Beth Israel Medical Center

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Beth Israel Medical Center.

Interview Details – apply online and interview processed in a month or so. they do background check and lab work/.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple.

Operating Room Nurse Interview

Operating Room Nurse
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Medical Center.

Interview Details – hr contact you, you meet with hiring manager and some of the staff, each staff will ask you a question, or two.

Interview Question – how do you describe yourself in an emergency situation?   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Beth Israel Medical Center in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the office manager of the Chairman of the Division and an interview date and time were set up. I was interviewed by three people: Chairman of the Division, Director of the Division and Manager. They wanted to know the usual interview things: experience, strengths and weaknesses, most challenging work situation in my career; how I would describe myself, career goals, how flexible I am with scheduling, team work etc.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years from now, in my career?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No much room for negotiation. It is a union position. Take it or leave it!

Editorial Interview

Editorial
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Beth Israel Medical Center in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had a very good fit on paper when I applied. Things started with an initial phone screening that went very favorably, and went on to a 1:1 live interview the same week, Both were with the same person, a clinical hiring manager. But it was a Jekyll-Hyde experience. The same person who was favorably impressed in the phone screen was negative and adversarial from the get-go in the interview. Complete waste of time for both of us: don't we have phone screenings to avoid that?

I have been told since that there can be disconnects between job specs and job realities throughout the so-called Medical area. I think this one took the cake because it was the same person at both ends. While I call this a negative experience below, the positive was that I got a glimpse of a very odd working environment before I worked there.

Interview Question – The interview placed great emphasis on academic editorial protocols that were advertised as extras or pluses.   View Answer

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Respiratory Therapist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beth Israel Medical Center in January 2009.

Interview Details – interview with manager of the department,who explained policy . Interview with human resources,where benefits,salary,and hospital mission statement.Process was very lengthy after interview.not organized and too many trips back and forth to human resources with papers that could have been done all together.Felt they were disorganized.

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Beth Israel Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beth Israel Medical Center interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Beth Israel Medical Center employees and interview candidates.