Bharat Petroleum Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
35 interviews

3.3

Internship Interview

I had an internal connection that was able to get me through the HR. There was no formal interview. Just asked me why I wanted to work there, what I hoped to accomplish, and behavioral questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trichūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichūr (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in March 2010.

Campus interview directly from College.Campus interview was based on Aggregate scores in college ,screening was above 75% and then followed by group discussion based on a general topic and then Technical Interview from a Panel of BPCL Management Staff

Management Trainee Interview

The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in May 2014.

I was shortlisted through GATE 2014 and the interview was on May 2014. Rank upto 1900(for OBC) got a call. After shortlisting of candidates, they won't consider your GATE rank. Its all about your performance in the GD and PI.

Interview Questions
    • The process consist of GD and PI and the worst thing is that GD is an elimination round. So I was eliminated in the GD. GD topic was ''Should public sector be privatised?''   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

based on gate score, they shortlist for GD which is a elimination round. based on gd performance, candidates are shortlisted for interview. in interview they mainly asked questions related to fluid machinary and IC engines

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

There was GD in which 35 out of 90 were shortlisted. Each of the selected candidate was subjected to personal interview for final selection

The interview was completely a technical interview with medium level of difficulty. their main focus is on pumps and turbines

Interview Questions
    • I was unaware what they will ask and I didn't prepare well, so i find questions related to Hydraulic Machinery quite difficult   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

Got shortlisted on the basis of GATE score 2014 ( Chemical stream)
    Further Process included GD and Personal Interview round

GD: They made groups of about 10 students. Then they gave us a topic and gave 2 min to make points on that topic and GD started and it continued till 15-20 min.
    My topic was ' Will allowing FDI in retail benefit consumers in the long run or not? '
    It is a major elimination round and GATE rank does not matter once you reach GD.

Personal Interview round: First they asked me introduce myself, then they asked me why do you want to join BPCL and asked me to explain about oil and gas sector in India. Then they asked me about my favourite Subject, to which i answered Fluid Flow. They asked affinity laws, Difference between Pumps and compressors, Bernoulli's equation, types of pumps, which is better and why.
    Then they asked me that how will you test the quality of petrol/diesel (fuel) that is being injected to your vehicle.They asked me about Octane number , excess air , stochiometry related concepts, difference between unit operations and unit processes.
    At the end they asked are you comfortable working in locations like Mumbai, Kochi. I said yes.
    And they asked me to leave.
    Current status : in waiting list

Interview Questions
    • They didn't asked about industrial training, which i expected that they would.
      They asked some questions related to Petroleum engineering and furnaces as well.
        Answer Question

Management Trainee Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

GATE2014 --> GD --> Personal Interview --> Medical exam

Interview Questions
    • How to measure viscosity, what are the different parts of pumps, compressor, difference between positive displacement pimps and centrifugal pumps, application of Bernoulli's equation, isometric view.   Answer Question

Executive Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roorkee (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Group Discussion on Government policy. They ask the technical background and if one can do job which is transferable in nature.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my about how one can automate fuel dispensing unit.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

campus interviews , all india test

Interview Questions

Worked for Bharat Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!