BevMo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.9

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BevMo.

Interview

One on One a few questions about your background and experience

Negotiation

Me and the store manager both worked at ralphs market so we had alot in common and hit it off right away

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BevMo.

Interview

Online Application and resume upload. Went to the flagship store to be interviewed, and was essentially hired on the spot without any retail experience. Hiring Manager was very professional, but seemed very busy and unable to spend a lot of time interviewing. Was hired along with one other person, and began training almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have of different liquors?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BevMo.

Interview

filled out application, they called back a week later for an interview, I went to interview and meet with store manager and was asked my retail experience and they asked my availability and then it took over two weeks to get hired in the store as this was the longest process but other than that some experience helps and if they like you in the interview you have a good chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview with no curve balls, such question as what is your favorite drink   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation, as they say this is all we can offer and do you accept

Director Interview

Interview

Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter. Was told needed to wait until new vp started ton present candidates. Found it odd that over a period of waiting 2 months for someone to start and recruiter contacting me via email almost weekly that all of a sudden I was sent a rejection email. Why would they go through a screening process, ask if relocation assistance was needed, and ask if a bonus was needed before the hiring manager had a chance to start if they didn't know what the person was looking for? Also found it odd to be asked about relocation and bonus as part of a screening.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BevMo.

Interview

For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BevMo (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied maybe a month or so before hearing anything back. In fact it was so long I had forgotten I had applied there as this would be just a second part time job. Had two interviews, one with store manager then with assistant manager and immediately after the interview I was sent to do drug test. The interview was pretty easy, the store manager just went through my resume and asked "why did I leave this place and this place" and so on. I already currently work for a local winery and to my surprise my wine knowledge didn't come in to question. Second interview was more in depth about my involvement with the winery, pay, hours, and then to go pee in a cup. Today I just received through email all the information packets I needed to fill out. I wonder how training will go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't given an option to negotiate as he said "we start all new employees at 9 an hour" but then went on to say something about getting me focused on the wine department or wine specialist or something and he said pay should go up.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BevMo (Mira Loma, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

quick, fun, easy, informative, descriptive, asked a few questions, got hired on the spot, the manager made me feel at ease and cool with the interview process. I was a little nervous but it didnt matter at the end

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BevMo (Gilroy, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Questions are your very generic interview questions. Knowing a moderate amount for something about a certain type of alcohol may help. If you can prepare beforehand about basic questions you will do right.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BevMo.

Interview

It was pretty slow but easy.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. It was simple to negotiate. I immediately got 10/hr off the bat which is the higher end of low paying wages.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BevMo (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through their website during the Holiday season of 2012. I was called for an in store interview a couple days later. Upon arrival I was seated in a room with 2 employees and 4 other candidates. We were asked some basic service questions - how do you handle a difficult customer situation, how do you spend down time, what are your strengths / weaknesses, etc, all fairly simple stuff. After we all made our rounds, the two employees left the room, only to return very shortly after and hired all 5 of us on the spot. They were very much in need of workers during the holiday so landing this position was very straightforward - just have a good head on you and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about alcohol.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A piece of advice after accepting the position would be to ask how many hours you were guaranteed. Some locations listed anywhere from 4 - 32 hours a week, and there would be a week every now and then where one of the seasonal employers would get 0 hours. Make sure you're very up front about this - no reason to take a position if the employer can't even find time for you to work.