Best Buy Interview Questions in Vineland, NJ

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

I applied for two seperate part-time positions on September 1st and did not receive a call back until November 5th, 2013. I was called and asked to come in for an interview on a day I was scheduled to work. The woman said she would try again later. I did not think that would happen, but I actually came across someone at my workplace who knew the woman who called me.

A few days later, sure enough I was called again and asked to come in on a Saturday. The woman explained they were pulling all the seasonal positions only. I explained I did not apply for seasonal, but would have no problem coming in. She insisted I applied for seasonal. I just dropped it, so it wouldn't create any possible conflicts.

The day of my interview I came in on time and had to wait in front on the store for 20 minutes. All because the manager was on the phone. I noticed him walking around the store on a cell phone. After he was done he came and greeted me and took me to a small office in the back.

The process was extremely fast and only asked questions off a sheet of paper. All were very generic work related questions. Nothing personal and no attempt to get to know me on any kind of level. He did not even ask any secondary questions, after any of my responses. He read them very fast and moved on to the next questions quickly. I spent more time waiting then I did being interviewed. But, at the end he asked me to come in the following day for a 2nd interview with another manager.

The next day was basically the same process. That manager kept to questions off a sheet of paper and almost a majority of them were the same from previous days interview. At the end of the interview he told me, it went great and to expect a call in 2 days.

I waited and never received a phone call. So, after a couple more days, I decided to call. I was greeted on the phone by an associate in a very unprofessional manner. (like he was communicating to one of his buddies) I asked for the manager and explained why I was calling. He put me on hold and came back and told me "dey bizzy" and they would call me later. I never was called back.

So, after seeing the way this business conducts themselves, I decided not to continue following up on my application.

Interview Questions
    • How I would keep or gather more customers and why do I think Best Buy can keep repeat customers?   View Answer