Bharat Heavy Electricals

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager

Interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals

Interview Details – ETs through GATE
Download the Triplicate SBI Challan and fill the required details.
Deposit with the fee of Rs. 100/- at any of the SBI branches all over the country.
On-line submission of applications
Download the acknowledgement slip
Receipt of Acknowledgement Slips at BHEL
Candidates shortlisted for interviews

Interview Question – Candidates with GATE registration number starting with GATE code ME-for Mechanical, EE-for Electrical and EC-for Electronics are only eligible for consideration. Candidates having GATE registration codes other than these are not eligible for BHEL consideration for the post of Engineer Trainee.   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals.

Interview Details – now bhel is recruiting through gate score card,they will call according to rank in gate exam and interview will be conducted. selected candidate will be given appointment letter in approx 1 month.

Interview Question – they asked me about latest software being launched by auto desk where we can perform not only designing but simulation and analysis too.
answer: inventer
  View Answer

Calcutta (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in October 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring was based on -
1. application for exam writing eligibility - 60% or more marks in BE/B. TECH
2. 1st stage screening by marks - 73% for Mechanical branch in 2008
3. written exam
4. interview

You have to submit all the photocopied documents before interview. Interview will be brief (as they give preferences for written exam), technical and approx for 10min

Interview Question – All technical question... not difficult...good preparation will do   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview started with personal details and previous work experience. Then gradually it shifted to all previous job responsibility and technical information. Some questions were asked about power plants and power plants procedures.

Interview Questions

• Why you have not filled forms for other PSU's (IOCL, HPCL, GAIL ONGC etc) as i told them earlier that I have filled form of BHEL only.   View Answer
  • What are the major equipment available in fabrication yard? (Based on my previous experience)   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2010.

Interview Details – BHEL takes entrance test at All India level. If you are having more than 65% throughout academic career then you can apply.

This written test paper is having 250 questions and time limit is 2h30min, paper is having technical(from electronics,electrical,mechanical) as well as aptitude questions.
After that they will call selected candidates for interview at different places according to candidate's convenience like Mumbai,Calcutta,Delhi,Bangalore etc.

At the time of interview transportation cost is given by company. Other facilities like lunch and tea,coffee are also available.Document verification was also done before interview.

Interview Panel consists five persons.Two technical person, two HR person and one psychologist.
They start with general questions to make you relax and after that they ask technical questions and in the end they ask questions like why do you want to join this company, expectations from company.
Usually they interview for 20-30 mins.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee
Mānesar (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in January 2011.

Interview Details – they asked nothing beyond your summer intern and subject u like

Interview Question – as u r olready in power secector company why u want join us   View Answer

Korba (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2009.

Interview Details – bhel conduct its entrance examination test. one who qualify it ,need to go for Personal interview .
the test consist of two sections (technical and non-tech) having 120 question in each section .

Interview Question – tell something about yourself excluding the info u put in the biodata and personal information form.   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Assistant Engineer
Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in November 2010.

Interview Details – First of all Greeting Formalities to all people present there & then some introduction about family & your self . After that tell about your strengths & your weeknesses but weekness must be told in such a way that it seems to be a positive point to the interviewer.Above all the knowledge that matters all. Take care of your personality also.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't present yourself as an ugly and unmannered person. Behave according to the situations.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in December 2011.

Interview Details – interview panel-3 interview hour-30 minutes

Interview Question – coal flow in thermal power plant   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Heavy Electricals in October 2010.

Interview Details – They asked me about my favourite subjects and my previous job experience. They asked about the profile of the company and place of posting .

Interview Question – If you are posted in a very remote area, will you be able to survive there....   Answer Question