Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendora, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

3 interviews. Phone, person, and then GM offer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

short phone interview, then a very short face to face interview in store before opening. I was offered the job and began filling out paperwork. I was told that I would start working as soon as I completed a drug test. I was working/training within the week. This was a hurried process because they were trying to get employees for black friday and the holiday season.

Interview Questions
    • Again, they were simply evaluating me very quickly. There were no hard or unexpected questions of any kind. Just the typical experience and schedule questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

3 days, 3 different levels of management. 20 questions each, problem solving.

Easy, very optional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

There were two formal interviews, and once you get a call back after the 2nd, it's a group orientation. Must pass drug test and must look presentable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are standard in these cases.. "What can you do to help better our stores?" is probably one of them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

I filled out an online job ad off their website. I was contacted for an interview. I was interviewed by the store manager and he made the decision to hire me on the spot. I was asked to do a drug test at a lab within 2 business days, and told they would do a background check. If they both came back positive they would contact me again about training. I passed both tests, and they contacted me again a few days later about training.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you see an employee stealing a candy bar?   Answer Question

Offered a permanent job elsewhere that also was relevant to my degree.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

First meeting is a group interview, randomized questions towards different people after the initial introduction. if called back, you'll be able to have the meeting with the GM instead of a regular shift manager or team lead.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you would be a good fit for Best Buy? (Tough question to answer in general.)   View Answer
    They will get your availability, and always give honest hours instead of "anytime" if you need a day for school or otherwise. They will work you to death during the last two months.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

the hiring and interview process was both fair and lengthy. I was interviewed by first a subordinate manager, then a supervisor, and then finally a store manager. I was never pressured to give more information than i was willing to provide , nor made to feel uncomfortable. I would absolutely recommend the company to those interested in selloing technology

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected or difficult questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

Online application was a bit tedious and time consuming. It took me 6 years to get an interview. Luckily I knew someone who recommended me. The interview itself was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself and your selling style in one sentence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Phone interview. Department Manager interview (in person). General Manager interview (in person). Orientation, basic, simple, tour of store. Before starting you will have to take some E-Learning quizzes in order to start.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about recent work history. What you know about technology. What would you do if you caught somebody stealing. Why should they hire you. Then they will ask if you have any questions.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. They did not give me an option. However, if you have a college degree, or a good amount a experience try to negotiate what you think you deserve. I suggest looking up salary information first, to see whats the limit mainly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  D'Iberville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

The manager that interviewed me was condescending and unprofessional. He came to the interview unprepared, so I had to provide him a pen. No answer seemed "good enough" or "correct enough." Most of the interview questions had absolutely nothing to do with the job or my ability to perform in the capacity needed.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite movie?" ... What, exactly, does that have to do with my job??   View Answer

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!