Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Clinical Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Fairly easy interview process, involving multiple interviewers. The interviews themselves weren't too difficult. All interviews were with various people in a wide variety of roles in the department (RNs, MDs, etc). Dress well and do your homework.

Medical Billing and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in October 2014.

I was late for the interview despite leaving 2 hours prior but they were so understanding and I kept apologizing but they kept telling me that they understood. They immediately made me feel better. Katelynn in HR couldn't have been nicer, she explained the benefits and the culture of BIDMC. Then I met with the administrative director who was impeccably dressed, but so friendly. We actually shared a few laughs. When she explained the job to me it was far more interesting to me than how the recruiter described. Than I met with my office mate and counterpart to the position. Also incredibly nice! I really wanted that position after the interview. It seemed like an excellent fit for both of us (the department and myself).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations needed. They offered me an excellent salary, right in the ball park of what I wanted and needed to make the commute work.

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Had a phone interview with recruiter and one in-person interview with the recruiter, Director, and colleague. Everyone was nice and welcoming and willing to answer any questions about this position. Also gave good insight into the job duties. Especially appreciated the information that was provided by the recruiter during the in-person interview in regards to employee benefits/costs and parking information. It was nice to have that information to consider in advance. Was informed by the recruiter in a timely manner that I was not selected for the position.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in January 2014.

Inventory Ctrl Mgr was a moron. Asked stupid non-relative questions. He even admitted that the work was long and tedious because of current staffing levels. The pay-scale equates to the of Burger King

Interview Questions

I spoke with a few employees and found the IS Dept. poorly understaffed, pay-rate was ridiculous. Management is poorly run.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

Phone interview with HR, in person interview with interviewee. Straight forward process, not many questions asked.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

It was quick, informative and simple. Be specific with relatable experiences during the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just given a salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

I was placed through a temp agency. After six months of temping for about $13/hour, I was called in for a meeting wherein I was interviewed for a full time permanent position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you commit at least five years to this position?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation - the economy was terrible at the time, so it was a take it or leave it situation

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in March 2012.

Was invited to come to the lab twice and was asked to do a project.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a project on Bioinformatics for NGS analysis   View Answer
    No negotiations possible

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in April 2011.

Great interview process

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in February 2011.

I had the first phone interview with a hiring manager at 9:40pm. I was totally unprepared as it was late at night and I was not expected the phone call. The interview last about 20 minutes. The hiring manager asked me to introduce myself, talk about my education background and my research experience, toward the end of the interview he took a little bit of time to explain his research area. Two days later, I heard from HR, they want to schedule an face to face interview. There is not much in the face to face interview. The hiring manager recapped on what we had talked on the phone and explained a little bit more on his research area. The interview only took about half an hour long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your limitation?   View Answer
    • The hiring manager might ask you to talk about your research techniques, for example, how does PCR work?   View Answer