Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview first, very brief and just some get to know you kinds of questions. A week later I had a store interview and I met with the store manager who was very pleasant and he made the interview very personable and relaxed. The questions were easy and the job thoroughly explained.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle co-workers who are hard to deal with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It took a bit longer than I wanted to for the interview process to begin. I called multiple times before receiving a phone call back though the phone interview was pleasant.
    I wore dress clothes for the interview. I was interviewed between the GM and 2 lead sales consultants. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain a bad experience you've had with a coworker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not get to negotiate my wage because I was interviewing for a seasonal position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

The interview questions were standard for this type of job, i.e., Why do you want to work at Best Buy? Was told I'd be contacted for a third interview. Still waiting on that.

Interview Questions

• A customer approaches, telling you they want to "learn about computers." They have zero computer knowledge. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for job and was called by store asking if I was interested. I said yes and was given date/time to go to store to meet manager.

Hiring manager went through a packet of standard situational questions and took notes based on what I said. Was given positive feedback and was told that they would have me meet with GM (final step in process).

Got form letter message informing me that they were not going forward. Given my background, all I can guess is that I was overqualified and they did not want to hire someone who made easily triple their annual salary as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation you had with a difficult coworker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First meeting is a group interview, randomized questions towards different people after the initial introduction. if called back, you'll be able to have the meeting with the GM instead of a regular shift manager or team lead.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good fit for Best Buy? (Tough question to answer in general.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will get your availability, and always give honest hours instead of "anytime" if you need a day for school or otherwise. They will work you to death during the last two months.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

the hiring and interview process was both fair and lengthy. I was interviewed by first a subordinate manager, then a supervisor, and then finally a store manager. I was never pressured to give more information than i was willing to provide , nor made to feel uncomfortable. I would absolutely recommend the company to those interested in selloing technology

Interview Questions

• there were no unexpected or difficult questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (D'Iberville, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

The manager that interviewed me was condescending and unprofessional. He came to the interview unprepared, so I had to provide him a pen. No answer seemed "good enough" or "correct enough." Most of the interview questions had absolutely nothing to do with the job or my ability to perform in the capacity needed.

Interview Questions

• "What is your favorite movie?" ... What, exactly, does that have to do with my job??   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Tulsa, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Department Manager interview (in person). General Manager interview (in person). Orientation, basic, simple, tour of store. Before starting you will have to take some E-Learning quizzes in order to start.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about recent work history. What you know about technology. What would you do if you caught somebody stealing. Why should they hire you. Then they will ask if you have any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They did not give me an option. However, if you have a college degree, or a good amount a experience try to negotiate what you think you deserve. I suggest looking up salary information first, to see whats the limit mainly.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It very fast and easy during season to get in but always go professional

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

applied via email, received a call to come in for an interview, had a group interview, was offered the position with-in a couple days. Best buy is a decent company to work for, not a great pay check for the most part but you get a pretty good employee discount and the employees were decent as well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, why you applied to best buy, time when you helped a customer during a difficult situation, previous employment, had to walk around the store and introduce our selves to 5 employees and get their name/position and than talk about them as a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, I believe everyone was hired at the same hourly rate.