BevMo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

1.9

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

One on One a few questions about your background and experience

Me and the store manager both worked at ralphs market so we had alot in common and hit it off right away

Director Interview

Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter. Was told needed to wait until new vp started ton present candidates. Found it odd that over a period of waiting 2 months for someone to start and recruiter contacting me via email almost weekly that all of a sudden I was sent a rejection email.
    Why would they go through a screening process, ask if relocation assistance was needed, and ask if a bonus was needed before the hiring manager had a chance to start if they didn't know what the person was looking for? Also found it odd to be asked about relocation and bonus as part of a screening.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo.

Online Application and resume upload. Went to the flagship store to be interviewed, and was essentially hired on the spot without any retail experience. Hiring Manager was very professional, but seemed very busy and unable to spend a lot of time interviewing. Was hired along with one other person, and began training almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What knowledge do you have of different liquors?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

filled out application, they called back a week later for an interview, I went to interview and meet with store manager and was asked my retail experience and they asked my availability and then it took over two weeks to get hired in the store as this was the longest process but other than that some experience helps and if they like you in the interview you have a good chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview with no curve balls, such question as what is your favorite drink   View Answer
    not much negotiation, as they say this is all we can offer and do you accept

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BevMo.

It was pretty slow but easy.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    Yes. It was simple to negotiate. I immediately got 10/hr off the bat which is the higher end of low paying wages.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at BevMo in August 2012.

My interview was setup over the phone and confirmed via email. When I arrived I found that it was all for nothing. It was actually an "Open House" to ask any questions of the company and maybe to see some of the other people going for the jobs. The District Manager apologized for the mistake but all in all was pretty ho-hum about the mixup. Quite frustrating when you are looking for new work and have jot take time off for an interview that never happens.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were up to the mislead prospects to the DM.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santee, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

I applied online and got called for an interview two weeks later. The manager did the interview standing at the front of the store. He asked about school as I am a student. He also asked about my availability. Depending on the location, they may hope you have knowledge of certain beverages over others. The online assessment is scenario-based questions and does not take too long. After the interview, I was asked to re-apply as a seasonal position. A bit sneaky of a move, but it was a good job for seasonal.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They started me at $9.00 which was a dollar above CA minimum wage and the pay everyone at that store got at first.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queen Creek, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BevMo in October 2011.

I was invited to come in and talk with the Manager. The interview took about 30 mins. We talked he asked questions and off I was to take a UA test.

Interview Questions
    • The one where they ask about your strenghts, throws me everytime. LOL.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at BevMo in October 2008.

Fill out an application. Call for a follow up. Setup an interview. Questions are real basic. Why Bevmo? What do you have to offer? What is the best and worst case scenario in a work environment?

Non negotiable

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!