Best Buy Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Des Moines, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted within a week. Received a phone call (presumably for screening) then had a face to face interview a week after the call with the assistant store manager. After passing the first two interviews, I had my third interview with the store manager within two days and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone take a candy bar without paying for it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Chico, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There were very easy interview questions. Pretty standard to most sales job's. I only had to do 2 series of interviews one with a sales manager and one with the general manager. The same questions were asked and they were very nice during interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a good amount before of my experience prior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (El Paso, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

applied online got called one week later had 1:1 interview with departmant manager had 2nd interview 1 week later with GM and got an offer on the spot after a few questions.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal about employee theft   1 Answer
    • have you ever been involved in loss prevention investigation before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed on phone, wasn't a match.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Sandy, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and a drug test. Each interview was with someone higher up in the company than the previous interviewer. The final was with the store manager, which was the most difficult of the three. He asked the most difficult questions. He did, however, seem very interested in me. All interviews were done one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• If a manager let you take a drink from the store without paying, would you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

1st interview: Random phone call from Best Buy. Remember which one you applied to, so if they call, you can be prepared.

2nd: a one-on-one interview with 1 of 4 Store Managers. They are all extremely easy to get along with, so don't worry about that part. Asked about 5 -8 questions. and remember, WHEN asked "what would you do if you saw an employee steal" You would fire him, no questions asked. Stealing is stealing and I've learned how huge employee theft can hurt a business. If you answer otherwise, immediately flagged and 100% guaranteed you will not get the job.

3: Interview with the General Manager: basically, if you get past the 2nd interview, you're in. Making it this far means the General Manager is making sure his Store Managers made a good choice. At this point, pay is negotiated and asked what department I wanted to work in. As long as you can pass your background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw an employee stealing?   1 Answer
    • Explain how your past job will translate well into this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and there were a lot of questions to answer, after that there were even more "What - If" scenarios presented. Overall I am very glad I applied as I love the stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Easton, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The online application includes a personality test, which I passed, but I have no idea what they considered passing or failing. I got a call for an interview 2 days later and went in for a 30 minute interview of standard entry-level position questions. The supervisor who interviewed me then went to talk to the general manager for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me I should come in the next day for another interview. The next day I met with the general manager for a 20 minute interview for more questions similar to those of the 1st interview. Got hired as a Wireless Sales Consultant in the Best Buy Mobile Department.

Interview Questions

• "What would you consider to be your biggest weakness as an employee?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online-- did online personality test and tried not to sound like a crazy anti-social nut job (basically had to choose answers that a hiring person would want to see, then you get "green lighted"-- then received a phone call from the HR guy within a couple of days. Did a very brief phone interview in which I was asked a few questions like "Why Best Buy?"... He scheduled me for a 1:1 interview which took place with a management trainee. They had a list of questions that consisted of personal background questions, a questions about how to handle sales interactions (how to build a customer relationship)... basically questions to determine if I was capable of genuine social interaction. Interview was maybe 30 minutes? He then said he'd make sure I got called in for a second interview. The HR guy called me back to schedule my second in person interview with the floor manager. That was a little harder, but nothing too tough.. Definitely needed to have some questions prepared. They want to see that you can sell yourself. So after that I was told I'd have a THIRD interview scheduled with the General Manager... so finally went back for that. This was a little more hardcore. Again, nothing too difficult, just your normal interviewing preparation required. In each round of interviews they had a list of set questions to ask. Then I think they have a rubric for how you answer the questions. If you get a certain amount of points then you pass to the next interview? Anyway, they offered me a position at the end of the third interview. I wanted full time but they offered part time.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about building a relationship with a customer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Orange, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I went in wearing non fancy clothes and was interviewed in a room where they were interviewing other people. I was asked basic questions and beign 18 and still in highschool at the time I did not think I would get the job. The interviewer was really bored and did not seem to care much.