Best Buy

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position and they offered to interview me. During the interview they said that the position was not open but they could get back to me when the position was open. This was after the fact that we had already finished the interview which was rather frustrating.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer began creating a ruckus in the store.   View Answer

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – The online application is interview 1. Then I met with a low level manager for my 2nd interview. This consisted of answering questions selected from already written Best Buy corporate questions. He gave me the ok and I interviewed the next day with the GM. These questions were more personality based questions. Very laid back, fun to joke with! I was offered the job that day and had to take a drug test within 24 hours. They also ran a background check. It took 1 week for them to get back to me about orientation.

Interview Question – Why Best Buy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Shoot high..why not. I got 9.00 because I can speak another language.

Very Easy Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2008.

Interview Details – I walked in on an open interview day. I already applied on the Best Buy career website a couple weeks prior making the process a lot easier. If you did not already apply online, they would take you to a computer first before speaking to you. The first interview i had that day were pretty basic questions about school and the little work experience I had. I was then asked questions like, what was your best/worst shopping experience, and have you ever had to convince or change someones mind in a situation. He then scheduled me for a second interview. It was basically the same thing as the first one, but I got the offer. Then I took a drug test, and got called in for training.

Interview Questions

Sales

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone interview, after went to a 1:1 interview, had a drug test, and then a final interview.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – I took the online application first which was multiple choice. A few days later I got called for a phone interview. A few days late got my first 1:1 interview with many situational questions. Then got my final interview in where I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call the next day to interview one on one. Sat down at a tv screen that tried to preach me it's propaganda. Immediately asked to get back up..left me no time to relax..passed the interview given a time to come back.

Interview Question – What's a problem you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy