Bickford Senior Living

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bickford Senior Living

I applied online – interviewed at Bickford Senior Living.

Just went through my first interview. I was welcomed into the community. The feeling was very friendly. The interviewer was concerned that I had too much experience. Not sure why that was a concern. Maybe pay? Bickford certainly has its own culture. You need to be ready to work in a "family" and, like in a family, be able to do someone's "chore" (job) if they are sick, etc. Like in a family. If you don't have a problem with that, then this environment is for you. I, personally, don't have a problem pitching in. But, I'll have to wait and see if I get called back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bickford Senior Living.

The hiring process is fairly quick most time waiting for background and drug screen. The management where honest about the assisted living and the type of experience I would gain. They where not honest about the LPN being head of the shift they are responsible for the CNA but the can are not accountable and the management lets them do as they please while putting all of the pressure on the Nurse.

Interview Questions
    • I believe they were a bit desperate. They often get people in based upon telling them they can work a shift and then they cannot get enough hour on the shift so they bounce them all over the place.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bickford Senior Living.

Two in person interviews and a final phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Very typical questions. However, if you are asked if you know medical lingo, you better know it as you will be casually quizzed in conversation later in the interview. Be honest, they are looking for real people and real anwers.   Answer Question

Community Relations Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bickford Senior Living.

The hiring process was very intricate. It was a 4 step process. First, I met with the Director of the branch that I was interviewing with. Then, I met with the Divisional Director of Operations. The third interview was with the Divisional Marketing Director and the VP of Operations. Followed by the final phone interview with Andy Eby, Owner out of Kansas City.

Interview Questions

The pay was decent and great potential for bonuses, but was only offered 8 days vacation. They also want you to sign a non-compete agreement that prohibits you from working in the industry for 2 years within 15 miles of your branch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Takes forever~ I had 12 interviews with the company before I was hired

Interview Questions
    They don't negotiate. They are tightwads

Nursing Assistant Interview

Kept waiting 45 minutes while director was "visiting" with personal friend. In retrospect that was a clue to the egos within this company.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Touring the building was more important than personal questions.   Answer Question
    Found that company doesn't pay for experience.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bickford Senior Living in February 2012.

Friend called and asked if I would be interested in position. Regional Director called and did a short phone interview then asked to meet 1 on 1. Interview lasted about 2 hrs. I received a call to take the personality test on their site. Then I was asked to go to the home office and meet with one of the owners. Offer came about 5 days later. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like for your work experience to be with us?   Answer Question
    Interviewer offered job and salary then told me he would try for a higher salary because of my years in the business and experience I would bring with me. Home office denied higher wage.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bickford Senior Living.

I was called for an interview within 2 days of applying. I had my initial interview with the Divisional Director of Operations a few days later. The next day I received a call for a second interview. This interview was with the Vice President of Sales & Operations. Following this interview I received a call the same day to set up a final interview with the Executive VP and President of the company. This final interview was a phone interview. I was asked to complete a personality test, which I completed promptly. I received a job offer the next day. The entire process took less than a week. Most Director's hired have an initial interview with the Divisional Director of ops and VP of Sales & Ops at the same time. This was not possible during my interview therefore I had an extra interview. I had an excellent interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What changes do you foresee for assisted living in the future?   Answer Question
    I was asked during the interview what my salary requirements were. I was offered 1K less. I negotiated for the additional 1K and received it.