Best Buy Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.5

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview a week after I applied. Interview consisted of 6 or 7 questions that were asking how you are as a person and a couple situational question

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First off, the online assessment is technically the first interview process. It just filters you out, so make sure you choose either 1 or 5 (the extremes) when provided. Afterwards, I was called back in about 3 business days. They then ask about your availability, generally you need to meet weekend and open/closing requirements. Then there were 2 in person interviews. First one with a couple managers, they just ask about experience working in teams, experience in the past dealing with customers, why bestbuy, etc... The second in person interview is with a GM. He will pretty much go over the same questions more or less. He did ask if you were given 1000 dollars what brand would you spend it on and why (test how well you can sell a brand), and then he asked what brand would you avoid. He also asked about theft - the answer is basically there is no grey area, theft is theft no matter who does it or what they put in their pocket. Don't play games with the customer, if you know he did it just tell him to leave the store. If it was an employee, then follow store protocol.

Interview Questions

• Q. what is what time when you had to go the extra mile for a customer?
      Q. explain a situation where you had difficulty with a teammate?
      Q. what would you do if you caught someone stealing?
      Q. what would you do with 1000 dollars that you had to spend?

Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call from them to set up an in person interview with an assistant manager. They asked the general interview questions for a retail environment. Then a day later got a call back to do a second interview with the store manager, the questions with the store manager were more specific to the department as well as the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help a customer in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Sat with associate manager and went through the interview questions. They basically try to screen you on your responses, how you react. Being nervous isn't bad. Just make sure to be ready to answer alot of questions on how you react to things and how much knowledge you know about the products.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had troubles with a coworker and how did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview and asked to be there 10-15 minutes before scheduled interview time. Arrived 15 minutes early and was told to wait by customer service as it would be just a couple of minutes. 2 1/2 hours later after being told over and over that it would just be a moment, I asked if they needed to reschedule or if they wanted me to continue waiting. They told me to return the next day for the interview. I returned the next day (once again 15 minutes early) and was told it would just be a couple of minutes and to wait by customer service. 1 1/2 hours later I was asked if they could reschedule and they would call me with a new interview time. I came back again a third time (15 minutes early) and was told it would be just a moment and to wait by customer service. After 25 minutes I was told that they wanted to reschedule and had tried to call me earlier. They didn't know when they wanted to reschedule the interview to so they told me to just come back at the same time the next day. I decided that if giving an interview was too difficult a task at this particular location that I would probably be safer not working there and did not return the fourth time.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was if they could reschedule my interview a fourth time.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview about two days later. I then went to my first interview and was asked some questions. The interview was about 15 minutes long. My second interview was even shorter, I was hired on the spot as well.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

phone interview---1st interview in the store will be with an assistant manager...

he will ask easy questions: why choose Best Buy?
    and questions about your experiences...
    3rd interview with the manager....same questions
    upon the last interview they can take the decision.

Interview Questions

• Sales Team questions...if your responsibility is to sell home theater, would you have the ability to sell any other items ?
      choose a situation where u have been working with an employee that you don't like him

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Clinton Township, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

It was at a job fair, breif but very concentrated. They liked me on the spot, as i did them. I had two interviews in one day within minutes of each other, and was hired day of.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, there were more personality and temperament driven.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Just a simple interview. Its more about you as a person than your knowledge on products. Let them know what figuring out what the customer will be using the product for is important in the sales process.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I then scheduled an interview for the next weeks since I was going to be busy over the weekend. The HR girl had no problem with it and put me in for an interview with the sales manager on Tuesday. Day comes by and I arrive 10 min early asking for the sales manager. Turns out I was too early and I had to wait for him to finish up some work before meeting with him. He approached me 5 min after the planned meeting time and sat me down in a small room. He looked over my application and asked why I could not work Saturdays. I told him that I need that day off for personal reasons and school, which he said he respects, but that in order to even do a formal review I have to be able to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday minimum. I stared at him with the most confused face, because why call me in for an interview and then deny me said interview because my availability doesn't match yours when 1. Those days were not listed on the job listing. 2. I put my availability on the application already. and 3. I put my availability on my resume. I told him no, especially since I put my availability down previously on both my application and resume, and he walked me out. Did no one read my application/resume? They could have also easily called me to ask if I could work that day and if not to not come in for an interview anymore. Unprofessional and a waste of time. Glad I did not get an offer if the higher ups at this store are that incompetent.