Best Buy

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.5

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview---1st interview in the store will be with an assistant manager...

he will ask easy questions: why choose Best Buy?
and questions about your experiences...
3rd interview with the manager....same questions
upon the last interview they can take the decision.

Interview Questions
  • Sales Team questions...if your responsibility is to sell home theater, would you have the ability to sell any other items ?
    choose a situation where u have been working with an employee that you don't like him
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Was contacted for an interview and asked to be there 10-15 minutes before scheduled interview time. Arrived 15 minutes early and was told to wait by customer service as it would be just a couple of minutes. 2 1/2 hours later after being told over and over that it would just be a moment, I asked if they needed to reschedule or if they wanted me to continue waiting. They told me to return the next day for the interview. I returned the next day (once again 15 minutes early) and was told it would just be a couple of minutes and to wait by customer service. 1 1/2 hours later I was asked if they could reschedule and they would call me with a new interview time. I came back again a third time (15 minutes early) and was told it would be just a moment and to wait by customer service. After 25 minutes I was told that they wanted to reschedule and had tried to call me earlier. They didn't know when they wanted to reschedule the interview to so they told me to just come back at the same time the next day. I decided that if giving an interview was too difficult a task at this particular location that I would probably be safer not working there and did not return the fourth time.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was if they could reschedule my interview a fourth time.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call for an interview about two days later. I then went to my first interview and was asked some questions. The interview was about 15 minutes long. My second interview was even shorter, I was hired on the spot as well.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Just a simple interview. Its more about you as a person than your knowledge on products. Let them know what figuring out what the customer will be using the product for is important in the sales process.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I then scheduled an interview for the next weeks since I was going to be busy over the weekend. The HR girl had no problem with it and put me in for an interview with the sales manager on Tuesday. Day comes by and I arrive 10 min early asking for the sales manager. Turns out I was too early and I had to wait for him to finish up some work before meeting with him. He approached me 5 min after the planned meeting time and sat me down in a small room. He looked over my application and asked why I could not work Saturdays. I told him that I need that day off for personal reasons and school, which he said he respects, but that in order to even do a formal review I have to be able to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday minimum. I stared at him with the most confused face, because why call me in for an interview and then deny me said interview because my availability doesn't match yours when 1. Those days were not listed on the job listing. 2. I put my availability on the application already. and 3. I put my availability on my resume. I told him no, especially since I put my availability down previously on both my application and resume, and he walked me out. Did no one read my application/resume? They could have also easily called me to ask if I could work that day and if not to not come in for an interview anymore. Unprofessional and a waste of time. Glad I did not get an offer if the higher ups at this store are that incompetent.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Four interviews. First a telephone screening interview from the store's HR manager. Depending on how that interview went, you will be scheduled for a second interview with a sales floor manager. If that interview goes well, you will be contacted for a third interview with the manager of the department you are looking to join. The final interview is with the store's General Manager and if you made it to this interview you will be a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. All of the questions are typical retail behavioral questions, i.e.: "Name a time that you had to work with a difficult customer. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. I recommend requesting a high wage when filling out the online application, as the General Manager will only try to offer a lower wage than the one requested on the application. Most new hires start at $9.00 per hour.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Someone calls to feel you out. Ask Questions about experience and availability. There are two interviews. The first is with the assistant manager over the department that you are applying and then with the general manager of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you had to work alongside of someone with whom you normally didn't get along with. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate but later learned that the cap for sales associates is $12.06

Sales Consultant Interview

Three different people interviewed me

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview with lead and supervisor of department. Then another interview with a different supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you had do deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I had two interviews and was hired on the spot.