Best Doctors Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

2.7

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Doctors in May 2014.

This entire process was the biggest mind-game. HR brought me in and the hiring manager was a no show. I was asked to come back for another round of interviews and people seemed friendly and interested, yet the hiring manager acted like she was doing me a favor. After interviewing with five people, I never heard back. I was appalled by such behavior considering one takes job applications seriously and if I invest the time in them the least I expect is communication.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Doctors.

The recruiter (Robert Half) told me that Best Doctors did not want a phone screen, but 4 face-to-face interviews on the same day. I took the day off wok and arrived at their office. I interviewed with 2 people for half an hour. Their HR rep then asked me to wait at the reception desk and he proceeded to talk to the 2 interviewers. He returned to me and said that there was some issue at the company and all the other interviews were cancelled. He did not mention any rescheduling. I left and called the recruiter, who said he would call me back with the company feedback. I never heard from any of them again. I basically wasted a vacation day.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2014.

First round:
    Technical Phone Screen. Very soft questions

Second round:
    On-site. Met with a senior developer and the hiring manager. Very soft technically. Everyone seemed very unhappy with their jobs

Third round:
    On-site. Met with another senior developer. Stronger technically but also very unhappy being there. Met with the Development Manager. He seemed under-experienced for his position. There was a long delay until I heard back.

Final round:
    Was supposed to meet with the president of the company as a formality before being offered a job. He cancelled. Then, I received notice that the job was off with no explanation. This was very unprofessional.

Final notes:
    The location is great. Everyone seems frustrated and unhappy. Several developers said they feared for their jobs if they raised concerns about process and/or quality. Developers don't include quality into their process. They're missing experienced leadership.

Overall, I would have liked to work there. I felt I could have made a positive impact in the lives of most people there even though I know it is currently a negative work culture.

Interview Questions
    • In general the job interview process was weak, technically. Most technical questions seemed like they were asking for advice or direction on a current problem they were having.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I met with different people from the different departments and my future team members.

Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in December 2013.

The process involved several phone interviews, including the hiring supervisor as well as internal customers, and also included onsite interviews with peers and management before concluding with human resources. Everyone was quick to note the fast-paced culture, which was demonstrated in somewhat shorter interviews. Everyone's passion shows in each step, however, so the sessions can tend to overflow if you aren't watching the time.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were largely filled with the expected line of questioning - direct, job-related questions, skills assessments, and personality determination.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with my now Manager.
    Scheduled the in-person interview with me for 2-3 weeks later.
    I was scheduled for a 4 hour block of interviews with 4 different people. Very intimidating at first, but after the first meeting, you begin to feel at ease. I felt I was gaining the opportunity to meet with a head of each different department. They were very straight forward with where the company was currently at what their expectations were.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions. Sympathetic to the fact that with 4 interviews in a row, questions were bound to be somewhat repetitive.   Answer Question

RN Member Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2010.

Was hired as remote full time in interview. Later was asked to start coming in to the office.
    Had more experience than the two RN managers that interviewed me.
    HR was too casual and follow up was poor. Waited over 3 weeks with no communication.
    Left a full time job for the chance to work remote.

Interview Questions
    • Could I do an intake??
      Was i willing to work long hours and be available for evenings, weekends? not specific with time.
        Answer Question
    no negotiation with salary. was told my salary was less because i had the chance to work remote.
    When i was asked to come in the office the salary was not reviewed or compensated.

Financial Analyst Interview

First Phone Interview and Second On Site Interview

RN Member Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2010.

Three month process and was interviewed 6 times by various people. During the last interview I shared the number of times I have traveled into the Boston office and was interviewed and that I would like a decision soon since other job offers were on the tablefor me as well. Finally was called same day stating I had the job if i wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • None. I have been in the health care profession for 35 years.I was the most senior nurse with a great deal of clinical experiences this company has ever had. Since being hired the standard was decreased to include nurses with 1 year experience. Very unfortunate.   View Answer
    See above

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Doctors in June 2011.

Informative. 3 people one after the other.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay much. Would rather have temps

Worked for Best Doctors? Contribute to the Community!