Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.7

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Had a phone interview with recruiter and one in-person interview with the recruiter, Director, and colleague. Everyone was nice and welcoming and willing to answer any questions about this position. Also gave good insight into the job duties. Especially appreciated the information that was provided by the recruiter during the in-person interview in regards to employee benefits/costs and parking information. It was nice to have that information to consider in advance. Was informed by the recruiter in a timely manner that I was not selected for the position.

Research Assistant I Interview

I was contacted by HR to arrange for a phone interview with my potential boss. I had the phone interview and then was contacted within 2 days for an interview in person. The interview in person went well, they generally asked basic questions as to what brought me to study biology and so on.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic interview, they were mostly interested in what my future plans were in my career.   Answer Question
    ask for more, they always under pay.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Development Office Admin. Assist- the department had me meet with about 4-5 people within a day. Basically, you meet with who will be your colleagues, who will be your supervisor, and then the head of the department. Most interview questions are basic (strengths/weaknesses, explain a time when...). It's more about personality, and if you're used to the work, or will be able to learn fast/deal with the speed of operations.

Interview Questions
    they were very reasonable, asked me what I was expecting for pay, and came back very close

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Submitted an online application and was immediately sent back an email to fill out a questionnaire assessment that took about 15-20 min to fill out. Once that was submitted I was contacted by HR after 3 days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 10 min and was a very basic interview, no hard questions, essentially just fact checking, and at that point we set up an in-person interview with the office manager. The in-person interview consisted of the office manager and the lead medical assistant, they asked standard questions while looking at my resume. After the interview they showed me around the office to get an idea of the work environment. Two days after the in-person interview I was contacted again by HR to submit 5 references on an online form and to sign and fax a form in. Unfortunately, a little after a week I was emailed again informing me that they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you, as a new graduate, versus someone with experience? What will you bring to the team?   View Answer

Program Analyst Intern Interview

I was shown some data and asked my opinion, as well as the usual resume review.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in November 2013.

Met with a peer and the hiring manager. Very helpful and positive process. The hiring manager shared both challenges and advantages of working with the program. Most questions focused on management style and how I have solved problems in the past. The peer interviewer share a lot of information about the clinical practice and how services were organized. I was also impressed that they let me know that I did not get the job. So many organizations do not communicate results.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or weird happened. This was a very straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I recieved a call to set up an interview. Had to drive to Boston, no option for skype or phone interivew. It was a single interview with the direct supervisor of the team, a current research assistant on the team, and the head doctor running the team.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you, you only have a few months of experience working in this type of position?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed directly with my lab PI as well as some members of the lab and key collaborators.

This included both email and phone interviews before being invited for in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    It was an NIH funded position. There was no negotiations.

Data Coordinator Interview

It was easy -- people were nice and friendly. A little bit stiff and non-conversational

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in June 2013.

Phone interview with HR, in person interview with interviewee. Straight forward process, not many questions asked.