Best Buy Sales Floor Interview Questions

2.5

Floor Sales Interview

Interview

Applied to position online I heard about through several friends that worked there. It took awhile to initially hear back but everything was very quick and succint after the first phone interview. Met with 2 managers for a f2f interview and was offered the job several days later.

Interview Questions

• How I would prioritize my work schedule with my school work.   Answer Question

Offered more at another job.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Issaquah, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was very dry and boring, he asks a series of questions and didn't even look at me. He just wrote on his piece of paper. I was trying to be funny and happy about it but he just took all the excitement out of the room and made it super awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I have worked for 2 separate Best Buys and both seemed to basically be interested mostly in your personality rather than your sales abilities. Sales can be learned, personality is much harder to change. The interview was the department supervisor and was very conversational with your typical interview questions and a few situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were in a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay for the time I was re-hired. I had to prove that I deserved to be paid the hourly wage I was paid in the position I was promoted to during my first employment with Best Buy.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Knoxville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

First I filled out the online application. That was really simple. Two days later they called me and asked me some basic questions like, "Why Best Buy?" and, "Why should we hire you?" After that, they set up an interview for a few days later. That was fairly simple. General interview behavioral questions. At the end of that, I set up another interview which I haven't done yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you set a goal and failed and how you reacted to that failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Irving, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Bascially they set up 3 interviews with the recruiter, then the sales manager, then the GM. They ask you all the basic interview questions like you biggest weakness. Just be polite and dont dress llike a slob and that should more than take care of you. I also noticed that showing interest in customer service and sales are the biggest keys.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are told what you will make