Bexar County

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Support III Interview

Network Support III
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bexar County in January 2014.

Interview Details – The contacted me one month after my application. Met with a few members of staff and supervisors in a panel type interview. All questions were relevant to job duties. They did fail to contact me in order to notify me I was not selected even though they assured me they would. I have to contact HR.

Interview Question – Why should we not hire you.   Answer Question

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Juvenile Probation Officer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bexar County in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I met with two senior management figures within the department, then I also had to do all of the testing. My initial impression was quite favorable and I was rather excited to have the chance of getting a position there especially since I had just graduated college. Unfortunately though, I was ultimately offered a position beneath what I was qualified for and had interviewed for; being that the job market in Michigan was unfavorable I was forced to accept their offer.

Interview Question – If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate any aspects of the contract offer.

Criminal Assignments Clerk Interview

Criminal Assignments Clerk
San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bexar County in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied mid-February 2011 and received a call back in the beginning of March. I had the interview and the next day they offered me the job. They asked me questions that they could have known by looking at my application - where have I worked? what experience do I have? Why did I quit my last job? Usually job interviews here (w/ the County) are with 3 or 4 people. They also asked what my strongest qualities are. They did not seem to have reviewed my resume and application before the interview but still seemed like they wanted me for the interview. Even after the interview, they seemed like they really didn't listen to what I said about myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. My advice is that the opportunity hardly ever comes around - take the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bexar County in January 2008.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Bexar likes to hear how you want to make the most of your oppertunity and promotions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply w/ Bexar   View Answer
  • Do you understand that over time is paid w/ comp time (no o.t. pay)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations unless you are super qualified w/ masters or dr.s degrees.

Worked for Bexar County? Contribute to the Community!