Best Buy

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Long overall process. About 5 interviews with there different manager. Must understand the company motto and overall p&l growth and overall development process. Must also have ability to speak in big groups and large function as well as add value

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Has been relatively quick and professional. Received tour of store and was overall a very positive experience. I am impressed with the promptness and timeliness in response to be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions are multi-part questions.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

First you apply online as initial screening, then hr phone interview, then in person with the store GM and maybe the local DM. Company is really needing talented sales managers right now so with any good sales management background you should be good to go

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

3-4 step interview process - Most questions are geared towards around specific work experiences you've had in the past (leading a team, customer problems, performance management). Pretty normal questionnaire compared to other companies in the same industry.

Interview Questions
    • Know the community because you will be asked how to grow the local business.   Answer Question
    Low ball at first, was able to negotiate and get more.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Know yourself as a person. Your strengths and weaknesses and what you are working on to get better. Interview for internal can be panel or one on one depending on position. Have very specific examples that you can use and can speak to clearly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at work with you or your team. How did you address it and how did you approach to fix the issue?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

During the interview process I first did a phone interview, then moved on to a second interview that was in person. I had to wait out in Best Buy's lobby for a good twenty minutes after the time the second interview was suppose to be begin while the hiring managers ran through my paperwork. Sadly, I waited longer than how long it took to actually do the interview. Throughout the interview, which was really just a set of standard questions in any interview, the store manager who conducted it seemed most often distracted. Overall I would say Best Buy's professionalism (at least at this store) was very lacking.

Interview Questions
    • If you witnessed an employee committing theft, what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Be prepared to do a group interview as there were several people asking me multiple questions.....

Interview Questions
    • They questions were bounced around with little structure. I was prepared but my answer seemed to be heard several different ways....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

You interview with the GM and sometimes district manager, it's a form interview nearly the same one a supervisor would get. very straight forward basic questions. I have interviewed for two sales managers positions and got both of them.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Phone Screen-Interview with AM-General Manager Interview-Standard questions;" Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?", "Tell me about a time that there was a conflict in the work environment.

Standard Big Corp questions looking for ways to overcome adversity, teamwork, self motivation etc.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

THEY JUST HIRE ANYONE THAT IS RECOMMENDED! During the holidays is the best time to get in if you don't know anyone.
    IF your a girl and nice looking its a done deal!

Interview Questions
    • what would you do about customer/employee stealing?   View Answer
    EASY! if your good talker