Bharat Heavy Electricals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals

Interview Details – I got letter for written test through employment exchange and then had personal interview. Then I was taken as trainee and after successful completion of training absorbed as Commercial Assistant > Got promotions during career and after 30 years service retired as Senior Manager (Commercial)

Interview Question – I was dealing tendering, project monitoring and completion of Thermal power stations dealing with supply of large steam turbines, generators and associated items. Further dealing with Exports also. For projects we had to submit offer through Delhi HQ . Issue of work orders on Shops . Coordinate with buyers, shop, design and quality departments for smooth running of project and timely supply to met site erection and commissioning requirements.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – Hiring: Campus Placements. They do a thorough check of grade sheets

Interview Process: The panel was very experienced. But they didn't grill much on pure technical skills rather your learning abilities and asked some HR questions as well. Was asked about projects done and future plans for studies as well.

Interview Question – Asked about whether I want to go for higher studies or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in January 2010.

Interview Details – Just basic concepts of mechanical engineering, be prepared for any earlier job related questions. Also, stay well informed about the latest current affairs. I was asked many questions about politics and many running issued in the country. Also, explain about your requirements and aim. About final year project.

Engineer Trainee

I interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in September 2013.

Interview Details – BHEL Hires through GATE examination. At staring BHEL gives a notification for more number of vacancies but for last two years they are reducing the posts and making them about half of what they have notified earlier
At my time GATE-2013 cutoff for interview call was around AIR 250 for GEN and 650 for OBC category in Mechanical stream. So if one is having 200 around rank then he is on safe side. Usually BHEL sends interview calls very late and till that time almost all PSUs might have completed their recruitment processes. My interview was on 10 Sept. at Delhi.
My interview panel was of 6 people. One of them was observer only, who just analyse the candidate's attitude, confidence. Most of the part of interview was confined to technical questions to test technical skills. They asked about BHEL manufacturing areas. They asked me my area of interest . I gave them option to ask me from power plant , IC Engine and Production. So mostly they asked from these fields only. One should prepare Power Plant and Production thoroughly to have a good chance of getting selected.
Some of the questions they asked are
1. In a diesel operated vehicle if we put petrol then what will happen? and asked vice-versa
2. BHEL Products
3. BHEL Turnover
4. Power plant cycles
5. Camshaft and gear manufacturing
etc. etc.
My interview lasted around 50-55 minutes but usually BHEL interview goes around 25 minutes . Interview panel was good and will not unnecessarily stress much on you much so just stay calm.
Have a good command on your technical subject
They announced the result on 15th october 2013 . Around 82 were finally selected in Mechanical Stream.
All The Best...

Interview Question – They asked me If you are posted in production shop and all workers are not co-operative. They don't want to work. As all are govt. workers , so they know that even if they don't do anything they will get their salary. In that case how will you get work from them??   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – BHEL is a very good company. This is in top most company at which one should work. Great job satisfaction.

Executive Interview

Executive
Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was rather smooth & stress- free. No real pressure built up during the interview process. The interview was mostly HR centric as i was interviewed on campus. Questions were asked for my preferred topic / subject. Most of the questions were rather elementary in nature and were not really deviating from the text book concepts and its applications.

Interview Question – Manufacturing process of an equipment of BHEL   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations per se

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2011.

Interview Details – press advertisement-written test- 240 questions in 150 minutes, 120 tech, 120 non tech, 70% weightage on technical, 20% on non tech, after that interview for the qualified candidates, for each each seat three candidates were called. interview weight 30%, written test weight 70% , combining that final result

Interview Question – All from technical part, electrical power distribution in one substation, motors, transformers etc. etc. Not so difficult question, if basic is strong you will not have any problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate, CTC already declared in Advertisement , as it was a PSU recruitment.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Haridwār (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in October 2011.

Interview Details – wriiten test and interview

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotion

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – Through GATE examination

Interview Question – Can you work in rural areas with no social life and no personal life?   View Answer

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – There was an All India Written examination for the 2008-2009 recruitment drive. The written exam was engineering discipline centric and was based on the academic background of the students. I applied for Mechanical engineering position and questions covered basic Mechanical engineering concepts from 4 years of bachelor studies and some logical reasoning questions.
As per latest guidelines, the process has been changed and now GATE examination results form basis of selection for Interview phase.

The interview was chaired by 3 BHEL senior employees. One was responsible for Psychological assessment and other two panel members were for Technical assessment. Questions were not too special. Just testing general engineering and personal skills.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult. Be prepared with the basic questions pertaining to one's engineering background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations. Fixed salary structure

Engineer/Officer Interview

Engineer/Officer

I applied through other source and interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – Transparent with advertisement in Employment News and other leading newspapers, the GATE score is taken for making the merit list followed by interview, and medical exam of the selected candidates after duly fulfilling the govt. guidelines on reservations.

Interview Question – How did you handle an IR situation of inter union rivalry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary grades are fixed and open

Worked for Bharat Heavy Electricals? Contribute to the Community!