Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.6

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was a previously employed in the store and was working towards the opportunity. Mainly one on one and focused on how you would be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had to submit a resume and follow up with the hiring manager. Made a power point presentation. It wasnt very long. It seemed to work because I got the job. It just took time to get into the building to get the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldnt do something for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy. they gave me a number and i took it

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

A quick review of the resume, review job history, why Best Buy?, what was the best part of your last job? what was worst part of last job? tell me about yourself, what is your greatest strength? what is your greatest weakness? typical questions for retail atmosphere

Interview Questions

• usually questions around "tell me about a time when you had a conflict/difficult customer/etc, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First phone interview is simple questions about availability, job duties, what attracted you to Best Buy, past jobs. Basically everything you'd put on a resume. Then you'll have an interview with a manager and ask questions like, "what would you do if..." Or "tell me about a time when..." Regarding coworkers or upset customers. When did you go above and beyond. Lastly you have a final GM interview where you may or may not get your job offer, based on final opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker, why, and what did you do to overcome that? Hard because you need to explain a negative but explain how you made it positive (hopefully)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for me. But you could counter the offer. If they really wanted you they might be willing to increase pay a little.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

Interview should focus all around people and how you can get the most out of your team, through recognizing, coach and training as well as accountability. Financial results are key... and your main point should be centered around a selling culture.where you spend your time is important be in a position to notice and course correct during interactions with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lansing, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

First 'interview' is an online survey which is pass/fail. If you pass, typically the Back Office Lead will contact you within a few days to schedule a second interview with the Assistant Manager in your potential area - Sales or Operations (warehouse, front lanes, customer services, Geek Squad, inventory). They follow a pretty typical packet covering past experience and asking for specific examples of how you have handled certain situations with peers, customers, etc. If they recommend you for hire, your third and final interview will be with the store General Manager. They are more free to ask whatever open-ended questions they want. However, they will always ask a question regarding how you would hypothetically handle internal theft if you witnessed it first-hand.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary. Questions are changed periodically about twice a year.   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Usually they hire internally for this position. With my experience, it is already pre determined who they want, they just have to go through the formalities of the hiring process. The first interview is a structured. Questions are about problem solving, managing others, difficult situations, and what would you do differently.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult questions. They didn't ask me to calculate or make any projections.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a predetermined budget for the position. There is some negotiation but usually there is a little room.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I received phone call to schedule phone interview. Since I didn't receive a phone call as scheduled I called the store. After couple of days I received a phone call to schedule 1:1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. The only issue was that I ended up waiting for about 45 minutes due to an unexpected interference. The manager was nice in explaining the situation. They use the situation task action and response interview method, I was not prepared for this so my answers were not scripted as they should have been and I had to take time to think about what I wanted to say and how to say it. I will say it took them about 2-3 weeks to call me in, I forgot about the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions are easy so long you prepare some responses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Sales Supervisor position at another location. I then interviewed with one of the Sales Managers for a 1 on 1 in-person interview. I was then offered the position a few days after and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give a fellow employee tough feedback.   Answer Question