Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
www.bidmc.org Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Interview Questions & Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant
Brookline, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and was immediately sent back an email to fill out a questionnaire assessment that took about 15-20 min to fill out. Once that was submitted I was contacted by HR after 3 days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 10 min and was a very basic interview, no hard questions, essentially just fact checking, and at that point we set up an in-person interview with the office manager. The in-person interview consisted of the office manager and the lead medical assistant, they asked standard questions while looking at my resume. After the interview they showed me around the office to get an idea of the work environment. Two days after the in-person interview I was contacted again by HR to submit 5 references on an online form and to sign and fax a form in. Unfortunately, a little after a week I was emailed again informing me that they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you, as a new graduate, versus someone with experience? What will you bring to the team?   View Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Clinical Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick, informative and simple. Be specific with relatable experiences during the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just given a salary

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional, director talked about previous employee rather than asking me questions

Interview Question – none. I don't even recall a question about me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Associate II Interview

Research Associate II
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was invited to come to the lab twice and was asked to do a project.

Interview Question – I had to do a project on Bioinformatics for NGS analysis   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, in person interview with interviewee. Straight forward process, not many questions asked.

Interview Question – Can you use SQL?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Interview Details – I was placed through a temp agency. After six months of temping for about $13/hour, I was called in for a meeting wherein I was interviewed for a full time permanent position.

Interview Question – Can you commit at least five years to this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation - the economy was terrible at the time, so it was a take it or leave it situation

Finance Interview

Finance
Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. After a phone conversation with recruiter, met with hiring manager. Basic questions about background and experience. Tell me about a time...After a week I was schedule to meet with 4 managers on one-on-one sessions. Again, very basic about previous experience and how it could relate to the position. After a week of waiting I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 10% increase from initial offer.

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in April 2011.

Interview Details – Great interview process

Interview Questions

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with five different people for one hour each. The departments I met with were proffesional. The human resources person I worked with was very dissapointing. She knew nothing about research, insulted me at the interview, and then insulted me when she offered me the job. I know other representatives of the human resources department who are excellent, but this one person is unproffesional and gives the company a bad reputation.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews then offer

Negotiation Details – reasonable, ask for what you want

Interviews for Top Jobs at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Worked for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center employees and interview candidates.