Bethel University

www.bethel.edu

Bethel University Interview Questions

2.2

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bethel University.

Had at least three people to interview me. Could tell right off the bat that this employer didn't have a clue as to what they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in three years with the company/   Answer Question

This organization doesn't have a good reputation and enrollment is dropping.

Senior Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bethel University.

Was a long process but all went well.

Being a University I got more time off than an average job.

Student Manager Interview

The current Student managers will choose student employees who they see would make a good candidate for the student manager position. They then discuss with one another who they think will make a good leader, and then suggest to individuals they should apply. Once they have applied and the references are in, the student employee manager will go through an evaluation and interviewing process and then they will be sent a letter informing them of their welcome on the team, or that they have not been chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a character in a book, which character would you be.   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bethel University in January 2013.

I found the job ad on Craigslist, so I sent my CV to the address listed and was contacted within a few days. The HR person I spoke with was polite, and eager to get an interview started. She arranged for me to have a phone interview which went well and then later on, a Skype interview with the hiring managers as I am out of state.

The interview proceeded naturally and I I actually enjoyed the process. I asked several questions, one of which was "how soon are you looking to fill the position"? to which I was told, "within a week, two at the latest". I was also told that I would be contacted either way to let me know about their descision. I was also told by one of the interviewers that he really "hope(d) they would be able to hire me". That was on Jan. 29th. I sent thank you emails following all interviews, and have since waited. I have heard nothing.

I decided to send a polite follow up a few days ago and recieved a short answer; "The position has not yet been filled, we are still interviewing".

I have to assume that I was not selected, or that they have no idea how soon they are looking to actually fill this postion. Another thing; this position only pays 28K per year; I can make more than that waiting tables. I am really disappointed by their lack of follow-up/follow through. It really makes me doubt everything about working for this university even though the people I have dealt with did seem genuine and sincere. But the last email was very cold and not at all in the friendly manner that was extended to me initially.

I get that I may not have be selected. There is always another person better suited/qualified/whatever. Just do what you say you are going to do and INFORM ME OF YOUR DECISION.

Is that too much to ask?

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bethel University in May 2012.

By community members and administrator. They always seemed to be in conflict.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working with Asians or Black people.   View Answer