Best Buy

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glendora, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Phone, person, and then GM offer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details – short phone interview, then a very short face to face interview in store before opening. I was offered the job and began filling out paperwork. I was told that I would start working as soon as I completed a drug test. I was working/training within the week. This was a hurried process because they were trying to get employees for black friday and the holiday season.

Interview Question – Again, they were simply evaluating me very quickly. There were no hard or unexpected questions of any kind. Just the typical experience and schedule questions.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 days, 3 different levels of management. 20 questions each, problem solving.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, very optional.

Richmond, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

Interview Details – There were two formal interviews, and once you get a call back after the 2nd, it's a group orientation. Must pass drug test and must look presentable.

Interview Question – Questions are standard in these cases.. "What can you do to help better our stores?" is probably one of them.   Answer Question

Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online job ad off their website. I was contacted for an interview. I was interviewed by the store manager and he made the decision to hire me on the spot. I was asked to do a drug test at a lab within 2 business days, and told they would do a background check. If they both came back positive they would contact me again about training. I passed both tests, and they contacted me again a few days later about training.

Interview Question – What do you do when you see an employee stealing a candy bar?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a permanent job elsewhere that also was relevant to my degree.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – First meeting is a group interview, randomized questions towards different people after the initial introduction. if called back, you'll be able to have the meeting with the GM instead of a regular shift manager or team lead.

Interview Question – What makes you think you would be a good fit for Best Buy? (Tough question to answer in general.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will get your availability, and always give honest hours instead of "anytime" if you need a day for school or otherwise. They will work you to death during the last two months.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process was both fair and lengthy. I was interviewed by first a subordinate manager, then a supervisor, and then finally a store manager. I was never pressured to give more information than i was willing to provide , nor made to feel uncomfortable. I would absolutely recommend the company to those interested in selloing technology

Interview Question – there were no unexpected or difficult questions   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

Interview Details – Online application was a bit tedious and time consuming. It took me 6 years to get an interview. Luckily I knew someone who recommended me. The interview itself was very easy.

Interview Question – Describe yourself and your selling style in one sentence.   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Department Manager interview (in person). General Manager interview (in person). Orientation, basic, simple, tour of store. Before starting you will have to take some E-Learning quizzes in order to start.

Interview Question – They will ask about recent work history. What you know about technology. What would you do if you caught somebody stealing. Why should they hire you. Then they will ask if you have any questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They did not give me an option. However, if you have a college degree, or a good amount a experience try to negotiate what you think you deserve. I suggest looking up salary information first, to see whats the limit mainly.

D'Iberville, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – The manager that interviewed me was condescending and unprofessional. He came to the interview unprepared, so I had to provide him a pen. No answer seemed "good enough" or "correct enough." Most of the interview questions had absolutely nothing to do with the job or my ability to perform in the capacity needed.

Interview Question – "What is your favorite movie?" ... What, exactly, does that have to do with my job??   View Answer

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!