Bharat Petroleum

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.3

Internship Interview

I had an internal connection that was able to get me through the HR. There was no formal interview. Just asked me why I wanted to work there, what I hoped to accomplish, and behavioral questions.

Management Trainee Interview

The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.The process consist of Gd and PI rounds.Topics of Gd rounds are related to current economics and politics.The PI round consist of basic technical questions.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in May 2014.

First round consisted of GD & it was a group of 14 per batch...& d topic( a current affair) given was .." Challenges ahead of modi sarkar" . everyone ws gvn a chance to xpress der views & 4 wer shorlisted from our squad for d personal interview.
    D panel consisted of 4 officers..2 from hrd & rest from technical wing. The panel was friendly enough and initially hr questions were fired in.From the technical area..they asked me few conceptual questions & sinc i was able to answer them correctly they tried another round wid few more hr questions.They made me comfortable enuf so dat i cud xplain thngs wid examples n cud express my point of view openly.
    Regarding technical side...one has to be wel aware of d basics of whch werevr engineering branch one has studied.A luk into d bpcl nature of jobs wud be beneficial to answer few hr questions
    It lasted for about 20 minutes or mayb lesser.
    Hope dis wl be useful

Interview Questions
    • Y u want to join bpcl.?
      N wat if a private company tuk over bpcl aftr u get hired . wil u stil wrk sinc it z no more a govt firm...

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum in May 2014.

I was shortlisted through GATE 2014 and the interview was on May 2014. Rank upto 1900(for OBC) got a call. After shortlisting of candidates, they won't consider your GATE rank. Its all about your performance in the GD and PI.

Interview Questions
    • The process consist of GD and PI and the worst thing is that GD is an elimination round. So I was eliminated in the GD. GD topic was ''Should public sector be privatised?''   Answer Question

Management Trainee Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

GATE2014 --> GD --> Personal Interview --> Medical exam

Interview Questions
    • How to measure viscosity, what are the different parts of pumps, compressor, difference between positive displacement pimps and centrifugal pumps, application of Bernoulli's equation, isometric view.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

Got shortlisted on the basis of GATE score 2014 ( Chemical stream)
    Further Process included GD and Personal Interview round

GD: They made groups of about 10 students. Then they gave us a topic and gave 2 min to make points on that topic and GD started and it continued till 15-20 min.
    My topic was ' Will allowing FDI in retail benefit consumers in the long run or not? '
    It is a major elimination round and GATE rank does not matter once you reach GD.

Personal Interview round: First they asked me introduce myself, then they asked me why do you want to join BPCL and asked me to explain about oil and gas sector in India. Then they asked me about my favourite Subject, to which i answered Fluid Flow. They asked affinity laws, Difference between Pumps and compressors, Bernoulli's equation, types of pumps, which is better and why.
    Then they asked me that how will you test the quality of petrol/diesel (fuel) that is being injected to your vehicle.They asked me about Octane number , excess air , stochiometry related concepts, difference between unit operations and unit processes.
    At the end they asked are you comfortable working in locations like Mumbai, Kochi. I said yes.
    And they asked me to leave.
    Current status : in waiting list

Interview Questions
    • They didn't asked about industrial training, which i expected that they would.
      They asked some questions related to Petroleum engineering and furnaces as well.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum in April 2014.

There was GD in which 35 out of 90 were shortlisted. Each of the selected candidate was subjected to personal interview for final selection

The interview was completely a technical interview with medium level of difficulty. their main focus is on pumps and turbines

Interview Questions
    • I was unaware what they will ask and I didn't prepare well, so i find questions related to Hydraulic Machinery quite difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

based on gate score, they shortlist for GD which is a elimination round. based on gd performance, candidates are shortlisted for interview. in interview they mainly asked questions related to fluid machinary and IC engines

Executive Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

Group Discussion on Government policy. They ask the technical background and if one can do job which is transferable in nature.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my about how one can automate fuel dispensing unit.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bharat Petroleum.

campus interviews , all india test