BeyondTrust Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at BeyondTrust

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BeyondTrust (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

One of the best recruiters I have ever dealt with. It was SO nice to have the recruiter actually keep me informed through the interview process. She (this is the recruiter at BeyondTrust, not an agency) called me the day after I sent the resume- I was impressed! She was very friendly and did not make me feel 'interrogated.' I actually enjoyed my talk with her. Made me comfortable. I did not get an offer and this recruiter actually let me know--it was quite refreshing to not be left hanging.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual HR questions- also seemed to know what to ask regarding marketing(my field)   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BeyondTrust.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via job hunting websites. I had a phone screen with her about basic information, such as and available entry time. Then I was asked to write a summary about my background and things I have done for personal development. I felt very uncomfortable and during the phone interview. She acted like I should beg her to get a job or an interview opportunity. And she talked like she was giving me orders instead of communicating with me. Worst experience with a recruiter.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BeyondTrust (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Very brief interview, only met with the sales manager, didn't think much of it until I received a job offer out of the blue. This seems like more a one-off these days. Expect to meet with quite a few people during an interview. Also from what I can tell it definitely helps to know someone internally or have a lot of experience at house hold name companies either in Phoenix or in the IT security space.

Interview Questions

• Describe my job details as they are today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was presented an offer and there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BeyondTrust (Andover, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Several phone screenings, one onsite interview with key executive, then 5 or so more onsite interviews with hiring manager and other stakeholders. Most were weak interviewers who seemed unable to drive the conversation and make it relevant to the job opening and requirements. Did not sense much excitement from any of them about working for the company and this role. Product is narrowly focused on a dull market segment. Role seemed poorly conceived, reporting to one person and dotted line reporting to at least two others – would probably be impossible to please anyone. Pretty clear the stakeholders either did not know what they wanted or disagreed on what they were seeking. A fair number of other candidates had also gone through the process and been declined. Though advertised as a product marketing role, might better have been described as a sales lackey role since it had much less to do with marketing and more to do with supporting sales. Sales exec appeared to have an inordinate influence in selecting candidate for this position, yet did not really seem to get what marketing does other than serve his tactical needs. Two interviewers who would be more junior peers had limited work experience outside BeyondTrust, one had never worked at another company. One interviewer had not even bothered to read my resume and was completely winging it. Regretted spending as much time as I did preparing for various interviews given my experience meeting them.

Interview Questions

• Generally unstructured interviews, some asked a few standard questions.   Answer Question