Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Interview Questions & Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014
15 interviews

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Had a phone interview with recruiter and one in-person interview with the recruiter, Director, and colleague. Everyone was nice and welcoming and willing to answer any questions about this position. Also gave good insight into the job duties. Especially appreciated the information that was provided by the recruiter during the in-person interview in regards to employee benefits/costs and parking information. It was nice to have that information to consider in advance. Was informed by the recruiter in a timely manner that I was not selected for the position.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Brookline, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Submitted an online application and was immediately sent back an email to fill out a questionnaire assessment that took about 15-20 min to fill out. Once that was submitted I was contacted by HR after 3 days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 10 min and was a very basic interview, no hard questions, essentially just fact checking, and at that point we set up an in-person interview with the office manager. The in-person interview consisted of the office manager and the lead medical assistant, they asked standard questions while looking at my resume. After the interview they showed me around the office to get an idea of the work environment. Two days after the in-person interview I was contacted again by HR to submit 5 references on an online form and to sign and fax a form in. Unfortunately, a little after a week I was emailed again informing me that they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you, as a new graduate, versus someone with experience? What will you bring to the team?   View Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

It was quick, informative and simple. Be specific with relatable experiences during the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just given a salary

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in November 2010.

Very unprofessional, director talked about previous employee rather than asking me questions

There was none.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in March 2012.

Was invited to come to the lab twice and was asked to do a project.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a project on Bioinformatics for NGS analysis   View Answer
    No negotiations possible

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

Phone interview with HR, in person interview with interviewee. Straight forward process, not many questions asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

I was placed through a temp agency. After six months of temping for about $13/hour, I was called in for a meeting wherein I was interviewed for a full time permanent position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you commit at least five years to this position?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation - the economy was terrible at the time, so it was a take it or leave it situation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2010.

Very simple. After a phone conversation with recruiter, met with hiring manager. Basic questions about background and experience. Tell me about a time...After a week I was schedule to meet with 4 managers on one-on-one sessions. Again, very basic about previous experience and how it could relate to the position. After a week of waiting I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a previous project you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your work at X, could relate to this position?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a 10% increase from initial offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in April 2011.

Great interview process

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2010.

I interviewed with five different people for one hour each. The departments I met with were proffesional. The human resources person I worked with was very dissapointing. She knew nothing about research, insulted me at the interview, and then insulted me when she offered me the job. I know other representatives of the human resources department who are excellent, but this one person is unproffesional and gives the company a bad reputation.

Worked for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!