BevMo

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at BevMo in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied maybe a month or so before hearing anything back. In fact it was so long I had forgotten I had applied there as this would be just a second part time job. Had two interviews, one with store manager then with assistant manager and immediately after the interview I was sent to do drug test. The interview was pretty easy, the store manager just went through my resume and asked "why did I leave this place and this place" and so on. I already currently work for a local winery and to my surprise my wine knowledge didn't come in to question. Second interview was more in depth about my involvement with the winery, pay, hours, and then to go pee in a cup. Today I just received through email all the information packets I needed to fill out. I wonder how training will go.

Interview Question – Why did you leave (insert job/company here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given an option to negotiate as he said "we start all new employees at 9 an hour" but then went on to say something about getting me focused on the wine department or wine specialist or something and he said pay should go up.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and followed up with a cold call walk in. Found store management to be friendly reasonably interesting. Store management was also very knowledgable of their products. As is now the norm, business cares even less about the employees than in years past.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

El Centro, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only one interview, they ask specific questions about the products we sell. We talked a little about my background. We discussed how my experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry would translate into this job. He asked what my sales experience was, and what my long term goals were.

Interview Question – What makes a pinot grigio different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set starting rate and a review after 6 months.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2010.

Interview Details – Walk in-- then was called in for an interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Interview Question – not really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was fine.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – It was pretty slow but easy.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. It was simple to negotiate. I immediately got 10/hr off the bat which is the higher end of low paying wages.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – filled out application, they called back a week later for an interview, I went to interview and meet with store manager and was asked my retail experience and they asked my availability and then it took over two weeks to get hired in the store as this was the longest process but other than that some experience helps and if they like you in the interview you have a good chance of getting hired.

Interview Question – Easy interview with no curve balls, such question as what is your favorite drink   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation, as they say this is all we can offer and do you accept

Mira Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in January 2013.

Interview Details – They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you got out of it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details – Online Application and resume upload. Went to the flagship store to be interviewed, and was essentially hired on the spot without any retail experience. Hiring Manager was very professional, but seemed very busy and unable to spend a lot of time interviewing. Was hired along with one other person, and began training almost immediately.

Interview Question – What knowledge do you have of different liquors?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BevMo

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!