Best Buy

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Three interview. 1 phone, one with the supervisor or manager. Last one with the General Manager. Average interview questions. Tell me about a time this, and Tell me about a time when you did this. So on and what not.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with anther employee while working. How did you handle the conflict? What was the out come of the conflict. What did you learn from the conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked me if 8.25 was ok. I said sure. He said sign the dotted line. That was it. BTW training at BBY is very poor.

Very Easy Interview

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was rather strange to say the least. The questionnaire was different than any other interview that I've had and the questions didn't seem to fit the job description at all.

Interview Question – If you see a co worker stealing a bag of candy what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – phone interview and get scheduled for the second interview with customer services manager in the location that I applied for, moved to third round interview with general manager at the same day. Job offered at the same day.

Interview Question – What will you do if you see customer or co-worker stealing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiate.

Vineland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for two seperate part-time positions on September 1st and did not receive a call back until November 5th, 2013. I was called and asked to come in for an interview on a day I was scheduled to work. The woman said she would try again later. I did not think that would happen, but I actually came across someone at my workplace who knew the woman who called me.

A few days later, sure enough I was called again and asked to come in on a Saturday. The woman explained they were pulling all the seasonal positions only. I explained I did not apply for seasonal, but would have no problem coming in. She insisted I applied for seasonal. I just dropped it, so it wouldn't create any possible conflicts.

The day of my interview I came in on time and had to wait in front on the store for 20 minutes. All because the manager was on the phone. I noticed him walking around the store on a cell phone. After he was done he came and greeted me and took me to a small office in the back.

The process was extremely fast and only asked questions off a sheet of paper. All were very generic work related questions. Nothing personal and no attempt to get to know me on any kind of level. He did not even ask any secondary questions, after any of my responses. He read them very fast and moved on to the next questions quickly. I spent more time waiting then I did being interviewed. But, at the end he asked me to come in the following day for a 2nd interview with another manager.

The next day was basically the same process. That manager kept to questions off a sheet of paper and almost a majority of them were the same from previous days interview. At the end of the interview he told me, it went great and to expect a call in 2 days.

I waited and never received a phone call. So, after a couple more days, I decided to call. I was greeted on the phone by an associate in a very unprofessional manner. (like he was communicating to one of his buddies) I asked for the manager and explained why I was calling. He put me on hold and came back and told me "dey bizzy" and they would call me later. I never was called back.

So, after seeing the way this business conducts themselves, I decided not to continue following up on my application.

Interview Question – How I would keep or gather more customers and why do I think Best Buy can keep repeat customers?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied online. received a call to set up a interview. the interview was fairly easy. a manager from the geek squad department did the interview. then was told wait a week until we give you a call for a second interview

Interview Question – How would you handle being on a team with a co worker you have problems with?   Answer Question

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Called for first phone interview. Standard questions, availability, ect... Set up second interview on the phone. That was with a hiring manager, again, basic questions. They ask a a lot about your previous work experience and how you problem solved. If they like you, they call you within 48 hours for a third interview with the GM. He/she talks to you about Best Buy a little bit and then asks more standard questions. The GM interview seemed to be shorter than the 2nd one. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like to accomplish a goal"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked how much I made at previous job. I told them $9.50, they gave me $9.75. Probably could have gotten $10 if I had said I made more.

Mohegan Lake, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a thank you email roughly 24hrs later. About two days later I received a call to schedule an interview. They had preselected the slot, however they were willing to reschedule. When I arrived for the interview I was asked to sit down and wait in an empty hall that lead to the bathrooms and a few doors marked as offices. When I was called in, I was sat in a somewhat busy conference room, which was a little distracting. During the interview we blew over the basic stuff like transportation and criminal records. Then we spoke about past experiences. Finally we got to the planned interview questions. There were 5, generic questions, with a scale of "weak to strong" on them. After that she put the pad down and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Question – What is the hardest team you have worked with and why was it hard?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Apparently because the online application is worded so generally, I was applying for the wrong position. I was expecting to be somewhere on the sales floor. Sales Support Associates are in the back room and organize shelves.

Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back about a month after I applied. They use applications to fill any position, so they may call you for a position that you didn't necessarily apply for. You go in for an interview with basic questions about you and how you are a good fit for the job. If you make it past this interview you will be interviewed by an assistant manager, and then the general manager. If all goes well you will be given the job as long as you pass a drug test.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just the usual where do you see yourself in 5 years, strengths and weaknesses, and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was my first real job I was happy to make any money at all and didn't negotiate

Sales Support Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Applied at best buy, heard back within one week. Had initial interview with 2 floor managers, they told me that i would hear back from them. i heard back in a couple of days and came back in for interview with store manager and she hired me on the spot

Interview Question – usual interview questions, i.e. tell me about yourself, why would you be a contribution to here...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Support Associate

I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online for a different position but was called within days and asked to interview for other Seasonal positions available at the time.

I interviewed with a supervisor first and was invited for a second interview with the GM two days later. They did not get back to me and I eventually had the second interview a week later.

I interviewed with the acting GM (due to the GM had just went on medical leave). He was very professional and asked lots of questions that most retail stores would. At the end he gave me the job offer as a seasonal employee working mosting in inventory.

I later had a quick interview with the GM (whom returned) at the end of the season with a job offer to stay on PT in the inventory role.

Interview Question – If a child was to steal something under the direction of an adult, would you let it go or hold the child accountable?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited to none due to it was a seasonal job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Sales Support Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.