Betfair

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Louisville, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Betfair in October 2011.

Interview Details – Betfair appears to be a great company to work for. Their managers and talent acquisition people are direct, honest, and intelligent (e.g., they ask probing questions which indicates the types of smart people that work there). It is rare that an internal corporate recruiter not only call with the results of the decision, but to provide substantive feedback. I wish them all the best in growing the business in the US.

Interview Question – What are the successes of your career?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in October 2013.

Interview Details – The office was nice and everyone seemed very friendly. Questions are tough but fair mostly to do with sports and their exchange. The exam where you have to answer questions like who won the Champions league is hard when you aren’t expecting the questions. Overall sports questions let me down a lot.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Betfair in March 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – questions were relevant to the industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – excellent

Assistant Trader Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application before completing a phone screening which mostly focused on my CV and skills. Subsequently invited to a face to face interview where I was given a brief sports quiz and simple numerical ability questions. Largely competency based interview questions.

Interview Question – How would you price the win-draw-win market on a Real Madrid vs Barcelona game?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Betfair in June 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy, took 3 months from first interview until offer.

Interview Question – Cannot remember anything in particular, however the line manager spoke for a lot of the time so the questions were limited   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depends on the line manager hiring on whether you can negotiate

TimeForm Radio Producer Interview

Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Betfair in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Talent Acquisition manager who interviewed me by phone. This went well and a face-to-face was arranged. The rest included lack of contact and chasing them. I never met the original caller despite saying she would introduce me to the Heads of department and in the interview process it was made obvious it was more procedure than any real intent to employ anyone from the "outside".

Interview Question – 12 specific questions on Horse Racing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Betfair.

Interview Details – The position was found through a recruiter. She said that they were interested in a person with my skills and knowledge, so a phone interview was arranged. It was a really pleasant talk, out of the few phone interviews I enjoyed. I guess it was their point of view too, as they asked for a face-to-face interview. I'm not situated in UK, so I asked if it was the final step and the recruiter told me it was, so I did the trip. There I talked initially with two people from the team, with a variety of questions, from business to more technical ones. Then I had a brief meeting with the HR Manager and I was informed that this was not the final step, but if I passed I had to talk with a stakeholder, which was a bit of a surprise..I returned back home and after one week I was informed that I didn't get the job...and actually noone has, they would still continue the search. I do have a bitter taste, especially because of the trip, but you always gain something good from every interview you go through.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a t-test and chi-square test?   View Answer

Commercial Strategy Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was disorganised but the staff were friendly. I thought that I was going to attend a one hour interview but instead I had 4 one hour interviews with different members of staff, followed by an online aptitude test. If the HR department had been more organised I could have done the online aptitude test at home prior to the interview,and then had one panel interview with 4 staff lasting one hour.

Interview Question – What are the tax issues facing eGaming companies.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Interview

Commercial Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Betfair.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews the first was pretty easy. Questions asked at the 1st interview included; "Tell us what you know about the company" and, "tell us what you know about the role and what transferable skills you have in-order to be successful in the role?"

Interview Question – suggest a way in which the company can increase its turnover?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Betfair in August 2011.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone. We stepped through the interview basics really, bit about the role, why the position became open, then we delved into questions about my experience and attitudes, overall I felt positive about the interview experience.

The second interview was face to face at betfair. The first guy was very abrasive and described the culture as somewhere that people will try and catch you out, try and pull the wool over your eyes (akin to his exact words), it came across as an environment that was utterly unsupportive. The next two guys were more pleasant, but only just. I was asked back for a third interview but declined, the impression I left with meant there was no way I wanted to join a team that seemed more like a politics laden snake pit.

Interview Question – What is a point?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Betfair? Contribute to the Community!

Betfair – Why Work for Us?

Passionate about sport. Innovative in our approach. Ready to be amazed. Betfair is a different sort of betting business. There are many parts to the Betfair story; market-changing products, technological innovation, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Betfair interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Betfair employees and interview candidates.