Bharat Petroleum

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Interviewed at Bharat Petroleum

Interview Details – I had an internal connection that was able to get me through the HR. There was no formal interview. Just asked me why I wanted to work there, what I hoped to accomplish, and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why here?   Answer Question

Executive Operations Interview

Executive Operations
Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Interview Details – Group Discussion on Government policy. They ask the technical background and if one can do job which is transferable in nature.

Interview Question – They asked my about how one can automate fuel dispensing unit.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Interview Details – campus interviews , all india test

Interview Question – all india test is difficult   Answer Question

Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was a GD initially. GD was based on current affairs. Post GD, there was an interview which lasted around 25 - 30 mins

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

MTT Interview

Noida (India)

I interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in May 2013.

Interview Details – The short listing was done on GATE rank. Then the 1st round was Group discussion, which was elimination round.
2nd Round was PI.

Interview Question – What you think you will do in our company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was also selected in Iocl and Ntpc.

Assistant Manager, Human Resources Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was campus selection process. There was a group discussion. The candidates who cleared the GD round had to undergo an interview. There were four people in the panel, including one of the Directors. Most of the questions were personal - about family, interests, personality, etc. A few easy questions on HR areas. There was a lot of focus on industrial relations. BPCL looks for commitment loving conformists.

Interview Question – None, I thought it was a cakewalk. Of course, I had to lie and pretend being someone I was not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

GET Interview

Raebareli (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in November 2012.

Interview Details – GD followed by personal interview. The process took around 1;30 hours to complete. My interview panel was very cool.

Interview Question – The interview was quite basic and the they asked things from basics of chemical engineering only. HR part was also there with equal contribution.   View Answer

Indore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in February 2013.

Interview Details – GD+Interview. The GD consisted of general current affairs topics, with 10 students in a GD. Our topic was "Effect of FDI in retail, impact and suggestions". It was moderated a bit. The panel interfered to inform us when we were going in the wrong direction. They also asked at the end of the interview, to add anything anyone wanted say. No summary from anyone at the end. Heavy weightage given to grades and past academics.

Interview Question – Why a PSU when you have such good credentials?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process included a GD and PI. First groups were made for GD comprising of 9 to 10 students. The topics for GD were not tough, like in our case it was "Role of social media". After the GD was the interview. The interviewers had a sound knowledge of the technical aspects of engineering. I was asked questions about my vocational training, ongoing projects in college. There were also some HR questions. apart from that a few technical questions were also asked. Overall the interview was good the experience was enjoyable.

Interview Question – lets say, you got a job at IOCL and BPCL, which one will you choose and why?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Bharat Petroleum

Interview Details – Resume based shortlisting from College Placement Office. Therafter a general intrerview pertainign to BPCL and questions related to petroleum industry.

Interview Question – How will we be useful to you in the long run?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bharat Petroleum

Worked for Bharat Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bharat Petroleum interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bharat Petroleum employees and interview candidates.