Best Western Night Auditor Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Western in March 2014.

I applied for the front desk position 6 months before I got a phone call. When I got the call, I spoke with the manager who was very nice but I could tell he was eager to fill the position right away. So naturally I accepted. He wanted me to start ASAP, so from the call on Friday, I started that coming Monday.

On Monday I can in that night at 11pm for the Night Audit position, and met with the front desk manager. she was very nice and welcoming. We went over my application and resume. I also filled out those pesky tax papers LOL. While she was reading through it, I was telling her about my extensive background in the hospitality industry.

Once she finished talking with me about my background she asked me a few questions (which I stated in the next section). Next she started walking me through the check-in process and gave me a manual to look through, which took about 20 minutes for me to kind of get the hang of it (some what). She gave me a few test check-in/check-outs to go through, but she clearly explained that it would take some time for me to get used to doing it on my own.

Next she took me to the kitchen to show me how to start prepping for breakfast in the morning. She knew that since I told her I had 4 years of restaurant experience that this would be easy for me to catch on, and it was.

After setting out and cooking the breakfast items, (believe it or not) the 8 hour shift was almost over. I came back to train some more over the next two days.

I didn't actually meet the hotel manager until the third day, which was kind of interesting for me. because when he met me, it was as though we had already been acquainted and I was part of the Best Western family.

Oh as a side note: They also informed me of the employee reward program and things of that matter.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry? and describe your most difficult situation.   View Answer
I was offered minimum wage to start out with, only because they had a few other people to quit after a day or two. Then the manager told me he would raise my pay after a few weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Western

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Western.

For me, getting this position was incredibly easy, because it is not an easy position to fill. The property had just opened, and my friend was the full-time night auditor. When the part-time person quit, I applied, and my friend informed management that I would be a wise choice because I'm a night person, reliable, capable, and a fast learner. Getting to the full-time position was as simple as saying "Yes" when the previous person said he was leaving.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know how to answer this question, because I've never had any difficult questions for any job other than one IT support position.   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Western.

Previous experience and give detailed explainations about CV. Interviewer told about work structure .

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable. Low pay but lots of career development.

Night Auditor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Western in September 2010.

They have a very high turnover and go through periods of being short staffed so tend to hire impulsively. I set up the interview with the Manager but actually interviewed with the Assistant Manager and HK Manager. Chatted for about 20 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot to start the next day.

It really wasn't much of an interview but more along the lines of going over the job description.

Interview Questions
    The pay here sucks and if you are looking for a company you can advance in this is not the place for you. It is very rare for a front desk employee or housekeeping to reach $9.00