Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Just a simple interview. Its more about you as a person than your knowledge on products. Let them know what figuring out what the customer will be using the product for is important in the sales process.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I then scheduled an interview for the next weeks since I was going to be busy over the weekend. The HR girl had no problem with it and put me in for an interview with the sales manager on Tuesday. Day comes by and I arrive 10 min early asking for the sales manager. Turns out I was too early and I had to wait for him to finish up some work before meeting with him. He approached me 5 min after the planned meeting time and sat me down in a small room. He looked over my application and asked why I could not work Saturdays. I told him that I need that day off for personal reasons and school, which he said he respects, but that in order to even do a formal review I have to be able to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday minimum. I stared at him with the most confused face, because why call me in for an interview and then deny me said interview because my availability doesn't match yours when 1. Those days were not listed on the job listing. 2. I put my availability on the application already. and 3. I put my availability on my resume. I told him no, especially since I put my availability down previously on both my application and resume, and he walked me out. Did no one read my application/resume? They could have also easily called me to ask if I could work that day and if not to not come in for an interview anymore. Unprofessional and a waste of time. Glad I did not get an offer if the higher ups at this store are that incompetent.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Four interviews. First a telephone screening interview from the store's HR manager. Depending on how that interview went, you will be scheduled for a second interview with a sales floor manager. If that interview goes well, you will be contacted for a third interview with the manager of the department you are looking to join. The final interview is with the store's General Manager and if you made it to this interview you will be a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. All of the questions are typical retail behavioral questions, i.e.: "Name a time that you had to work with a difficult customer. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. I recommend requesting a high wage when filling out the online application, as the General Manager will only try to offer a lower wage than the one requested on the application. Most new hires start at $9.00 per hour.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Someone calls to feel you out. Ask Questions about experience and availability. There are two interviews. The first is with the assistant manager over the department that you are applying and then with the general manager of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you had to work alongside of someone with whom you normally didn't get along with. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate but later learned that the cap for sales associates is $12.06

Sales Consultant Interview

Three different people interviewed me

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview with lead and supervisor of department. Then another interview with a different supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you had do deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

I had two interviews and was hired on the spot.

Sales Consultant Interview

Quick and easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you were challenged by a difficult person?   Answer Question
    None

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

Applied online, got a call a few days later saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. This was with an assistant manager and he asked me a bunch of questions. Was more of a conversation than one question after another..I liked the guy a lot! He told me he'd love me on the sales team and to expect a call in a few days for my final interview. I guess normally there's a phone interview but my first was the "2nd" I guess. So I wen't in for my "3rd" interview with the GM. Pretty short..asked me two or three questions and then told me I got the job. He already had the paperwork filled out for that so I think I had it walking in. Negotiated pay a little because I was moving from a management position at my current job (store closing) to this new job. Then got an email job offer later that day with instructions for the drug test. Took that, waiting to go in for training now!

Interview Questions
    • He was telling me about their sales records and showed me a trophy...then said "Hey, I just thought of something. Sell me this trophy!"....was really fun, got to showcase my selling ability. Great if you're good at selling, easy way to weed out people who aren't right for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and a friend asked management to pull my application. In a few days, I was contacted for an interview. My first interview was with a supervisor which went fairly well. Two days later I was contacted for another interview but this time with the manager of the computing and tablet department. The interview went well. I was contacted the same day with the job offer. I accepted.

none. pre-determined

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!