Best Buy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Applied for job and was called by store asking if I was interested. I said yes and was given date/time to go to store to meet manager.

Hiring manager went through a packet of standard situational questions and took notes based on what I said. Was given positive feedback and was told that they would have me meet with GM (final step in process).

Got form letter message informing me that they were not going forward. Given my background, all I can guess is that I was overqualified and they did not want to hire someone who made easily triple their annual salary as an employee.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation you had with a difficult coworker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

First meeting is a group interview, randomized questions towards different people after the initial introduction. if called back, you'll be able to have the meeting with the GM instead of a regular shift manager or team lead.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you would be a good fit for Best Buy? (Tough question to answer in general.)   View Answer
    They will get your availability, and always give honest hours instead of "anytime" if you need a day for school or otherwise. They will work you to death during the last two months.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

the hiring and interview process was both fair and lengthy. I was interviewed by first a subordinate manager, then a supervisor, and then finally a store manager. I was never pressured to give more information than i was willing to provide , nor made to feel uncomfortable. I would absolutely recommend the company to those interested in selloing technology

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected or difficult questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

The manager that interviewed me was condescending and unprofessional. He came to the interview unprepared, so I had to provide him a pen. No answer seemed "good enough" or "correct enough." Most of the interview questions had absolutely nothing to do with the job or my ability to perform in the capacity needed.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite movie?" ... What, exactly, does that have to do with my job??   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Phone interview. Department Manager interview (in person). General Manager interview (in person). Orientation, basic, simple, tour of store. Before starting you will have to take some E-Learning quizzes in order to start.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about recent work history. What you know about technology. What would you do if you caught somebody stealing. Why should they hire you. Then they will ask if you have any questions.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. They did not give me an option. However, if you have a college degree, or a good amount a experience try to negotiate what you think you deserve. I suggest looking up salary information first, to see whats the limit mainly.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

It very fast and easy during season to get in but always go professional

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

applied via email, received a call to come in for an interview, had a group interview, was offered the position with-in a couple days. Best buy is a decent company to work for, not a great pay check for the most part but you get a pretty good employee discount and the employees were decent as well.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, why you applied to best buy, time when you helped a customer during a difficult situation, previous employment, had to walk around the store and introduce our selves to 5 employees and get their name/position and than talk about them as a group.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, I believe everyone was hired at the same hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

-The first interview went over the phone. When speaking over the phone, always sound like you are excited for that phone call. Usually the first calls lead up to an in-person interview.
    -The second interview went really great. When it comes to a face-to-face interview, dress well, take care of all hygiene problem, and before facing the interview, look up interview questions. Specifically Best Buy interview questions, and practice the answers. That really helped me get to the third interview. Don't forget to have any other questions about work.
    -If you have reached this step, the third interview, you can consider yourself successful. This is extremely important because you are being interviewed by a manager who is wants to hire you. Practice and practice more interview questions, and have extra questions when he asks if you have any questions. Tell him/her that you are really excited for this job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to work at Best Buy?   View Answer
    • If someone steals a pen, would you tell that to the management?   View Answer
    • Name a time you went out of your way for a customer?   View Answer
    I was offered $9.80 and I happily accepted. I hoped at least for $9.50 and considering that the minimum way was a dollar less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Initially It's kind of hard to find an employee. There were no yellow shirt workers at their post and the Customer Service line was long. I opted for a empty cashier, I walked in the store 5 minutes before my interview and it took almost another 20 minutes for the manager to get to me.

The woman was very nice and comfortable to talk with. Overall the interview went very well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question and you didn't know the answer?   View Answer
    None, $9.00 to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Applied online. (Personality test)
    Phone Interview (ask what department you want to work for, how passionate you are about the job & availability)
    1st interview (basic 1:1 interview about 10-15 mins.)
    2nd interview (with the general manager about 15-20 mins.)
    Job offer.