Best Buy Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

2.5

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Three interview. 1 phone, one with the supervisor or manager. Last one with the General Manager. Average interview questions. Tell me about a time this, and Tell me about a time when you did this. So on and what not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with anther employee while working. How did you handle the conflict? What was the out come of the conflict. What did you learn from the conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked me if 8.25 was ok. I said sure. He said sign the dotted line. That was it. BTW training at BBY is very poor.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Everett, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Threw website then by phone then went in and had nice interview was great experience the hiring manager was very friendly and gave me good advice so was hoping I would definitely get the job

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 20 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

just how much did I get in my last job I said $15 so they gave me $16

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

phone interview and get scheduled for the second interview with customer services manager in the location that I applied for, moved to third round interview with general manager at the same day. Job offered at the same day.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see customer or co-worker stealing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Vineland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy (Vineland, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for two seperate part-time positions on September 1st and did not receive a call back until November 5th, 2013. I was called and asked to come in for an interview on a day I was scheduled to work. The woman said she would try again later. I did not think that would happen, but I actually came across someone at my workplace who knew the woman who called me. A few days later, sure enough I was called again and asked to come in on a Saturday. The woman explained they were pulling all the seasonal positions only. I explained I did not apply for seasonal, but would have no problem coming in. She insisted I applied for seasonal. I just dropped it, so it wouldn't create any possible conflicts. The day of my interview I came in on time and had to wait in front on the store for 20 minutes. All because the manager was on the phone. I noticed him walking around the store on a cell phone. After he was done he came and greeted me and took me to a small office in the back. The process was extremely fast and only asked questions off a sheet of paper. All were very generic work related questions. Nothing personal and no attempt to get to know me on any kind of level. He did not even ask any secondary questions, after any of my responses. He read them very fast and moved on to the next questions quickly. I spent more time waiting then I did being interviewed. But, at the end he asked me to come in the following day for a 2nd interview with another manager. The next day was basically the same process. That manager kept to questions off a sheet of paper and almost a majority of them were the same from previous days interview. At the end of the interview he told me, it went great and to expect a call in 2 days. I waited and never received a phone call. So, after a couple more days, I decided to call. I was greeted on the phone by an associate in a very unprofessional manner. (like he was communicating to one of his buddies) I asked for the manager and explained why I was calling. He put me on hold and came back and told me "dey bizzy" and they would call me later. I never was called back. So, after seeing the way this business conducts themselves, I decided not to continue following up on my application.

Interview Questions

• How I would keep or gather more customers and why do I think Best Buy can keep repeat customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Appleton, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was rather strange to say the least. The questionnaire was different than any other interview that I've had and the questions didn't seem to fit the job description at all.

Interview Questions

• If you see a co worker stealing a bag of candy what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview

applied online. received a call to set up a interview. the interview was fairly easy. a manager from the geek squad department did the interview. then was told wait a week until we give you a call for a second interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being on a team with a co worker you have problems with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair. Had the first interview with the positions manager. it was easy. Just asked basic questions like why do you want to work there and stuff like that. Just be real confident and friendly. After it was over, I waited for about 10 minutes then they called me up for my second interview with the General Manager. It was basically the same questions.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any unexpected or difficult question. They do have I high policy on shrink so if any question about that comes up, make sure you answer it right. For example "what if you saw your friend stealing something...." you'd say you'd report it right away.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was making $8.60 so when i told him that, he offered me $10.50. I had a friend who got offered $11.50 because he has a bachelor's degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

Called for first phone interview. Standard questions, availability, ect... Set up second interview on the phone. That was with a hiring manager, again, basic questions. They ask a a lot about your previous work experience and how you problem solved. If they like you, they call you within 48 hours for a third interview with the GM. He/she talks to you about Best Buy a little bit and then asks more standard questions. The GM interview seemed to be shorter than the 2nd one. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like to accomplish a goal"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked how much I made at previous job. I told them $9.50, they gave me $9.75. Probably could have gotten $10 if I had said I made more.

Anonymous Employee in Mohegan Lake, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Mohegan Lake, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a thank you email roughly 24hrs later. About two days later I received a call to schedule an interview. They had preselected the slot, however they were willing to reschedule. When I arrived for the interview I was asked to sit down and wait in an empty hall that lead to the bathrooms and a few doors marked as offices. When I was called in, I was sat in a somewhat busy conference room, which was a little distracting. During the interview we blew over the basic stuff like transportation and criminal records. Then we spoke about past experiences. Finally we got to the planned interview questions. There were 5, generic questions, with a scale of "weak to strong" on them. After that she put the pad down and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest team you have worked with and why was it hard?   Answer Question

Apparently because the online application is worded so generally, I was applying for the wrong position. I was expecting to be somewhere on the sales floor. Sales Support Associates are in the back room and organize shelves.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied at best buy, heard back within one week. Had initial interview with 2 floor managers, they told me that i would hear back from them. i heard back in a couple of days and came back in for interview with store manager and she hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• usual interview questions, i.e. tell me about yourself, why would you be a contribution to here...   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation