BevMo

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Interview Question – not really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was fine.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – It was pretty slow but easy.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. It was simple to negotiate. I immediately got 10/hr off the bat which is the higher end of low paying wages.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – filled out application, they called back a week later for an interview, I went to interview and meet with store manager and was asked my retail experience and they asked my availability and then it took over two weeks to get hired in the store as this was the longest process but other than that some experience helps and if they like you in the interview you have a good chance of getting hired.

Interview Question – Easy interview with no curve balls, such question as what is your favorite drink   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation, as they say this is all we can offer and do you accept

Mira Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in January 2013.

Interview Details – They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you got out of it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – Online Application and resume upload. Went to the flagship store to be interviewed, and was essentially hired on the spot without any retail experience. Hiring Manager was very professional, but seemed very busy and unable to spend a lot of time interviewing. Was hired along with one other person, and began training almost immediately.

Interview Question – What knowledge do you have of different liquors?   View Answer

Ladera Heights, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was quick. They just asked what I liked to drink and how I would deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's $9/hr.

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted via phone notifying me of in-store interview. Arrived and interview was held in breakroom. Employer had application papers that I had filled out online on hand. Went over previous employer experience and details. If you have any experience in the industry, it definitely stands out as it did in my case. Mentioned flexibility which I also strongly believed helped me in the hiring process.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer that was attempting to steal items?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BevMo in December 2010.

Interview Details – Fifteen minutes long with the manager. The shortest one I have ever had in my life.

Interview Question – Are you a neat, orderly person?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at BevMo in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fill out an application. Call for a follow up. Setup an interview. Questions are real basic. Why Bevmo? What do you have to offer? What is the best and worst case scenario in a work environment?

Interview Question – How well do you know wine?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BevMo Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by BevMo employees and interview candidates.