etc. If the process reaches the third interview the interviewee has an 80% probability of getting hired, so the GM would discuss pay and a contract would be signed.

Interview Question – The interview process is simple, yet retains questions that are open ended. Team involvment, prior experience, are usually the most challenging. Therefore, interviewee should be confident and perhaps provide stories that will relate to their personal lives and/or setting as such.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had to submit a drug test, was asked about my criminal history, you will not be hired if you have theft on your background. I was really nervous when I was interviewed and when the store manager came out for the second part of the interview I was even more nervous.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you were treated poorly by another coworker or customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Someone calls to feel you out. Ask Questions about experience and availability. There are two interviews. The first is with the assistant manager over the department that you are applying and then with the general manager of the store.

Interview Question – Give an example where you had to work alongside of someone with whom you normally didn't get along with. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate but later learned that the cap for sales associates is $12.06

Interview Details – Three different people interviewed me

Interview Question – Behavior base interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – First step is do an online application where you do general information, then taking a multiple choice situation test. If you pass, then the person or store that has an opening will give you call and do a quick phone interview. Next, if you pass that, then an interview with the manager you'll be working under and after that a interview with the general manager of the store.

Interview Question – Tell us time when you had to deal with a difficult person on a team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call a few days later saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. This was with an assistant manager and he asked me a bunch of questions. Was more of a conversation than one question after another..I liked the guy a lot! He told me he'd love me on the sales team and to expect a call in a few days for my final interview. I guess normally there's a phone interview but my first was the "2nd" I guess. So I wen't in for my "3rd" interview with the GM. Pretty short..asked me two or three questions and then told me I got the job. He already had the paperwork filled out for that so I think I had it walking in. Negotiated pay a little because I was moving from a management position at my current job (store closing) to this new job. Then got an email job offer later that day with instructions for the drug test. Took that, waiting to go in for training now!

Interview Question – He was telling me about their sales records and showed me a trophy...then said "Hey, I just thought of something. Sell me this trophy!"....was really fun, got to showcase my selling ability. Great if you're good at selling, easy way to weed out people who aren't right for the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Interview with lead and supervisor of department. Then another interview with a different supervisor.

Interview Question – A time where you had do deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Quick and easy questions.

Interview Question – What was a time when you were challenged by a difficult person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.