Best Buy Interview Questions in Wisconsin

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days . applied online . got called in the next day for an interview. A day later found out I didn't get the job.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Appleton, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was rather strange to say the least. The questionnaire was different than any other interview that I've had and the questions didn't seem to fit the job description at all.

Interview Questions

• If you see a co worker stealing a bag of candy what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Transaction Assistant Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Menomonee Falls, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

applied online then week later got a call and had a phone interview that went good then set up 2nd interview with store manager arrived early had to wait half an hour then meet store manager asked basic questions work ethic do you pefer to work alone or in a group name a time you did something out of your way then that one went well was told if not contacted in a week i would get a letter in two weeks explaining why i didnt get the position.
    i have no idea WHY I DIDNT GET THE JOB I REALLY DONT KNOW

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to do a project and you had to pay attention to detail very closely   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Madison, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, two face to face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked what the salary would be

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Wausau, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. I was told that it would be 3 interviews but I got to skip the second one. The first interviewer said that he was very impressed with me and my passion for customer service. The third interview was an absolute breeze and I actually ended up joking around with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would react to anger customers and what I would do to make the customer feel better and how I would resolve the issues.   Answer Question

Multi-Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Menomonee Falls, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call scheduling a date for interview. First interview was just a standard sit-down with a few questions about your worth ethic, etc. Nothing too hard.

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Brookfield, WI) in September 2009.

Interview

I was given 2 interviews after my online application. The application took 2-3 hours. Then I was invited for my first interview. My first interview consisted of questions of my previous experiences and a role play exercise. During the role play exercise I had to sell the interviewer a pen. I had to compare and contrast 2 different pens and had to sell him one. The trick is, you have to ask him what he's looking for first. Then explain why one pen meets his requirements better than the other. Then encourage him to buy that pen.

If you do this, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Which of these pens should I buy?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult decision you've had to make in a business setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wage, and my hours required work hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fox Point, WI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Fox Point, WI) in May 2008.

Interview

The interviewer was very disorganized, took a long time to even get the interview, if they were not interested should have just said so or at least make an excuse to not interview me.

EDGE Retail Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Madison, WI) in April 2008.

Interview

There were specific requirements to even be eligible for the position, including being actively enrolled at a college. I met the requirements, applied for the job and submitted to a District Level HR manager. She contacted me via phone, and we discussed the position, and set up a group interview with a General Manager from another Best Buy location (At the time I worked for the company) and herself. The interview process was pretty straight forward, they asked a lot of questions about desire to move up in the company and the desire to be a leader.

Interview Questions

• Do you intend to work here after you attain your degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable