Betty Ford

Interviews for Top Jobs at Betty Ford

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Betty Ford in August 2012.

As a temp with Office Team at the Foundation offsite. Going to be permanent after 8 weeks. The behaved as concerned, upwardly and genuinely caring staff. However it was condescending, rude and extremely stressful to work there. Salaried employees come and go as they please, arrive late, leave early.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to participate in interviews then told my opinion didn't count.   View Answer
    Office Team wanted $10K to hire me, we opted for $7K at a later date. The I was told they weren't going to honor me becoming a permanent employee.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Mirage, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Mirage, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Betty Ford in September 2010.

The hiring and interview process took much longer than expected. Even after being hired, you have to "wait" sometimes for several weeks before you can start. There was not much opportunity to ask questions and, when asked, answers were vague. Some people are warm and friendly during the interview, others are not. When done, you are escorted out like being under surveillance. The interview process was not comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but questions asked clearly reflect they are not up on current hospital standards or requirements. This should be a red flag if you hope to stay current in your profession.   View Answer
    The hiring manager acted very offended that I would attempt to negotiate. It has affected the relationship ever since.