Best Buy

Best Buy Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Specialist Interview

Group interview during holiday seasonal hire. Sort of like speed dating where supervisors were in their specific department and everyone started at different spots and eventually rotated through every supervisor. Questions were scenario based on how you would deal with angry customer or adversed situations.

Interview Questions
  • Let's role play. I am a blind person, sell me this cell phone.   View Answer

Received an offer for better employment elsewhere.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

I got a call back within about a week of applying online. After about half an hour of the interview it was clear that I was going to be hired. I was interviewed by both of the sales floor managers. After the interview it took about two weeks for the processing including drug test to go through.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you had to deal with adversity while selling and how did you handle the customer.   Answer Question
    Pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

Apply online. Get a call. Go in to meet one of the manager. Wait for another call. Meet the GM. SIgn the contract. Get drug tested. Pass and start working.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most are about how honest you are and your reactions on theft.   View Answer
    GM pulls out a contract sheet. You sign if you want the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

I applied online. Roughly a week or two after applying, i received a phone call to set up an interview. The first personal interview asked me basic questions. I returned for a second where they basically handed me papers to sign and a drug test. If you make it to the second step, you are basically in.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic interviewing question. Make sure to be customer focused in all answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

It was very informal, just the General Manager and myself, he asked me irrelevant things and things that I believed to be too personal, but he hired me at the end of the day so I couldn't really complain. At 18 years old it was a good spot for me to begin my working career.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview process lagged way too much. I was groomed and told I could start a job their within a week or two and it still took 4 months. The interview is pretty basic and very straight forward. Remember that these are sales people interviewing you. They will embellish and sell you about how wonderful the company and your position will be. They may also lie to you and tell you that you will be made supervisor within the first two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • none. The most difficult part is wading through the bs to find out what's real and what's not.   Answer Question
    I was told that I would become a Departmental Supervisor within the first few weeks of hire, based on my experience, background and skill set. They were not honest.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

It was a one on one process, they look for an outgoing, exciting candidate who would easily click with customers. They go over your previous work experience and where you see yourself in a few years. You have to have an interest with electronics and dealing with customers to create solutions for the company. Overall it was a great interview process, I didn't feel put on the spot or grilled. They were very easy going and fun.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a solution for a costumer.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

It started with the standard online application. From there it takes you to this 45-60 minute online personality assessment that asks you questions about how you feel about yourself as well as situational questions. If you score high enough on that, you get called in for an interview with the supervisor of the department you are applying for. He or she ask you the standard interview questions like why best buy or what would you do if someone stole $1 from the register...etc. If you pass that then you get a final interview with the store manager who goes over your past experience, asks you some standard interview questions, and goes over your salary if the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your best friend at the store stole $1 from the register to buy a soda?   View Answer
    You have some wiggle room to negotiate if the store manager is impressed with your interview. Back when I did, I had already worked at Best Buy before for awhile so I got to up my salary from the average 8.50/hr for sales specialist to 10.00/hr.