Best Buy

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Pretty typical interview process. The run a background check and you must pass the drug test. Interview is usually done with 3 different people probably consisting of two assistant managers and the general manager.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you came across a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lansing, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Had to go through 3 interviews, very unnecessary for a simple sales job at a retail company. Other then that, just the basic process, "why do you want to work for us", what are you passions?, etc. Took a long time for someone to contact me. I guess the store holds the information on file until a spot comes available.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was what do you know about this company? Now its a retail store yes, but they were interested to know if i knew anything from a corporate standpoint, stocks, marketshare, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered me a job at near minimum wage, and since i just got out of high school, well it was better then actual minimum wage.

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took about a month to get a call for an interview. The interview consisted of a one-on-one typical interview with strictly behavior questions. I guess I failed that interview because I was then referred to another supervisor for an additional interview w/ the same questions- all behavior. Then I had another meeting with the store manager that consisted of work related questions. Then I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time in your professional or educational life when a situation turned bad and what did you do to turn it around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – After you apply online a manager will call you for a phone interview. If you can pass that they will ask you to come in for a one on one interview with one of the managers. After that the general manager will give you a final interview and discuss paperwork and pay rate with you.

Interview Question – Describe your best shopping experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate your pay during the final interview with the general manager.

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – It was a walk in job fair just had to make sure you had done an application already. I talked to the regional manager before getting a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – All simple what's you work ethic type of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Support

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – Called by the hiring director for brief phone interview. Once finished, set up one-on-one interview with manager of store.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Standard interview questions.   View Answer

Midland, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Interview Details – Completed comprehensive first interview about company culture and description of
supervisor duties, and role.

Interview Question – Company philosophy and goals. Renew Blue objectives.   View Answer

Pacoima, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process included three separate interview. Once I applied online, it took them about a month to contact me. It took about a week to get a call back after the first interview with the manager who's department I applied for (sales support). The second interview was with the Home Business Group Manager and the next day I had my final interview with the GM. Drug tested and started working the following week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with a co-worker you didn't get along with. How did you handle it? How will you help reduce shrink and drive profitability? How did you do that in your current or most recent job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $9 per hour with no negotiation.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!