Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

I had to submit a resume and follow up with the hiring manager. Made a power point presentation. It wasnt very long. It seemed to work because I got the job. It just took time to get into the building to get the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you couldnt do something for a customer   Answer Question
easy. they gave me a number and i took it

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

one panel interview, minimum 3 interviewers. The interview process could be extensive depending on how many candidates they get. Everyone gets a fair chance, whether you are internal/external candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that now thinking back at it, you would've done it differently.   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Best Buy.

A quick review of the resume, review job history, why Best Buy?, what was the best part of your last job? what was worst part of last job? tell me about yourself, what is your greatest strength? what is your greatest weakness? typical questions for retail atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • usually questions around "tell me about a time when you had a conflict/difficult customer/etc, what did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

The first interview I had with Best Buy was incredibly professional. It was for a store opening and they had a system to process large numbers of people quickly. Still, I didn't feel like just a number. I was contacted over the phone and told exactly how the entire process would take place. They even told me acceptable attire for the face to face interview. This is good for the many teenagers that apply to Best Buy.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't trick me with anything crazy. They do ask many situational questions. Be prepared to give examples of your own experiences in response to questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question
    I was offered more than the cap for the position so I did not negotiate.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

First phone interview is simple questions about availability, job duties, what attracted you to Best Buy, past jobs. Basically everything you'd put on a resume. Then you'll have an interview with a manager and ask questions like, "what would you do if..." Or "tell me about a time when..." Regarding coworkers or upset customers. When did you go above and beyond.
    Lastly you have a final GM interview where you may or may not get your job offer, based on final opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker, why, and what did you do to overcome that? Hard because you need to explain a negative but explain how you made it positive (hopefully)   Answer Question
    No negotiation for me. But you could counter the offer. If they really wanted you they might be willing to increase pay a little.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview should focus all around people and how you can get the most out of your team, through recognizing, coach and training as well as accountability. Financial results are key... and your main point should be centered around a selling culture.where you spend your time is important be in a position to notice and course correct during interactions with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2014.

First 'interview' is an online survey which is pass/fail. If you pass, typically the Back Office Lead will contact you within a few days to schedule a second interview with the Assistant Manager in your potential area - Sales or Operations (warehouse, front lanes, customer services, Geek Squad, inventory). They follow a pretty typical packet covering past experience and asking for specific examples of how you have handled certain situations with peers, customers, etc. If they recommend you for hire, your third and final interview will be with the store General Manager. They are more free to ask whatever open-ended questions they want. However, they will always ask a question regarding how you would hypothetically handle internal theft if you witnessed it first-hand.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary. Questions are changed periodically about twice a year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2010.

1 phone interview, 1 interview with assistant manager, 1 interview with GM

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you dealt with difficult change   View Answer
    They told me I got the spot and what the pay/perks were. I accepted.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

The interview process is ok you do go through 2-3 interviews to get hired. The onboarding process is what is time consuming as it can take 2-3 weeks to get hired due to opportunities in following up from the store leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are easy to answer as most of them are in regards to just customer service interactions and experience.   Answer Question
    Stores try to give not competitive offers.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Two rounds of interview. Usually they hire internally for this position. With my experience, it is already pre determined who they want, they just have to go through the formalities of the hiring process. The first interview is a structured. Questions are about problem solving, managing others, difficult situations, and what would you do differently.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult questions. They didn't ask me to calculate or make any projections.   Answer Question
    There is a predetermined budget for the position. There is some negotiation but usually there is a little room.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!