Bharat Heavy Electricals

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Through Advertisement in the newspaper and through GATE. Based on GATE score , the candidates are called for the interview. After the final selection, the offers are issued to the successful candidates.

Interview Questions
  • How you will work in a team? Will you seek a transfer to a place near your home place?   Answer Question

I have been involved in important and challenging assignments since joining this organisation so a though of leaving never came in mind.

Other Interview Reviews for Bharat Heavy Electricals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions.
    As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase.

The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer Trainee Interview

interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in September 2013.

BHEL Hires through GATE examination. At staring BHEL gives a notification for more number of vacancies but for last two years they are reducing the posts and making them about half of what they have notified earlier
    At my time GATE-2013 cutoff for interview call was around AIR 250 for GEN and 650 for OBC category in Mechanical stream. So if one is having 200 around rank then he is on safe side. Usually BHEL sends interview calls very late and till that time almost all PSUs might have completed their recruitment processes. My interview was on 10 Sept. at Delhi.
    My interview panel was of 6 people. One of them was observer only, who just analyse the candidate's attitude, confidence. Most of the part of interview was confined to technical questions to test technical skills. They asked about BHEL manufacturing areas. They asked me my area of interest . I gave them option to ask me from power plant , IC Engine and Production. So mostly they asked from these fields only. One should prepare Power Plant and Production thoroughly to have a good chance of getting selected.
    Some of the questions they asked are
    1. In a diesel operated vehicle if we put petrol then what will happen? and asked vice-versa
    2. BHEL Products
    3. BHEL Turnover
    4. Power plant cycles
    5. Camshaft and gear manufacturing
    etc. etc.
    My interview lasted around 50-55 minutes but usually BHEL interview goes around 25 minutes . Interview panel was good and will not unnecessarily stress much on you much so just stay calm.
    Have a good command on your technical subject
    They announced the result on 15th october 2013 . Around 82 were finally selected in Mechanical Stream.
    All The Best...

Interview Questions
    • They asked me If you are posted in production shop and all workers are not co-operative. They don't want to work. As all are govt. workers , so they know that even if they don't do anything they will get their salary. In that case how will you get work from them??   Answer Question
    BHEL is a very good company. This is in top most company at which one should work. Great job satisfaction.

Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

now bhel is recruiting through gate score card,they will call according to rank in gate exam and interview will be conducted. selected candidate will be given appointment letter in approx 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about latest software being launched by auto desk where we can perform not only designing but simulation and analysis too.
      answer: inventer

View Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2011.

All India written test and preparation of merit list as per 1:5 candidates are called for interview , interview consist of basic technical questions and simple thinking questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2011.

press advertisement-written test- 240 questions in 150 minutes, 120 tech, 120 non tech, 70% weightage on technical, 20% on non tech, after that interview for the qualified candidates, for each each seat three candidates were called. interview weight 30%, written test weight 70% , combining that final result

Interview Questions
    • All from technical part, electrical power distribution in one substation, motors, transformers etc. etc. Not so difficult question, if basic is strong you will not have any problem   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, CTC already declared in Advertisement , as it was a PSU recruitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2010.

Off campus - all India level recruitment

1) Written Test

2) Panel Interview

3)Selection

Interview Questions
    • Why in industry 2nd angle projection is not used for engineering drawings?   View Answers (2)

Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2010.

It consisted of first a test,containing both technical and aptitude related questions allotting equal weightage to both sections. Then short-listed candidates will be called for an interview(conducted at nice hotels). The interview lasted for only 10 min mostly HR, 3 technical questions by a panel of four.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What are gas cycles?
      Can you draw rankine cycle?
      Why are chimneys at a power plant so high?

Answer Question

Other good offer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Korba (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Korba (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2010.

vacancy declairation on company site on internet and news papers.
     written test
     after one month interview call , gives 10 to 15 days for interview preparation.
    after interview result declairation within one month.
    for joining there is a madical test.

Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2010.

Interview started with personal details and previous work experience. Then gradually it shifted to all previous job responsibility and technical information. Some questions were asked about power plants and power plants procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Why you have not filled forms for other PSU's (IOCL, HPCL, GAIL ONGC etc) as i told them earlier that I have filled form of BHEL only.   View Answer
    • What are the major equipment available in fabrication yard? (Based on my previous experience)   View Answer