Better Business Bureaus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus.

Interview

Sent in my resume was contacted the next day. Phone conversation went well, wanted me to come in for an interview. Went in for a interview, everything went well, then I spoke to another lady also was introduced to the person over the department. But that's it. Didn't tell me when they will get in contact so I'm just waiting

Interview Questions

• Can you name an incident you had to use your judgement   Answer Question

Business Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

This was a single interview- cattle call. For those who were still interested, we were then asked to stay for a one-on-one interview. While I waited to for the interview, I got to watch actual sales people doing the job. However, was told NOT to ask them questions. I was then taken into an interview and asked to read the sales script.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had not made a sale in my first 2 weeks?   1 Answer

PR and Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was with the HR director and Marketing director for 45 minutes. I knew the person who had left the job, who was a former co-worker at another company. I was familiar with the hiring manager, though we had not met before in person, but only knew of her from local publicity. She was friendly but I could not gauge how the interview was going, though she seemed quite satisfied with my replies.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about ___________ (current job), what's happening there? (The nature and phrasing of the question surprised me.)   1 Answer

Communications and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic. Fairly standard questions about work experience. I applied online and was contacted within a few weeks. Did want to know what experience I had with Adobe Software especially creating brochures and video. Job does require a lot of answering phones and online chat in addition to the communications function. Pay was lower that what I had hoped for.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Marlborough, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

great interview but a little misleading as to responsibilities, review benefit package and ask questions and you will do fine. Listen carefully and observe the people in the building as you go to the interview room, expressions tell you everything you need to know

Interview Questions

• Do you have problem cold calling   1 Answer

Marketing/Charity Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic Behavior questions plus questions on your resume. Very nice people there. Great Start if you want to work for non-profit org. Takes abt 60 mins. In a big conference room with one manager one associate.

Charity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus.

Interview

BBB got back to me requesting for an interview in 2 weeks by email, but other coworkers (co-interns?) said they received replies in as little as 2 days, to as much as 1 month. I was interviewed by the Program Manager and Program Associate simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for an internship targeted towards college students: what was a challenge that you had to overcome? what is your method of speaking with clients?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter and they contacted me within a few days to bring me in for an interview. Interview went well and started a few days later. Was more conversational.

Charity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Better Business Bureaus (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I met representatives of the organization at my schools career fair. I talked to them and from there I emailed the hiring manager and we scheduled an interview. I met with the hiring manager and the representative from my university's career fair joined us as well. They interviewed me and we discussed why I would be a good fit for the role as well as what the internship entails. Was simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself and experience. What is something you are trying to improve on? What is one of your biggest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Received an offer for an interview through email after handing in my resume. The interview took 30 minutes and was made very comfortable by the staff member. I was brought into the meeting room and asked a few questions about myself and how to I'd address situations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern at the BBB, what can we offer you that other internships cannot?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none