Best Doctors

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Architect Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round:
Technical Phone Screen. Very soft questions

Second round:
On-site. Met with a senior developer and the hiring manager. Very soft technically. Everyone seemed very unhappy with their jobs

Third round:
On-site. Met with another senior developer. Stronger technically but also very unhappy being there. Met with the Development Manager. He seemed under-experienced for his position. There was a long delay until I heard back.

Final round:
Was supposed to meet with the president of the company as a formality before being offered a job. He cancelled. Then, I received notice that the job was off with no explanation. This was very unprofessional.

Final notes:
The location is great. Everyone seems frustrated and unhappy. Several developers said they feared for their jobs if they raised concerns about process and/or quality. Developers don't include quality into their process. They're missing experienced leadership.

Overall, I would have liked to work there. I felt I could have made a positive impact in the lives of most people there even though I know it is currently a negative work culture.

Interview Question – In general the job interview process was weak, technically. Most technical questions seemed like they were asking for advice or direction on a current problem they were having.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at Best Doctors

Interview Details – I met with different people from the different departments and my future team members.

Interview Question – I was asked the Pros and cons about my old Director.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process involved several phone interviews, including the hiring supervisor as well as internal customers, and also included onsite interviews with peers and management before concluding with human resources. Everyone was quick to note the fast-paced culture, which was demonstrated in somewhat shorter interviews. Everyone's passion shows in each step, however, so the sessions can tend to overflow if you aren't watching the time.

Interview Question – The interviews were largely filled with the expected line of questioning - direct, job-related questions, skills assessments, and personality determination.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Training Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with my now Manager.
Scheduled the in-person interview with me for 2-3 weeks later.
I was scheduled for a 4 hour block of interviews with 4 different people. Very intimidating at first, but after the first meeting, you begin to feel at ease. I felt I was gaining the opportunity to meet with a head of each different department. They were very straight forward with where the company was currently at what their expectations were.

Interview Question – General interview questions. Sympathetic to the fact that with 4 interviews in a row, questions were bound to be somewhat repetitive.   Answer Question

RN Member Advocate Interview

RN Member Advocate
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired as remote full time in interview. Later was asked to start coming in to the office.
Had more experience than the two RN managers that interviewed me.
HR was too casual and follow up was poor. Waited over 3 weeks with no communication.
Left a full time job for the chance to work remote.

Interview Question – Could I do an intake??
Was i willing to work long hours and be available for evenings, weekends? not specific with time.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation with salary. was told my salary was less because i had the chance to work remote.
When i was asked to come in the office the salary was not reviewed or compensated.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Best Doctors

Interview Details – First Phone Interview and Second On Site Interview

Interview Question – No Difficult Questions   Answer Question

RN Member Advocate Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Best Doctors in February 2010.

Interview Details – Three month process and was interviewed 6 times by various people. During the last interview I shared the number of times I have traveled into the Boston office and was interviewed and that I would like a decision soon since other job offers were on the tablefor me as well. Finally was called same day stating I had the job if i wanted it.

Interview Question – None. I have been in the health care profession for 35 years.I was the most senior nurse with a great deal of clinical experiences this company has ever had. Since being hired the standard was decreased to include nurses with 1 year experience. Very unfortunate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – See above

Finance Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Doctors in June 2011.

Interview Details – Informative. 3 people one after the other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They do not pay much. Would rather have temps

Marketing Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Doctors in November 2011.

Interview Details – First was the phone interview, then was asked to come in for a 5 person interview (was there for almost 4 hours). Each person asked different questions & by they end they could tell I was out of gas. I thought I had great meetings with each & was excited about the possibility of getting the position. Sadly, I did not get the job. I never heard from HR, I had to contact them weeks later to see if I was still being considered. They should've contacted me & told me why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Doctors in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the receptionist/HR assistant who was very nice.

I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview. I met with the HR rep, the dept director, a dept manager, then the person in the current position before I was asked to complete a quick skills assessment (3 hours + in the office). Interview questions were mostly situational questions, I remember being asked how to choose between two equally important priorities how do I choose?

For the skills assessment, I was given 10 minutes to create an org chart in Powerpoint and insert some graphics. I was also asked to jazz up and edit a 2-page handout sheet. In ten minutes I felt a little rushed to do both activities.

That evening, I was asked to complete a personality assessment online that asked what I thought of myself, listing about 50 character traits where I selected boxes. The second portion of the assessment asked what I thought others thought of me, with the same 50 character traits.

I did not hear back from the recruiter for several weeks when they said they were looking for someone to start immediately (Providing 2 weeks notice to my current employer is asking too much?), it was a cop-out response.

Overall seems like a good company to work for with a lot of opportunity. I heard great things about the director's ability to empower her staff and department.

Interview Question – How do you choose between two equally important, urgent tasks?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Best Doctors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Doctors interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Doctors employees and interview candidates.