Bexar County Interview Questions

2.2

Network Support III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bexar County in January 2014.

The contacted me one month after my application. Met with a few members of staff and supervisors in a panel type interview. All questions were relevant to job duties. They did fail to contact me in order to notify me I was not selected even though they assured me they would. I have to contact HR.

Criminal Assignments Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bexar County in March 2011.

I applied mid-February 2011 and received a call back in the beginning of March. I had the interview and the next day they offered me the job. They asked me questions that they could have known by looking at my application - where have I worked? what experience do I have? Why did I quit my last job? Usually job interviews here (w/ the County) are with 3 or 4 people. They also asked what my strongest qualities are. They did not seem to have reviewed my resume and application before the interview but still seemed like they wanted me for the interview. Even after the interview, they seemed like they really didn't listen to what I said about myself.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strongest qualities?   View Answer
    • Why do you think you would be good for this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation. My advice is that the opportunity hardly ever comes around - take the offer.

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bexar County in April 2010.

Initially I met with two senior management figures within the department, then I also had to do all of the testing. My initial impression was quite favorable and I was rather excited to have the chance of getting a position there especially since I had just graduated college. Unfortunately though, I was ultimately offered a position beneath what I was qualified for and had interviewed for; being that the job market in Michigan was unfavorable I was forced to accept their offer.

Interview Questions
    • If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate any aspects of the contract offer.

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bexar County in January 2008.

Basic questions. Bexar likes to hear how you want to make the most of your oppertunity and promotions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply w/ Bexar   View Answer
    • Do you understand that over time is paid w/ comp time (no o.t. pay)?   View Answer
    There is no negotiations unless you are super qualified w/ masters or dr.s degrees.