Bet365

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bet365 in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 2 chaps, 1 a team leader and the other his manager. Lots of questions about my background, technical test, practical test and written test. Both were very rude, the team leader in particular. Would ask a question then just look outside or at his watch, not paying any attention to the answers i was providing. Neither cracked a smile during the whole 90 minutes. Was a very stale and intense atmosphere.

Interview Question – Most were typical textbook questions. No major surprises.   Answer Question

Account Advisor Interview

Account Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bet365.

Interview Details – Shortly after applying online I was contacted by their HR department and we scheduled a telephone interview for the following day. When I asked when I can expect their call I was told that they would call me "in the afternoon", which is a bit vague for my taste. Here are some of the questions I was asked:

- Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
- What languages do you speak?
- Have you ever worked in Customer Services?
- What do you think is the most important attribute for an account advisor?
- How do you feel about relocating?

All in all, nothing unexpected I would say. Then, I was told about the job and what it embraces.

However, throughout the interview, for some reason, I had a feeling that they were not really interested. I felt like the caller talked to me because someone else had told them to call me. I was told that they would let me know within 14 days. It has been over 2 weeks and I have not been contacted. Although I did not expect an offer from Bet365, having spent a couple of hours filling in an application, writing a letter of motivation and talking to them over the phone, I would expect them to devote 30 seconds of their time to send me an email. Taking into account all this and the fact that Bet365 does not have very good reviews on GlassDoor, even if they offered me a job, I would most likely decline.

Interview Question – I was not asked any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bet365 in July 2013.

Interview Details – There is a reason the wages are not advertised. I tried in several occasions even after the telephone interview to find out what they were and was refused to know. I went to the interview and to my horror discovered it was £6.70. The maths test was ridiculously hard and not made easier but the 20 something spotty oinks running the evening. I would rather sign on than work for this company.

Interview Question – Have I ever lost my temper was a question. Once I found out the salary I nearly did!!!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because the company is unstable and could be sold any minute plus they were not honest about the awful wages

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bet365 in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had 15 minuite telephone interview today for a customer service advisor role at Stoke-on-Trent.

Questions are relativly easy, i got asked:
What do you know of company?
Why do you want to work for us?
What is your numeracy like?
Are you planning on staying in Staffordshire?
Give example of a difficult customer and how you dealt with it, how did it make you feel?
Give example of when you have excelled yourself, gone the extra mile?
Give example of a time when you have been confidentual?
I thought i would put my experience of the interview on here to help others.
I dont know if i am through to next stage yet ( hense me putting `offer declined`), im waiting to hear back from them as only had interview today.
 If i do get through i go to an open evening at Stoke-on-Trent where i get told more info on role and complete a numeracy and PC test then i think a 1 to 1 interview.
I will say the hours are very unsocialable, i got told its 40hr week, including 3 weekends out of 4 inc Sundays. Earliest start can be 7am and latest finish is 11pm.
There is however ways to work up in the company, which is good and i also think the pay is very good but have not been told exactly how much.
I hope this helps people who are wondering what the telephone stage is like and what to expect.
Good luck

Interview Question – Give example of a time when you have been confidentual?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not had offer yet, waiting to hear back from them, only did telephone interview today.

Gaming Accounts Advisor Interview

Gaming Accounts Advisor
Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bet365 in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, I applied for a position at Bet365 on their website and received communication back from them via email and then had a short telephone interview that we very brief. I was then invited in for a face to face interview in which I was interviewed by two Team Leaders.

During the interview I was asked questions about how my previous roles and ways in which skills I had learned were transferable to the role at Bet365. After about 45 minutes of questioning, I was then given 10 minutes to complete a maths test and another 10 minutes to type an email response to a hypothetical question as an exam on my computer skills.

Interview Question – "Have you ever been asked to do something by someone in a management position that you disagreed with and if so, how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Sports & Financial Analyst Interview

Sports & Financial Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bet365 in August 2011.

Interview Details – Completed a phone interview with 3 members of the team. They were very helpful and the interview was not very formal. I was asked a lot of competency questions, but help was offered when I was stuck at points.

I was then invited to complete a 1:1 Interview and then a 3:1 interview and presentation on site. This was more difficult as the questions were far more demanding, and though I struggled with a few overall I felt quite good about it.

The ethos in the office seemed exactly what I was interested in getting involved with, and the people seemed exceptionally bright and interesting.

Interview Question – If the world was to end tomorrow, which option would be more expensive? An in-the-money American Put with 2 weeks to expiry? An at-the-money European Call with 3 days to expiry? Or an Asian out of the money call with 12 days to expiry?   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bet365 in October 2010.

Interview Details – Replied to a recruiter advert for a Head of Quant Analysis role. Head of Technology and Head of Sport Betting interviewed me. There were a few questions about my experience with sport and financial betting models, and I got the impression that there was not a lot of structure or clarity of purpose. Saw the working environment - 6-8 people crammed into a room a little bigger than my home office. Wasn't made an offer, and would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bet365 in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online & got throught the phone Interview & was invited to do a maths tests and a basic computer test.

The maths tests was all about percentages IE what is 5% of 30.00 . ( Ther were approxmately 20 of them)
A time table sums that you have to use your head for & you are timed. You haveave 8 miniutes too complete the maths.

Then a basic pc test where you have a brochure on screen & a peice of paper on desk with 5 customers you have to find the correct holiday for & use a calculator to get price.
Quiet easy that one, That you have 12 minutes too complete.

Pay is really good at £ 7.16 per hour going up too £8.05 after 12 weeks training.

You are paid 4 weekly & have a bonus scheme if you are not off sick in a 4 week period.

Also hours worked after 6.30pm weekends & nights are time and a half at £12.08 per hour.

Bank holidays are double time.

after 13 weeks service you are entitled too a pension plan & the company will match your annual wage at 5%.

Too get this good pay your obvously expected too work for it . As the hours are un-socialable so you'll be working every weekend in 6, with one off. Night shifts Ie 2pm-11pm then you could be back in at 8am-2pm.

So they are getting there moneys worth.

If you are good at mental arthemteic & have no kids then this is ideal.

They also mentioned the weekend you do have off you are expected too go on a '' Pub day''
With your team leader, Great if you have no partner which most of teh younger ppl that look like they work there dont have.

the interview tests ate average, not basic maths so if you go for it study your mental artmetic for few days first, if maths insn't your strong point.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Hate call centre enviroments & want too see my partner instead as he works 9-5. Don't want too leave my 9-5 job for this.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bet365? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bet365 interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bet365 employees and interview candidates.