Best Buy

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

applied online got called one week later had 1:1 interview with departmant manager had 2nd interview 1 week later with GM and got an offer on the spot after a few questions.

Interview Questions
  • how would you deal about employee theft   View Answer
  • have you ever been involved in loss prevention investigation before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2012.

Applied online, interviewed on phone, wasn't a match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2012.

Three interviews and a drug test. Each interview was with someone higher up in the company than the previous interviewer. The final was with the store manager, which was the most difficult of the three. He asked the most difficult questions. He did, however, seem very interested in me. All interviews were done one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • If a manager let you take a drink from the store without paying, would you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

1st interview: Random phone call from Best Buy. Remember which one you applied to, so if they call, you can be prepared.

2nd: a one-on-one interview with 1 of 4 Store Managers. They are all extremely easy to get along with, so don't worry about that part. Asked about 5 -8 questions. and remember, WHEN asked "what would you do if you saw an employee steal" You would fire him, no questions asked. Stealing is stealing and I've learned how huge employee theft can hurt a business. If you answer otherwise, immediately flagged and 100% guaranteed you will not get the job.

3: Interview with the General Manager: basically, if you get past the 2nd interview, you're in. Making it this far means the General Manager is making sure his Store Managers made a good choice. At this point, pay is negotiated and asked what department I wanted to work in. As long as you can pass your background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you saw an employee stealing?   View Answer
    • Explain how your past job will translate well into this job.   Answer Question
    Open

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online and there were a lot of questions to answer, after that there were even more "What - If" scenarios presented. Overall I am very glad I applied as I love the stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

The online application includes a personality test, which I passed, but I have no idea what they considered passing or failing. I got a call for an interview 2 days later and went in for a 30 minute interview of standard entry-level position questions. The supervisor who interviewed me then went to talk to the general manager for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me I should come in the next day for another interview. The next day I met with the general manager for a 20 minute interview for more questions similar to those of the 1st interview. Got hired as a Wireless Sales Consultant in the Best Buy Mobile Department.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you consider to be your biggest weakness as an employee?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Applied online-- did online personality test and tried not to sound like a crazy anti-social nut job (basically had to choose answers that a hiring person would want to see, then you get "green lighted"-- then received a phone call from the HR guy within a couple of days. Did a very brief phone interview in which I was asked a few questions like "Why Best Buy?"... He scheduled me for a 1:1 interview which took place with a management trainee. They had a list of questions that consisted of personal background questions, a questions about how to handle sales interactions (how to build a customer relationship)... basically questions to determine if I was capable of genuine social interaction. Interview was maybe 30 minutes? He then said he'd make sure I got called in for a second interview. The HR guy called me back to schedule my second in person interview with the floor manager. That was a little harder, but nothing too tough.. Definitely needed to have some questions prepared. They want to see that you can sell yourself. So after that I was told I'd have a THIRD interview scheduled with the General Manager... so finally went back for that. This was a little more hardcore. Again, nothing too difficult, just your normal interviewing preparation required. In each round of interviews they had a list of set questions to ask. Then I think they have a rubric for how you answer the questions. If you get a certain amount of points then you pass to the next interview? Anyway, they offered me a position at the end of the third interview. I wanted full time but they offered part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

I went in wearing non fancy clothes and was interviewed in a room where they were interviewing other people. I was asked basic questions and beign 18 and still in highschool at the time I did not think I would get the job. The interviewer was really bored and did not seem to care much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2008.

Had a brief conversation with some Department Head who was contently being interrupted. He seemed preoccupied with matters other than an interview handed me a series of forms and concluded the interview. I filled out the forms handed them to another employee since the previous gentleman could not be found. Never heard from anyone again! After a few attempts to find out what my status was I concluded they were not interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2008.

Met with 2 different managers on 2 different days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your cousin/co-worker steal something small.   View Answer