Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

3.3

Internship Interview

Interview

I had an internal connection that was able to get me through the HR. There was no formal interview. Just asked me why I wanted to work there, what I hoped to accomplish, and behavioral questions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Noida (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

It consists of a GD (Case based) & two interviews (Technical & HR). They want technical as well as management skills in you. So not only prepare for technical skills but also be prepared for management skill based questions. The process is a bit hectic but don't be nervous during the interview. The interview environment was friendly.

Interview Questions

• you have a bottle of water, how do you know the water is suitable for drink or not.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

i applied through gate.....the first round was group discussion followed by 2 levels of interviews. Gate score is only for shortlisting the candidates for Gd.the final selection is when u qualify in the final interview and the medical rounds.....even they eliminate top gate rankers if Ur performance in gd is Bad

Management Trainee Civil Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Noida (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The shortlisted candidates were selected through gate exam.. There were 4 centers across India. I was at Delhi center. The cutoff for call in general there was AIR 58.
    84 were called,62 came. First was a group discussion round based on a case study.
    31 were selected for the next round. Then came the interview. It was all building construction and training report. The questions were basics but required observation. After that 17 students were shortlisted for the next round of HR interview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Delhi (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

GATE 2015 recruitment.
    3 levels of selection process: 1) GD 2)Personal interview (Tech cum HR) 3)Personal interview (Mostly HR)
    All are elimination round.
    GD round was easy (as compared to MBA Group Discussions) It was a case based GD.As all the candidates are from engineering domain, a candidate with average speaking skills can get through.
    then PI was also good from technical point of view.
    Then 3 rd round is a typical HR round(though they don't declare it to be a HR round separately )

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself
      2. Favourite subject,:(I said Fluid Mechanics & IC engines), question on pumps ,types, NPSH , some curves , applications, reynolds number, testing of fuels,...
      3. Why PSUs
      4. about my strength , examples(As mentioned in PI form)

Answer Question

Management Trainee Through GATE 2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

GD,Technical interview, HR interview.GD is based on a case based discussion.You do not need any general awareness for GD.Technical interview will be mainly from your text book.Very few practical questions will be asked.HR i didn't experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between centrifugal pump and reciprocating pump.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

GATE score,Case based GD, technical interview, HR interview, medical test...
    Process was transparent.... but in technical interview... it is based on gate score......GD is of case based... there were 6 people to monitor GD... ppt was given.. and process went on

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum (Warangal (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

an average interview, starting of with tell us about yourself, and why do i want to work in this company, then family background, the panel members were very friendly, and some questions on higher education after Btech.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in May 2014.

Interview

First round consisted of GD & it was a group of 14 per batch...& d topic( a current affair) given was .." Challenges ahead of modi sarkar" . everyone ws gvn a chance to xpress der views & 4 wer shorlisted from our squad for d personal interview.
    D panel consisted of 4 officers..2 from hrd & rest from technical wing. The panel was friendly enough and initially hr questions were fired in.From the technical area..they asked me few conceptual questions & sinc i was able to answer them correctly they tried another round wid few more hr questions.They made me comfortable enuf so dat i cud xplain thngs wid examples n cud express my point of view openly.
    Regarding technical side...one has to be wel aware of d basics of whch werevr engineering branch one has studied.A luk into d bpcl nature of jobs wud be beneficial to answer few hr questions
    It lasted for about 20 minutes or mayb lesser.
    Hope dis wl be useful

Interview Questions

• Y u want to join bpcl.?
      N wat if a private company tuk over bpcl aftr u get hired . wil u stil wrk sinc it z no more a govt firm...

Answer Question