Bharat Heavy Electricals

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

I got letter for written test through employment exchange and then had personal interview. Then I was taken as trainee and after successful completion of training absorbed as Commercial Assistant > Got promotions during career and after 30 years service retired as Senior Manager (Commercial)

Interview Questions
    • I was dealing tendering, project monitoring and completion of Thermal power stations dealing with supply of large steam turbines, generators and associated items. Further dealing with Exports also. For projects we had to submit offer through Delhi HQ . Issue of work orders on Shops . Coordinate with buyers, shop, design and quality departments for smooth running of project and timely supply to met site erection and commissioning requirements.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Hiring: Campus Placements. They do a thorough check of grade sheets

Interview Process: The panel was very experienced. But they didn't grill much on pure technical skills rather your learning abilities and asked some HR questions as well. Was asked about projects done and future plans for studies as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about whether I want to go for higher studies or not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in February 2010.

good working culture. Hiring process is through GATE and interview. I was called for interview in mumbai and I was asked basic questions like tell me about yourself your family and as far as technical is concerned they just asked about transistors and mosfets which are like pretty basic q uestions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Through Advertisement in the newspaper and through GATE. Based on GATE score , the candidates are called for the interview. After the final selection, the offers are issued to the successful candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How you will work in a team? Will you seek a transfer to a place near your home place?   Answer Question

I have been involved in important and challenging assignments since joining this organisation so a though of leaving never came in mind.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Through GATE examination

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in rural areas with no social life and no personal life?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions.
    As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase.

The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer/Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Transparent with advertisement in Employment News and other leading newspapers, the GATE score is taken for making the merit list followed by interview, and medical exam of the selected candidates after duly fulfilling the govt. guidelines on reservations.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an IR situation of inter union rivalry   Answer Question
    Salary grades are fixed and open

Manager IT Interview

GD , Written Test, Interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiation not possible since paystructure is fixed

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Selected through campus selection process

Interview Questions
    • Lots of dificult quetion i faced as many quetions were based on manufacturing process (like how to measure turbine blade surface finish, about Horizontal & Vertical Milling machines etc).   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in September 2013.

BHEL Hires through GATE examination. At staring BHEL gives a notification for more number of vacancies but for last two years they are reducing the posts and making them about half of what they have notified earlier
    At my time GATE-2013 cutoff for interview call was around AIR 250 for GEN and 650 for OBC category in Mechanical stream. So if one is having 200 around rank then he is on safe side. Usually BHEL sends interview calls very late and till that time almost all PSUs might have completed their recruitment processes. My interview was on 10 Sept. at Delhi.
    My interview panel was of 6 people. One of them was observer only, who just analyse the candidate's attitude, confidence. Most of the part of interview was confined to technical questions to test technical skills. They asked about BHEL manufacturing areas. They asked me my area of interest . I gave them option to ask me from power plant , IC Engine and Production. So mostly they asked from these fields only. One should prepare Power Plant and Production thoroughly to have a good chance of getting selected.
    Some of the questions they asked are
    1. In a diesel operated vehicle if we put petrol then what will happen? and asked vice-versa
    2. BHEL Products
    3. BHEL Turnover
    4. Power plant cycles
    5. Camshaft and gear manufacturing
    etc. etc.
    My interview lasted around 50-55 minutes but usually BHEL interview goes around 25 minutes . Interview panel was good and will not unnecessarily stress much on you much so just stay calm.
    Have a good command on your technical subject
    They announced the result on 15th october 2013 . Around 82 were finally selected in Mechanical Stream.
    All The Best...

Interview Questions
    • They asked me If you are posted in production shop and all workers are not co-operative. They don't want to work. As all are govt. workers , so they know that even if they don't do anything they will get their salary. In that case how will you get work from them??   Answer Question
    BHEL is a very good company. This is in top most company at which one should work. Great job satisfaction.