Best Buy

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details – Has been relatively quick and professional. Received tour of store and was overall a very positive experience. I am impressed with the promptness and timeliness in response to be interviewed.

Interview Question – Some questions are multi-part questions.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – You interview with the GM and sometimes district manager, it's a form interview nearly the same one a supervisor would get. very straight forward basic questions. I have interviewed for two sales managers positions and got both of them.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – First you apply online as initial screening, then hr phone interview, then in person with the store GM and maybe the local DM. Company is really needing talented sales managers right now so with any good sales management background you should be good to go

Interview Question – Biggest challenge you have had   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – 3-4 step interview process - Most questions are geared towards around specific work experiences you've had in the past (leading a team, customer problems, performance management). Pretty normal questionnaire compared to other companies in the same industry.

Interview Question – Know the community because you will be asked how to grow the local business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low ball at first, was able to negotiate and get more.

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Know yourself as a person. Your strengths and weaknesses and what you are working on to get better. Interview for internal can be panel or one on one depending on position. Have very specific examples that you can use and can speak to clearly.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation at work with you or your team. How did you address it and how did you approach to fix the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – Best Buy conducts a lot of panel interviews for it's salaried positions, so you have to be prepared to answer questions from a very diverse panel of district level staff as well as store managers.

Interview Question – What is something that you are not good at that you are working to improve on? What are you doing to improve in this area?   Answer Question

Perrysburg, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview process I first did a phone interview, then moved on to a second interview that was in person. I had to wait out in Best Buy's lobby for a good twenty minutes after the time the second interview was suppose to be begin while the hiring managers ran through my paperwork. Sadly, I waited longer than how long it took to actually do the interview. Throughout the interview, which was really just a set of standard questions in any interview, the store manager who conducted it seemed most often distracted. Overall I would say Best Buy's professionalism (at least at this store) was very lacking.

Interview Question – If you witnessed an employee committing theft, what would you do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Be prepared to do a group interview as there were several people asking me multiple questions.....

Interview Question – They questions were bounced around with little structure. I was prepared but my answer seemed to be heard several different ways....   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – THEY JUST HIRE ANYONE THAT IS RECOMMENDED! During the holidays is the best time to get in if you don't know anyone.
IF your a girl and nice looking its a done deal!

Interview Question – what would you do about customer/employee stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – EASY! if your good talker

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Quick process from applying online to sitting down for the actual interview. The interview had many levels with other sales staff store Managment and some regional staff. The key in this position seemed to be prior experience in a sales related role; management experience was required but not the focus.

Interview Question – How can you impact sales immediately?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.