Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Moore, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on Saturday, then called on Tuesday to check the status. They said they would set up interviews on Sunday. The interview was fairly easy, but it helps if you've had experience in retail. I'm 16 and had no experience in retail, but the interview went fairly smooth and I was told that the hiring manager would call me with my next steps.

Interview Questions

• Name a project in which you missed a deadline, and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not worried about pay. I just wanted to be a part of best buy.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview a week after I applied. Interview consisted of 6 or 7 questions that were asking how you are as a person and a couple situational question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Menomonee Falls, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the GM of my current store and got along very well. Laid back and friendly, yet business oriented. I am very glad to be currently working at Best Buy at this point in time. I could easily see myself moving up the company ladder and eventually going corporate or some form of high level management.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why Best Buy? Where will you be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

it was simple, they ask you questions and keep the info they get from you so that their is info on why they picked you. they give you questions that keep you on your toes. they want to see if best buy is just a job or you might look to make it a career. they like to build within the company so they ask questions to see how your team work skills are. also they want know if your a leader or if you have to work on your own are you individually driven person.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First off, the online assessment is technically the first interview process. It just filters you out, so make sure you choose either 1 or 5 (the extremes) when provided. Afterwards, I was called back in about 3 business days. They then ask about your availability, generally you need to meet weekend and open/closing requirements. Then there were 2 in person interviews. First one with a couple managers, they just ask about experience working in teams, experience in the past dealing with customers, why bestbuy, etc... The second in person interview is with a GM. He will pretty much go over the same questions more or less. He did ask if you were given 1000 dollars what brand would you spend it on and why (test how well you can sell a brand), and then he asked what brand would you avoid. He also asked about theft - the answer is basically there is no grey area, theft is theft no matter who does it or what they put in their pocket. Don't play games with the customer, if you know he did it just tell him to leave the store. If it was an employee, then follow store protocol.

Interview Questions

• Q. what is what time when you had to go the extra mile for a customer? Q. explain a situation where you had difficulty with a teammate? Q. what would you do if you caught someone stealing? Q. what would you do with 1000 dollars that you had to spend?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call from them to set up an in person interview with an assistant manager. They asked the general interview questions for a retail environment. Then a day later got a call back to do a second interview with the store manager, the questions with the store manager were more specific to the department as well as the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help a customer in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Sat with associate manager and went through the interview questions. They basically try to screen you on your responses, how you react. Being nervous isn't bad. Just make sure to be ready to answer alot of questions on how you react to things and how much knowledge you know about the products.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had troubles with a coworker and how did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview and asked to be there 10-15 minutes before scheduled interview time. Arrived 15 minutes early and was told to wait by customer service as it would be just a couple of minutes. 2 1/2 hours later after being told over and over that it would just be a moment, I asked if they needed to reschedule or if they wanted me to continue waiting. They told me to return the next day for the interview. I returned the next day (once again 15 minutes early) and was told it would just be a couple of minutes and to wait by customer service. 1 1/2 hours later I was asked if they could reschedule and they would call me with a new interview time. I came back again a third time (15 minutes early) and was told it would be just a moment and to wait by customer service. After 25 minutes I was told that they wanted to reschedule and had tried to call me earlier. They didn't know when they wanted to reschedule the interview to so they told me to just come back at the same time the next day. I decided that if giving an interview was too difficult a task at this particular location that I would probably be safer not working there and did not return the fourth time.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was if they could reschedule my interview a fourth time.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview about two days later. I then went to my first interview and was asked some questions. The interview was about 15 minutes long. My second interview was even shorter, I was hired on the spot as well.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

phone interview---1st interview in the store will be with an assistant manager... he will ask easy questions: why choose Best Buy? and questions about your experiences... 3rd interview with the manager....same questions upon the last interview they can take the decision.

Interview Questions

• Sales Team questions...if your responsibility is to sell home theater, would you have the ability to sell any other items ? choose a situation where u have been working with an employee that you don't like him   Answer Question