Bharat Heavy Electricals

Bharat Heavy Electricals Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

5 people took interview for 15 mins. they ask power plant information. Soem graphs, coal specific heat value. Draw curves, additional knowledge, nothing more than that. just form omne subject

Senior Manager Interview

I got letter for written test through employment exchange and then had personal interview. Then I was taken as trainee and after successful completion of training absorbed as Commercial Assistant > Got promotions during career and after 30 years service retired as Senior Manager (Commercial)

Interview Questions
    • I was dealing tendering, project monitoring and completion of Thermal power stations dealing with supply of large steam turbines, generators and associated items. Further dealing with Exports also. For projects we had to submit offer through Delhi HQ . Issue of work orders on Shops . Coordinate with buyers, shop, design and quality departments for smooth running of project and timely supply to met site erection and commissioning requirements.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Hiring: Campus Placements. They do a thorough check of grade sheets

Interview Process: The panel was very experienced. But they didn't grill much on pure technical skills rather your learning abilities and asked some HR questions as well. Was asked about projects done and future plans for studies as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about whether I want to go for higher studies or not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in February 2010.

good working culture. Hiring process is through GATE and interview. I was called for interview in mumbai and I was asked basic questions like tell me about yourself your family and as far as technical is concerned they just asked about transistors and mosfets which are like pretty basic q uestions

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Through Advertisement in the newspaper and through GATE. Based on GATE score , the candidates are called for the interview. After the final selection, the offers are issued to the successful candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How you will work in a team? Will you seek a transfer to a place near your home place?   Answer Question

I have been involved in important and challenging assignments since joining this organisation so a though of leaving never came in mind.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Through GATE examination

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in rural areas with no social life and no personal life?   View Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions.
    As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase.

The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer/Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Transparent with advertisement in Employment News and other leading newspapers, the GATE score is taken for making the merit list followed by interview, and medical exam of the selected candidates after duly fulfilling the govt. guidelines on reservations.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an IR situation of inter union rivalry   Answer Question
    Salary grades are fixed and open

Manager IT Interview

GD , Written Test, Interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiation not possible since paystructure is fixed

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

Selected through campus selection process

Interview Questions
    • Lots of dificult quetion i faced as many quetions were based on manufacturing process (like how to measure turbine blade surface finish, about Horizontal & Vertical Milling machines etc).   Answer Question