Best Buy

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Called me in for an interview, asked me basic, psychological screening questions and questions about my job experienced. Made it to the second interview which was scheduled for 5:00, but the manager didn't bring me in until 5:45, at which point they told me I if I was chosen, I'd receive an email within the day. I received an email with a job offer after about 3 days.

Interview Question – None really. Pretty cookie cutter stuff.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The fact that they were 45 minutes late, and I was interviewed in the same room where current employees were taking their breaks and coming in and out just turned me off to the whole experience. If they're that unprofessional and disorganized, it probably wouldn't have been a pleasant environment to work in.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – It was fairly straight forward, had one interview to see if i met the requirements, followed by a second interview where I was offered te position.

Interview Question – They were all straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Applied during the busy holiday hiring frenzy and was thrown in a group interview with elimination and hiring decisions determined on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the norm, however try and be different from the previous speakers.   Answer Question

Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2008.

Interview Details – Asked mostly situational questions. Management was about 45 minutes late. He had my detaiked work history and asked detailed questions about my work experience.

Interview Question – What do you believe are the values of Best Buy   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy in the first interview, just make sure to show a really friendly and jolly personality. The second interview with the general manager is a bit more tougher as they kind of try to either figure you out and break you down. They ask a lot of hypothetical and situational questions so get prepared for that. You'll know if you'll get the job by the last interview, just don't be nervous and be yourself and try breaking the ice with a light joke or something you and the interviewer can relate to.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over all other applicants?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2008.

Interview Details – You have to fill out an application on a computer inside the store or online, take a personality test,and they will call to setup an interview time.

The interview was done a while ago, but from what I remember it was quite strange and provocative. The typical interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what can you do for this company, educational background, customer service questions are asked.

When it comes to the specific questions thats where things went south. My interviewer was a lady and she was tired because I was the last one to be interviewed for the day. She wanted to know what I knew about electronics, especially computers.What do you know about computers? What is your speciality in this area? I told her I knew a lot about wireless routers and networking giving her specific details. She then kept asking me the same questions over and over not statisified with any answer I gave her. I told her I knew about video cards, computer programs, etc., but she did not care. Apparently, I could tell she was already rolling her eyes and wanting to be out of there for the day. She was not even listening to what I was saying. I probably had the worst interview exprience since I started applying for jobs. I already knew things did not go well and she stopped asking questions after that. But I did ask her about what the position does. You wont be staying in oner area for long so they will switch you around to either the computers to games, etc. They want you to know about a lot of the stuff they sell and be an outgoing person.

Make sure you do your homework before the interview. Make sure you know things about computers, PC games, Iphone, Apple, DVDs, Music, hardware, Tvs, cash register, customer service, etc. They like you to troubleshoot problems with electronics.

Also, I had a different experience than what most people would have had. My interview became difficult, but others may have had a a better experience. Look at others and see what has changed. Mine was done a few years back.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went to work force 1 an job center they gave me a refferal for the job i did and onine application took like an hour. 5 days later they called and did a interview over the phone. after that the lady told me to come in for a interview so right now im gathering all the question that they could possibly ask me so that i will be prepared ^_^..

Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring in takes a while. There are a ton of applicants waiting to get their foot in the door. Upon interviewing and hiring in however, it is a very professional company.

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation involved. I threw out a number that I thought was fair for retail and the manager at the time countered with a higher number.

Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interview steps, phone>face to face> face to face with GM

Interview Question – what didn't you like about your last manager   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – I took an on-line assessment test, they called back within an hour and set up an interview for the following day. I met a supervisor who is very friendly and personable. He asked me basic questions like; What was your most memorable team experience and what did you like most and least like about it?, What is it that you least like and most like about being part of a team?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for BestBuy?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.