Best Buy

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2011.

Interview Details – Only one interview with the store manager and he signs off if he wants you or not. In this interview you discuss everything from pay, to personality. The interview didn't really question much experience, in my case he asked dumb questions like, "How is your relationship with your father?" etc.. Needless to say he is no longer with the company.

Interview Question – Are your parents divorced?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a little room for negotiating. I would go in asking for more than you want maybe by a dollar or two, because pay caps are high for tablets/computers/geek squad departments, and if you ask to low of a number, thats what you will get.

Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2012.

Interview Details – I honestly walked in for the hell of it to ask if they were hiring since I was studying in the starbucks next door. They recently had a job fair but told me to apply online and to call them once I did that. I had 2 interviews (from what I'm hearing of coworkers they requiire three now). The first interview with with one of the business group managers. Went over my past job experience and customer service. He liked me so much he called me a day later to book my second interview, this time with a general manager from another store since this store had a new manager coming in. The general manager covered customer service with me, what was going to school for and how my previous job experience was like. Asked me typical scenarios on how I handled customer issues and internal theft within the store. Aced the interviews and got hired as a seasonal. Within a year I made full-time. Easy peesy.

Interview Question – What's your best and worst attribute.   View Answer

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out the app online and harass management because they will forget about you if you dont i know its sad but its true.

Interview Question – Give example of how you would deal with a upset customer or fellow emploter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they are pretty set on pay it all depends on education and former work experience. The more you have the more they will pay you.

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details – the usual stuff. just be really confident, shake their hands, make eye contact, and for what ever reason, even if someone stole 10 cents, stealing is against company policy, and should not be tolerated

Interview Question – stealing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – really didn't have a say in the pay. management just said heres the pay, see u monday.

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2011.

Interview Details – There were a total of three interviews, one with the manager of wireless, one with the assistant manager of the company and one with the manager him/herself. They all took about a week and a half to finish and I had an offer within a week of finishing. There is a drug test that must be passed and you must be 18 years old to work in the cell phone department.

Interview Question – Have you every had to work for a boss that you did not see eye to eye with? If so, how did you handle yourself in such a situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation on my part,it was my first job

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Walked in and was asked a few questions by the manager, they offered me a job that day.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Douglasville, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was a brand new company so they got my application from a near by Bestbuy I applied to. a very relaxed interview. The store was still under construction so the interview took place at the near by Starbucks. Very laid back interview with a few situation questions and previous employment. afterwards was offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – If a customer seems uninterested what do you do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wireless Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Great interview process, easy and thorough. Asked great questions relating to the job so I could use my experience. For Mobile stand alone stores, potential employees have one interview but for Big Box Stores, potential employees have two or more interviews with an assistant manager and then the general manager.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating phase as hourly wages are set based upon position.

Miami Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – It whole process was pretty fast, Consisted of three interviews; one phone and two in person. The phone interview is really quick to get a feel of you. The 2nd interview is with a manager and the recruiter in which they ask you several situational questions. The last interview is with the General Manager in which he/she will ask you the same questions. If you pass all that when congrats you have the job! Just make sure your pee is clean!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for best buy? How should you interact with a manager? Do you know how to close a sale? Tell me about a time you dealt with a rude customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's depends on where you're from, so for example I'm in Miami so the they're minimum is 9 an hour. If you put something higher they most likely will give it to you ( 9.25 or 9.50)

Concord, NH

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2011.

Interview Details – I Recieved A Call Back From A Woman In Operations, Who Talked To Me Over The Phone For About 10 Minutes, And Set Me Up With My 1st In Person Interview With The Operations Manager. He Liked Me, And Offered Me A Second Interview With The Best Buy Mobile Manager. She Liked Me, And Offered Me A Job. I Accepted The Offer, And Agreed To A Drug Test, And A Criminal Background Check. I Went For My Drug Test That I Had Passed, And Gave Me A Date To Come In For Orientation.

Interview Questions

• If You Caught A Co-Worker Or A Friend Stealing, Would You Report It?   View Answer
  • How Would You Handle An Angry Customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I Made Sure That Best Buy Was Aware Of My Previous Salary, And Used That To Negotiate A Much Better Hourly Rate Of Pay Then I Would Have Got, If I Didn't Have That Leverage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Wireless Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.