Best Buy

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Sales Interview

Applied to position online I heard about through several friends that worked there. It took awhile to initially hear back but everything was very quick and succint after the first phone interview. Met with 2 managers for a f2f interview and was offered the job several days later.

Interview Questions
  • How I would prioritize my work schedule with my school work.   Answer Question

Offered more at another job.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

The interview was very dry and boring, he asks a series of questions and didn't even look at me. He just wrote on his piece of paper. I was trying to be funny and happy about it but he just took all the excitement out of the room and made it super awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

I have worked for 2 separate Best Buys and both seemed to basically be interested mostly in your personality rather than your sales abilities. Sales can be learned, personality is much harder to change. The interview was the department supervisor and was very conversational with your typical interview questions and a few situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were in a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay for the time I was re-hired. I had to prove that I deserved to be paid the hourly wage I was paid in the position I was promoted to during my first employment with Best Buy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

First I filled out the online application. That was really simple. Two days later they called me and asked me some basic questions like, "Why Best Buy?" and, "Why should we hire you?" After that, they set up an interview for a few days later. That was fairly simple. General interview behavioral questions. At the end of that, I set up another interview which I haven't done yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you set a goal and failed and how you reacted to that failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Bascially they set up 3 interviews with the recruiter, then the sales manager, then the GM. They ask you all the basic interview questions like you biggest weakness. Just be polite and dont dress llike a slob and that should more than take care of you. I also noticed that showing interest in customer service and sales are the biggest keys.

Interview Questions
    You are told what you will make