Best Buy Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

Had a brief conversation with some Department Head who was contently being interrupted. He seemed preoccupied with matters other than an interview handed me a series of forms and concluded the interview. I filled out the forms handed them to another employee since the previous gentleman could not be found. Never heard from anyone again! After a few attempts to find out what my status was I concluded they were not interested.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Westminster, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Met with 2 different managers on 2 different days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw your cousin/co-worker steal something small.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

Interview

Asked questions in person

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position and they offered to interview me. During the interview they said that the position was not open but they could get back to me when the position was open. This was after the fact that we had already finished the interview which was rather frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer began creating a ruckus in the store.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview

The online application is interview 1. Then I met with a low level manager for my 2nd interview. This consisted of answering questions selected from already written Best Buy corporate questions. He gave me the ok and I interviewed the next day with the GM. These questions were more personality based questions. Very laid back, fun to joke with! I was offered the job that day and had to take a drug test within 24 hours. They also ran a background check. It took 1 week for them to get back to me about orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Shoot high..why not. I got 9.00 because I can speak another language.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to interview one on one. Sat down at a tv screen that tried to preach me it's propaganda. Immediately asked to get back up..left me no time to relax..passed the interview given a time to come back.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview

I took the online application first which was multiple choice. A few days later I got called for a phone interview. A few days late got my first 1:1 interview with many situational questions. Then got my final interview in where I was offered the job.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2008.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview, after went to a 1:1 interview, had a drug test, and then a final interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2008.

Interview

I walked in on an open interview day. I already applied on the Best Buy career website a couple weeks prior making the process a lot easier. If you did not already apply online, they would take you to a computer first before speaking to you. The first interview i had that day were pretty basic questions about school and the little work experience I had. I was then asked questions like, what was your best/worst shopping experience, and have you ever had to convince or change someones mind in a situation. He then scheduled me for a second interview. It was basically the same thing as the first one, but I got the offer. Then I took a drug test, and got called in for training.

Interview Questions

• What was your best/worst shopping experiencing?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to change someones mind in something? How did you do it?   Answer Question