Best Buy

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Issaquah, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very dry and boring, he asks a series of questions and didn't even look at me. He just wrote on his piece of paper. I was trying to be funny and happy about it but he just took all the excitement out of the room and made it super awkward.

Interview Question – Name a time where you have worked in a team.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

Interview Details – I have worked for 2 separate Best Buys and both seemed to basically be interested mostly in your personality rather than your sales abilities. Sales can be learned, personality is much harder to change. The interview was the department supervisor and was very conversational with your typical interview questions and a few situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were in a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay for the time I was re-hired. I had to prove that I deserved to be paid the hourly wage I was paid in the position I was promoted to during my first employment with Best Buy.

Irving, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Interview Details – Bascially they set up 3 interviews with the recruiter, then the sales manager, then the GM. They ask you all the basic interview questions like you biggest weakness. Just be polite and dont dress llike a slob and that should more than take care of you. I also noticed that showing interest in customer service and sales are the biggest keys.

Interview Question – Your biggest weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are told what you will make

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – First I filled out the online application. That was really simple. Two days later they called me and asked me some basic questions like, "Why Best Buy?" and, "Why should we hire you?" After that, they set up an interview for a few days later. That was fairly simple. General interview behavioral questions. At the end of that, I set up another interview which I haven't done yet.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you set a goal and failed and how you reacted to that failure.   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!