Best Buy

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview I had with Best Buy was incredibly professional. It was for a store opening and they had a system to process large numbers of people quickly. Still, I didn't feel like just a number. I was contacted over the phone and told exactly how the entire process would take place. They even told me acceptable attire for the face to face interview. This is good for the many teenagers that apply to Best Buy.

Interview Question – They didn't trick me with anything crazy. They do ask many situational questions. Be prepared to give examples of your own experiences in response to questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than the cap for the position so I did not negotiate.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – First phone interview is simple questions about availability, job duties, what attracted you to Best Buy, past jobs. Basically everything you'd put on a resume. Then you'll have an interview with a manager and ask questions like, "what would you do if..." Or "tell me about a time when..." Regarding coworkers or upset customers. When did you go above and beyond.
Lastly you have a final GM interview where you may or may not get your job offer, based on final opinion.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker, why, and what did you do to overcome that? Hard because you need to explain a negative but explain how you made it positive (hopefully)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for me. But you could counter the offer. If they really wanted you they might be willing to increase pay a little.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Interview should focus all around people and how you can get the most out of your team, through recognizing, coach and training as well as accountability. Financial results are key... and your main point should be centered around a selling culture.where you spend your time is important be in a position to notice and course correct during interactions with customers.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2014.

Interview Details – First 'interview' is an online survey which is pass/fail. If you pass, typically the Back Office Lead will contact you within a few days to schedule a second interview with the Assistant Manager in your potential area - Sales or Operations (warehouse, front lanes, customer services, Geek Squad, inventory). They follow a pretty typical packet covering past experience and asking for specific examples of how you have handled certain situations with peers, customers, etc. If they recommend you for hire, your third and final interview will be with the store General Manager. They are more free to ask whatever open-ended questions they want. However, they will always ask a question regarding how you would hypothetically handle internal theft if you witnessed it first-hand.

Interview Question – Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary. Questions are changed periodically about twice a year.   Answer Question

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 interview with assistant manager, 1 interview with GM

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you dealt with difficult change   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me I got the spot and what the pay/perks were. I accepted.

Sales Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is ok you do go through 2-3 interviews to get hired. The onboarding process is what is time consuming as it can take 2-3 weeks to get hired due to opportunities in following up from the store leadership.

Interview Question – Most questions are easy to answer as most of them are in regards to just customer service interactions and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stores try to give not competitive offers.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. Usually they hire internally for this position. With my experience, it is already pre determined who they want, they just have to go through the formalities of the hiring process. The first interview is a structured. Questions are about problem solving, managing others, difficult situations, and what would you do differently.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult questions. They didn't ask me to calculate or make any projections.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a predetermined budget for the position. There is some negotiation but usually there is a little room.

Sales Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I received phone call to schedule phone interview. Since I didn't receive a phone call as scheduled I called the store. After couple of days I received a phone call to schedule 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – What's the biggest challenge for Best Buy?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. The only issue was that I ended up waiting for about 45 minutes due to an unexpected interference. The manager was nice in explaining the situation. They use the situation task action and response interview method, I was not prepared for this so my answers were not scripted as they should have been and I had to take time to think about what I wanted to say and how to say it.

I will say it took them about 2-3 weeks to call me in, I forgot about the position.

Interview Question – Questions are easy so long you prepare some responses.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing is kind of a joke. They hire from within, and generally if your known and performing well promotions are easy.

Negotiation Details – I asked amount of money, they specified, I countered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.