Betfair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Betfair in March 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – questions were relevant to the industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – excellent

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Betfair in June 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy, took 3 months from first interview until offer.

Interview Question – Cannot remember anything in particular, however the line manager spoke for a lot of the time so the questions were limited   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depends on the line manager hiring on whether you can negotiate

TimeForm Radio Producer Interview

TimeForm Radio Producer
Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Betfair in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Talent Acquisition manager who interviewed me by phone. This went well and a face-to-face was arranged. The rest included lack of contact and chasing them. I never met the original caller despite saying she would introduce me to the Heads of department and in the interview process it was made obvious it was more procedure than any real intent to employ anyone from the "outside".

Interview Question – 12 specific questions on Horse Racing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Betfair.

Interview Details – The position was found through a recruiter. She said that they were interested in a person with my skills and knowledge, so a phone interview was arranged. It was a really pleasant talk, out of the few phone interviews I enjoyed. I guess it was their point of view too, as they asked for a face-to-face interview. I'm not situated in UK, so I asked if it was the final step and the recruiter told me it was, so I did the trip. There I talked initially with two people from the team, with a variety of questions, from business to more technical ones. Then I had a brief meeting with the HR Manager and I was informed that this was not the final step, but if I passed I had to talk with a stakeholder, which was a bit of a surprise..I returned back home and after one week I was informed that I didn't get the job...and actually noone has, they would still continue the search. I do have a bitter taste, especially because of the trip, but you always gain something good from every interview you go through.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a t-test and chi-square test?   View Answer

Commercial Strategy Analyst Interview

Commercial Strategy Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was disorganised but the staff were friendly. I thought that I was going to attend a one hour interview but instead I had 4 one hour interviews with different members of staff, followed by an online aptitude test. If the HR department had been more organised I could have done the online aptitude test at home prior to the interview,and then had one panel interview with 4 staff lasting one hour.

Interview Question – What are the tax issues facing eGaming companies.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Interview

Commercial Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Betfair.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews the first was pretty easy. Questions asked at the 1st interview included; "Tell us what you know about the company" and, "tell us what you know about the role and what transferable skills you have in-order to be successful in the role?"

Interview Question – suggest a way in which the company can increase its turnover?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Scrum Master
Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Betfair in August 2011.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone. We stepped through the interview basics really, bit about the role, why the position became open, then we delved into questions about my experience and attitudes, overall I felt positive about the interview experience.

The second interview was face to face at betfair. The first guy was very abrasive and described the culture as somewhere that people will try and catch you out, try and pull the wool over your eyes (akin to his exact words), it came across as an environment that was utterly unsupportive. The next two guys were more pleasant, but only just. I was asked back for a third interview but declined, the impression I left with meant there was no way I wanted to join a team that seemed more like a politics laden snake pit.

Interview Question – What is a point?   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very fast process, two weeks from being contacted by a staff agent to receiving the contract.

The first interview was over the phone (45 min) and the second one was a 1:1 with 2 people (1hr each).

Plenty of behavioural questions, a scenario was setup and my answers led into the next one.
They were interested on how did I solve problems and face difficult people, the people who interviewed me were dynamic, enthusiastic and straight forward in all their questions.

I was encouraged to ask as many questions as I wanted and they gave me a very good insight on what to expect from the role and the main challenges I will be facing.

Interview Questions

• If I ask your current boss, what will he say are your 3 main strengths?   Answer Question
  • One of your project resources didn't finish the task he was assigned on the day he promised. This is delaying your project, what would you do? - Every time I gave an answer he added another obstacle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Personally I don't like to negotiate, therefore I was very clear from the beginning on what I want and they gave it to me without any hesitation.

Every doubt I have about the contract was answered the same day by different teams, they don't waste time!

Manager Interview

Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Betfair in June 2011.

Interview Details – very processional, informative and enthusiastic. The process challenged me and my thought process. The nature of the questioning gave no doubt i had to be truthful and factual with my answers there was no hiding place for embellishment

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about your last job, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professional and Considerate. There was a real sense to understand my personal motivation and needs whilst being transparent in the process followed

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Betfair in August 2011.

Interview Details – it took them 10 days to arrange a telephone interview.
Telephone interview was average, I didn't fail any questions and at the end of the interview I was told that it was positive.
After a week I sent an email asking if there was any updates. And I was told that the telephone interview was negative.
I would stay away from them.

Interview Question – difference between interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Worked for Betfair? Contribute to the Community!