Bharat Heavy Electricals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview

5 people took interview for 15 mins. they ask power plant information. Soem graphs, coal specific heat value. Draw curves, additional knowledge, nothing more than that. just form omne subject

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I got letter for written test through employment exchange and then had personal interview. Then I was taken as trainee and after successful completion of training absorbed as Commercial Assistant > Got promotions during career and after 30 years service retired as Senior Manager (Commercial)

Interview Questions

• I was dealing tendering, project monitoring and completion of Thermal power stations dealing with supply of large steam turbines, generators and associated items. Further dealing with Exports also. For projects we had to submit offer through Delhi HQ . Issue of work orders on Shops . Coordinate with buyers, shop, design and quality departments for smooth running of project and timely supply to met site erection and commissioning requirements.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview

Hiring: Campus Placements. They do a thorough check of grade sheets Interview Process: The panel was very experienced. But they didn't grill much on pure technical skills rather your learning abilities and asked some HR questions as well. Was asked about projects done and future plans for studies as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked about whether I want to go for higher studies or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in February 2010.

Interview

good working culture. Hiring process is through GATE and interview. I was called for interview in mumbai and I was asked basic questions like tell me about yourself your family and as far as technical is concerned they just asked about transistors and mosfets which are like pretty basic q uestions

Assistant Engineer Post Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Written examination for the supervisor was indeed one of toughest examinations and the questions covered related to subjects and General knowledge plus general aptitude. I would saythat it is one of toughest exams I faced.Indeed it Will require one to be fully and thoroughly prepared for the exam and interview. At interview, it is totally technical questions and if one has previous experience questions might be asked related that work and that too will be purely technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared and be bold and confident

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was one on one. The Interviewer was a senior manager at BHEL. They will test how well you will handle pressure. Don't talk as if ypur are craving for that Job. Just take a deep breath and just answer the questions they ask. Everything will take its way. The Interviewer asked me some basic questions on FSMs, FPGA cyclone 3,Virtex 5. I was asked about my resume and skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the data transfer rate of GTP Transrecievers on Virtex 5 FPGA.   1 Answer

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Through Advertisement in the newspaper and through GATE. Based on GATE score , the candidates are called for the interview. After the final selection, the offers are issued to the successful candidates.

Interview Questions

• How you will work in a team? Will you seek a transfer to a place near your home place?   Answer Question

I have been involved in important and challenging assignments since joining this organisation so a though of leaving never came in mind.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (Bhopal (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had to call the HR department to ask about the application process because they don't really have set in brick process for internships. I was told to submit an application along with my marshiest and a letter of interest and resume. Didn't really have any kind of interview, I just got a call saying that I have been approved for the internship for summer.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions. As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase. The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer/Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview

Transparent with advertisement in Employment News and other leading newspapers, the GATE score is taken for making the merit list followed by interview, and medical exam of the selected candidates after duly fulfilling the govt. guidelines on reservations.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an IR situation of inter union rivalry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary grades are fixed and open