Best Buy Sales Transaction Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.0

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The First interview with a supervisor or assistant manager, second interview with general manager when they normally hire you. Drug test is required. There is a list of questions that they MUST ask and generally follow.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was short and to the point, the manager was very precise on what he wanted. I was able to ask any questions I needed to know about and the manager was very helpful on letting me know what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone that was stealing from the store   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. This was an all day event. There were three interviews. The first interview was a group interview with about 10 of us around a table one by one answering the same basic questions. The second interview was a one on one interview with one of the department managers. It was very relaxed but straight to the point. The last interview was with the general manager. At this point, it was pretty clear that I had the job. Most of the questions were based around either working as a team, offering credit card services or customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and how did the customer respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given a dollar amount until after I had already accepted. It was during the processing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Maplewood, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

i applied online to many position and i got a call 2 days later asking about my availability and if i still wanted the job. of course i said yes and i got an interview the next day.after my fist interview the guy said am gonna let you talk to the GM. and in my head i was so happy that it was on the same day. the gm ask the same kind of questions like why should i hire you and how can i help a customer decide on which product they want

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (McKinney, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I really was not asked any professional questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the Back Office Lead. They ask you a few questions just to get to know you and to ask why you applied for the position. If that went well then they move you on to the next phase which is a face to face interview with Assistant Manager. This is usually the manager that you will work under. If they like what you had to say then you get to have a face to face interview with General Manager of the store you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Eagan, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the Back Office Lead man who scheduled for an interview. We played phone tag for a while but eventually things worked out. I went in for my interview and they made me wait about 10-15 mins (which after being hired, I noticed they did that to everyone). The first interview is with a department manager and if they call you back again after that you have a second interview with the store manager who will tell you that you're hired (most of the time). After that you have to submit a drug test and then usually call you in to fill out some paper work and give you your schedule.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that I wasn't prepared to answer. They were typical interview questions such as Why do you want to work here? How do you make the customer's shopping experience the best they've had? Questions like that. I went to google.com and researched interview questions and their answers in order to prepare myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, I just accepted what they offered.