Betfair Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, First step with hiring manager and then second interview (not selected for the last round). overall process was very good and despite not ending with an offer it was a very good experience. be prepared, especially on KPIs and performance analysis, but also the PPT was very important. as as as as as as as a sas as a sas as as

Interview Questions

• KPIs exercise with a PPT based on an excel sent 1 week in advance   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief telephone interview covering my previous work experience, some basic programming questions and a couple of behavioral ones. Next stage was to do a programming test at my own time. Final stage was a face to face interview at Hammersmith Headquarters. It consisted of three parts, covering lots of behavioral questions (what would you do if x happened or tell us one time that you faced x problem and how you dealt with it) and programming questions regarding the programming test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us if you ever had a disagreement with a colleague of your and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

First contact was a phone call come suitability test which was very simple. I was then asked for a face to face interview. The two interviewers were sound, astute people and gave me a good feel of what the company was about. Had fifteen minutes to do a few tests then the standard interview questions started.

TimeForm Radio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Betfair (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Talent Acquisition manager who interviewed me by phone. This went well and a face-to-face was arranged. The rest included lack of contact and chasing them. I never met the original caller despite saying she would introduce me to the Heads of department and in the interview process it was made obvious it was more procedure than any real intent to employ anyone from the "outside".

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The position was found through a recruiter. She said that they were interested in a person with my skills and knowledge, so a phone interview was arranged. It was a really pleasant talk, out of the few phone interviews I enjoyed. I guess it was their point of view too, as they asked for a face-to-face interview. I'm not situated in UK, so I asked if it was the final step and the recruiter told me it was, so I did the trip. There I talked initially with two people from the team, with a variety of questions, from business to more technical ones. Then I had a brief meeting with the HR Manager and I was informed that this was not the final step, but if I passed I had to talk with a stakeholder, which was a bit of a surprise..I returned back home and after one week I was informed that I didn't get the job...and actually noone has, they would still continue the search. I do have a bitter taste, especially because of the trip, but you always gain something good from every interview you go through.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a t-test and chi-square test?   1 Answer

Commercial Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was disorganised but the staff were friendly. I thought that I was going to attend a one hour interview but instead I had 4 one hour interviews with different members of staff, followed by an online aptitude test. If the HR department had been more organised I could have done the online aptitude test at home prior to the interview,and then had one panel interview with 4 staff lasting one hour.

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 2 interviews the first was pretty easy. Questions asked at the 1st interview included; "Tell us what you know about the company" and, "tell us what you know about the role and what transferable skills you have in-order to be successful in the role?"

Interview Questions

• suggest a way in which the company can increase its turnover?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

Very fast process, two weeks from being contacted by a staff agent to receiving the contract. The first interview was over the phone (45 min) and the second one was a 1:1 with 2 people (1hr each). Plenty of behavioural questions, a scenario was setup and my answers led into the next one. They were interested on how did I solve problems and face difficult people, the people who interviewed me were dynamic, enthusiastic and straight forward in all their questions. I was encouraged to ask as many questions as I wanted and they gave me a very good insight on what to expect from the role and the main challenges I will be facing.

Interview Questions

• If I ask your current boss, what will he say are your 3 main strengths?   Answer Question
    • One of your project resources didn't finish the task he was assigned on the day he promised. This is delaying your project, what would you do? - Every time I gave an answer he added another obstacle   Answer Question

Negotiation

Personally I don't like to negotiate, therefore I was very clear from the beginning on what I want and they gave it to me without any hesitation. Every doubt I have about the contract was answered the same day by different teams, they don't waste time!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

it took them 10 days to arrange a telephone interview. Telephone interview was average, I didn't fail any questions and at the end of the interview I was told that it was positive. After a week I sent an email asking if there was any updates. And I was told that the telephone interview was negative. I would stay away from them.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Betfair (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone. We stepped through the interview basics really, bit about the role, why the position became open, then we delved into questions about my experience and attitudes, overall I felt positive about the interview experience. The second interview was face to face at betfair. The first guy was very abrasive and described the culture as somewhere that people will try and catch you out, try and pull the wool over your eyes (akin to his exact words), it came across as an environment that was utterly unsupportive. The next two guys were more pleasant, but only just. I was asked back for a third interview but declined, the impression I left with meant there was no way I wanted to join a team that seemed more like a politics laden snake pit.