Best Doctors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.7

Case Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, took a couple of days for the initial contact.

First screening : interviewed by the Human Resources via a phone call which lasted 15 minutes before offered to come for an on-site interview.

Second screening: Arrived at the company, was told to contact a staff member, who did not show up. ended up waited 15 minutes for the supervisors to arrive and was interviewed by 2 people. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The whole interview process took an hour.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Doctors.

Interview

I received a response rather quickly after submitting my resume. However, the interview wasn't much to be desired. I interviewed with 3 people and have not heard a word back after a month. I reached out and still nothing. I respect everyone's time and expect the same respect in return. People who come for interviews also take time out of their day, not just the interviewer. So whether or not I'm offered the job, a quick rejection email will show that I was received as an individual. I can only imagine how they treat their own employees.

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

This entire process was the biggest mind-game. HR brought me in and the hiring manager was a no show. I was asked to come back for another round of interviews and people seemed friendly and interested, yet the hiring manager acted like she was doing me a favor. After interviewing with five people, I never heard back. I was appalled by such behavior considering one takes job applications seriously and if I invest the time in them the least I expect is communication.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA).

Interview

The recruiter (Robert Half) told me that Best Doctors did not want a phone screen, but 4 face-to-face interviews on the same day. I took the day off wok and arrived at their office. I interviewed with 2 people for half an hour. Their HR rep then asked me to wait at the reception desk and he proceeded to talk to the 2 interviewers. He returned to me and said that there was some issue at the company and all the other interviews were cancelled. He did not mention any rescheduling. I left and called the recruiter, who said he would call me back with the company feedback. I never heard from any of them again. I basically wasted a vacation day.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I met with different people from the different departments and my future team members.

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round:
    Technical Phone Screen. Very soft questions

Second round:
    On-site. Met with a senior developer and the hiring manager. Very soft technically. Everyone seemed very unhappy with their jobs

Third round:
    On-site. Met with another senior developer. Stronger technically but also very unhappy being there. Met with the Development Manager. He seemed under-experienced for his position. There was a long delay until I heard back.

Final round:
    Was supposed to meet with the president of the company as a formality before being offered a job. He cancelled. Then, I received notice that the job was off with no explanation. This was very unprofessional.

Final notes:
    The location is great. Everyone seems frustrated and unhappy. Several developers said they feared for their jobs if they raised concerns about process and/or quality. Developers don't include quality into their process. They're missing experienced leadership.

Overall, I would have liked to work there. I felt I could have made a positive impact in the lives of most people there even though I know it is currently a negative work culture.

Interview Questions

• In general the job interview process was weak, technically. Most technical questions seemed like they were asking for advice or direction on a current problem they were having.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First Phone Interview and Second On Site Interview

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with my now Manager.
    Scheduled the in-person interview with me for 2-3 weeks later.
    I was scheduled for a 4 hour block of interviews with 4 different people. Very intimidating at first, but after the first meeting, you begin to feel at ease. I felt I was gaining the opportunity to meet with a head of each different department. They were very straight forward with where the company was currently at what their expectations were.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Sympathetic to the fact that with 4 interviews in a row, questions were bound to be somewhat repetitive.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Doctors in December 2013.

Interview

The process involved several phone interviews, including the hiring supervisor as well as internal customers, and also included onsite interviews with peers and management before concluding with human resources. Everyone was quick to note the fast-paced culture, which was demonstrated in somewhat shorter interviews. Everyone's passion shows in each step, however, so the sessions can tend to overflow if you aren't watching the time.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were largely filled with the expected line of questioning - direct, job-related questions, skills assessments, and personality determination.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

First was the phone interview, then was asked to come in for a 5 person interview (was there for almost 4 hours). Each person asked different questions & by they end they could tell I was out of gas. I thought I had great meetings with each & was excited about the possibility of getting the position. Sadly, I did not get the job. I never heard from HR, I had to contact them weeks later to see if I was still being considered. They should've contacted me & told me why I didn't get it.