Best Western

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

1.9

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Western.

You'll start off with a call from a recruiter who will do a short pre-screen interview with you over the phone. They'll just ask about your general work experience to make sure you are what you say you are on your resume. After that they'll schedule an interview with two mangers of the department. The interview isn't that hard as long as you have the skills and experience they're looking for. Standard interview questions, background check, and drug test. Your normal run through.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. They just asked about my previous experience with digital marketing and your standard interview questions. Just know your stuff about SEO and answer intelligently.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Western.

Just basic questions about what you're looking for and what they're looking for and what the job entails. Casual and conversational. Pretty honest interview. Tell you straight up how much work you will be doing for how little pay you get.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable going up into guests rooms alone at night?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Assistant Manager of the front desk took me into the restaurant. Did the interview there. Took about 25 minutes. Asked about former jobs, why I'd want to work there. Pay range given up front.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask anything difficult. How are you with people? How do you handle long hours?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Western.

The manager at the time made me feel comfortable and she was very professional and pleasant. She made the job worth wanting and she was amazing to work with.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

I filled out an application on a Tuesday. One week later at 4pm had interview with GM and Manger in the conference room at the same time. They were very friendly and asked about 5/6 standard interview questions. They called me back later than evening and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you can an angry customer, phones ringing off the hook, and busy lobby?   View Answer
    • What are TWO weaknesses?   View Answer
    They offered me a low wage. I asked for a dollar more, but then they raised their offered up to their the maximum start rate up 50 cents.

Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

I applied online, about 1 week later I received a call offering an interview opportunity the next day.

I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early. I was seen immediately in a meeting room. It was a fairly straightforward interview, asking about my experience. I volunteered that I am able to multi-task and the manager affirmed that quality was needed. Discussion about the job and pay range was offered ($9-10/hr). Probationary period is 30 days, after which time they offered a $.50/hr increase.

The do explain that the job is related to checking customers in, but you will also be responsible for breakfast cleanup and keeping the laundry going.

I do feel like the manager liked my experience and phone conversation, so the interview was just to make sure I wasn't crazy or a pothead.

I requested a higher pay due to my experience and negotiated a higher rate after the first 30 days.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Western in March 2014.

I applied for the front desk position 6 months before I got a phone call. When I got the call, I spoke with the manager who was very nice but I could tell he was eager to fill the position right away. So naturally I accepted. He wanted me to start ASAP, so from the call on Friday, I started that coming Monday.

On Monday I can in that night at 11pm for the Night Audit position, and met with the front desk manager. she was very nice and welcoming. We went over my application and resume. I also filled out those pesky tax papers LOL. While she was reading through it, I was telling her about my extensive background in the hospitality industry.

Once she finished talking with me about my background she asked me a few questions (which I stated in the next section). Next she started walking me through the check-in process and gave me a manual to look through, which took about 20 minutes for me to kind of get the hang of it (some what). She gave me a few test check-in/check-outs to go through, but she clearly explained that it would take some time for me to get used to doing it on my own.

Next she took me to the kitchen to show me how to start prepping for breakfast in the morning. She knew that since I told her I had 4 years of restaurant experience that this would be easy for me to catch on, and it was.

After setting out and cooking the breakfast items, (believe it or not) the 8 hour shift was almost over. I came back to train some more over the next two days.

I didn't actually meet the hotel manager until the third day, which was kind of interesting for me. because when he met me, it was as though we had already been acquainted and I was part of the Best Western family.

Oh as a side note: They also informed me of the employee reward program and things of that matter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry? and describe your most difficult situation.   View Answer
    I was offered minimum wage to start out with, only because they had a few other people to quit after a day or two. Then the manager told me he would raise my pay after a few weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Western in March 2014.

I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email the next day asking me to come in for an interview. They only asked me if I had customer service experience, and asked for certain experience from my previous jobs. My interview lasted for literally 5 minutes, and the next day they offered me the job. I started training about four days after that.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. It's minimum wage or nothing.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Western.

Standard questions.

Front Desk/Night Audit Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Western.

Turn in your application and you will get a call later on to interview with the owner of the hotel. He or she will decide if they can trust you to do the work necessary.