Bharat Heavy Electricals

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in May 2011.

Interview Details – Just the phone and on-site interview to discuss the posted resume . The phone interview can vary from 10 minutes to over 2 hours depending on the hiring manager. Usually it would be another fresh graduate. So be prepared for 2 hours of grilling from a true IITian

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. If you know whats in the resume you are saved   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in October 2008.

Interview Details – This interview was in year 1999 October. and thereafter i joined BHEL.

Interview Question – Technical Questions   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in February 2009.

Interview Details – Written Test and Interview

Interview Question – Previous work experience   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in January 2009.

Interview Details – Presently Through GATE Test, and calling 1:3 interview finalists

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2010.

Interview Details – BHEL takes entrance test at All India level. If you are having more than 65% throughout academic career then you can apply.

This written test paper is having 250 questions and time limit is 2h30min, paper is having technical(from electronics,electrical,mechanical) as well as aptitude questions.
After that they will call selected candidates for interview at different places according to candidate's convenience like Mumbai,Calcutta,Delhi,Bangalore etc.

At the time of interview transportation cost is given by company. Other facilities like lunch and tea,coffee are also available.Document verification was also done before interview.

Interview Panel consists five persons.Two technical person, two HR person and one psychologist.
They start with general questions to make you relax and after that they ask technical questions and in the end they ask questions like why do you want to join this company, expectations from company.
Usually they interview for 20-30 mins.

Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in October 2010.

Interview Details – They asked me about my favourite subjects and my previous job experience. They asked about the profile of the company and place of posting .

Interview Question – If you are posted in a very remote area, will you be able to survive there....   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Assistant Engineer

Interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals

Interview Details – Written test and interview

Interview Question – Why I want to join this Company.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2010.

Interview Details – We were selected through campus interviews. Interviewers came from corporate office to conduct interviews. Interviews included technical as well as soft skill questions.interviews included face to face as well as panel interviews depending on the no. of selected applicants, no. of interviewers and time available.
Interview candidates should be technically and personality wise sound.

Work force in BHEL is good, office ambiance are satisfactory and work culture experience varies form unit-to unit and among designations.work culture varies from professional to bureaucratic among different subsidiaries in BHEL

Interview Question – What factors will you keep in mind to design a highway road?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay-scales are non-negotiable. Salaries are prefixed by company policies.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Silchar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – Selected through campus selection process

Interview Question – Lots of dificult quetion i faced as many quetions were based on manufacturing process (like how to measure turbine blade surface finish, about Horizontal & Vertical Milling machines etc).   Answer Question

Foreman Interview

Foreman
Trichy (India)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process starts with a psychological test followed with a test on the respective engineering. Both the tests are very tough. Once we pass the test we go through a personal interview which is straight forward

Interview Question – What innovation or out of box thinking that you experienced   Answer Question

Worked for Bharat Heavy Electricals? Contribute to the Community!