BevMo

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online which consisted of a bunch of what type of person would you describe yourself as questions, if you where in this scenario what would you do questions, stuff like that. About a week or so later was called back about a one on one. The one on one was fairly straight forward. no oddball questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted via phone notifying me of in-store interview. Arrived and interview was held in breakroom. Employer had application papers that I had filled out online on hand. Went over previous employer experience and details. If you have any experience in the industry, it definitely stands out as it did in my case. Mentioned flexibility which I also strongly believed helped me in the hiring process.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer that was attempting to steal items?   Answer Question

Mira Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in January 2013.

Interview Details – They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you got out of it.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was fine.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

El Centro, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only one interview, they ask specific questions about the products we sell. We talked a little about my background. We discussed how my experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry would translate into this job. He asked what my sales experience was, and what my long term goals were.

Interview Question – What makes a pinot grigio different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set starting rate and a review after 6 months.

Head Clerk Interview

Head Clerk
Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly relaxed and easy. I was asked for my favorite drink, how I would deal with associates or customers, how I would upsell, why I would be good for the position. All the standard questions.

Interview Question – What is your favorite drink?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and given the details and had an opportunity to negotiate, however, options were good and took the position without further negotiations.

Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2010.

Interview Details – Walk in-- then was called in for an interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and followed up with a cold call walk in. Found store management to be friendly reasonably interesting. Store management was also very knowledgable of their products. As is now the norm, business cares even less about the employees than in years past.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Van Nuys, CA

I applied online - interviewed at BevMo in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a one on one intervew with the assistant manager, then later in the day I spoke with the store manager. It didn't take long to get hired but it did take 2 months for me to finally get settled in because of a delay on corporate's end. Other than that you start pretty fast which is kind of a bad thing because you need more time to get used to the store.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation. they just said i'd get 9 bucks and that's it

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

The process took 3 days - interviewed at BevMo in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fill out an application. Call for a follow up. Setup an interview. Questions are real basic. Why Bevmo? What do you have to offer? What is the best and worst case scenario in a work environment?

Interview Question – How well do you know wine?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BevMo interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by BevMo employees and interview candidates.