BevMo Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BevMo (Ventura, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

They ask you to pick a product to sell during interview. The interview was conducted in the back of the store with the manager and 4 other job seekers. Very casual enviornment. you are ask about yourself. What is a good and bad customer experience? Then you are asked to talk about the product you pick out.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BevMo?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BevMo

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BevMo in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and went in a few days later to meet the store manager. I introduced myself and gave him my resume; he scheduled me an interview on the spot for the next day. On the interview, we walked outside of the store to a couple of tables across the parking lot. He asked me questions about my previous work experience and availability. The questions weren't too hard, he just appreciated detailed answers. I was asked to meet with the hiring manager immediately after the interview. When I met her, she just explained the store duties and gave me a drug screening paper. I took the drug test, but it was sent to the wrong Bevmo. I had to keep calling back and got things straightened out. It took me 3 weeks to get hired after the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you delivered excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. He told me I would be paid $9.00 an hour, and if I stayed on past seasonal, it would bump up to $10 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BevMo (Santee, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview two weeks later. The manager did the interview standing at the front of the store. He asked about school as I am a student. He also asked about my availability. Depending on the location, they may hope you have knowledge of certain beverages over others. The online assessment is scenario-based questions and does not take too long. After the interview, I was asked to re-apply as a seasonal position. A bit sneaky of a move, but it was a good job for seasonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They started me at $9.00 which was a dollar above CA minimum wage and the pay everyone at that store got at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BevMo (Queen Creek, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I was invited to come in and talk with the Manager. The interview took about 30 mins. We talked he asked questions and off I was to take a UA test.

Interview Questions

• The one where they ask about your strenghts, throws me everytime. LOL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BevMo (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

all they are looking for is someone that has at least half a brain, open availability that can work nights and weekends, and can id people and take money at the registers. easy. and thats if you even get that far. sometimes you are just a cart runner or a bagger.

base pay has been the same for past 12+ years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BevMo (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through their website during the Holiday season of 2012. I was called for an in store interview a couple days later. Upon arrival I was seated in a room with 2 employees and 4 other candidates. We were asked some basic service questions - how do you handle a difficult customer situation, how do you spend down time, what are your strengths / weaknesses, etc, all fairly simple stuff. After we all made our rounds, the two employees left the room, only to return very shortly after and hired all 5 of us on the spot. They were very much in need of workers during the holiday so landing this position was very straightforward - just have a good head on you and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about alcohol.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A piece of advice after accepting the position would be to ask how many hours you were guaranteed. Some locations listed anywhere from 4 - 32 hours a week, and there would be a week every now and then where one of the seasonal employers would get 0 hours. Make sure you're very up front about this - no reason to take a position if the employer can't even find time for you to work.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BevMo in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online which consisted of a bunch of what type of person would you describe yourself as questions, if you where in this scenario what would you do questions, stuff like that. About a week or so later was called back about a one on one. The one on one was fairly straight forward. no oddball questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none